Search Unity

Anyone know what this error means: 'm_size < k_reference_bit'

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dinosaurs, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

I updated to 5.3.3 yesterday, and now I'm seeing an error that reads "m_size < k_reference_bit" occasionally in my project. It seems like its related to a rendertexture I'm using to show a uGUI canvas, but there's no detail in the error so I'm not sure exactly what's causing it. The most consistent way I can repro it is by opening my in-game map, which is displayed on that rendertexture.

I'm also not positive but I think it's causing a crash occasionally.

Has anyone seen this error before that might have some idea where I can start figuring out what's wrong?

2. fredlllll

fredlllll

i have the same problem since updating to 5.3.4. im also rendering the gui to a rendertexture

fogsight likes this.
  3. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Exact same problem here and it's a HUGE issue for us, as I can confirm that it causes consistent crashes. After several of these error messages have appeared we always end up having an editor crash.

We're rendering our entire HUD to a texture before displaying it, so the only way to work in the editor is to disable the HUD. Of course this means we can't do any work on the HUD, at least not without suffering constant crashes as the errors accumulate.

Seems like the issue has been verified:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hes-at-fullparameterpreparer-onpreparetexture

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. wbakunis

wbakunis

I was able to trigger that error with this little piece of code. As soon as I test the game in editor, console spits out

"m_size < k_reference_bit"

Code (CSharp):
    1.  RotationSpeedText.GetComponent<Text>().text = raycastmanager.BlockRotateSpeedMult.ToString() + "Rot Speed"

5. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

Today, we downgraded the visual look of our UI thanks to this bug. This is preventing me from doing any shader and image effects work for our UI.

6. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Can we get an update on this issue from Unity? This bug is actually killing our UI development, and like most teams we're on a schedule. Seems like a "crashes the entire editor constantly" bug would have higher priority.

This isn't even the only major issue we've got right now on this so-called stable release. Our shadows have been broken for months now (bug #767114).

7. Naphier

Naphier