Search Unity

Any user can start a cloud build and edit settings

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Hazneliel, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello, Im trying to share builds with registered Unity users, but when I add them to the project with the role of "User" they can edit my cloud build settings, even start builds and delete them.

According to documentation, "Users" should only be able to view data, not edit it.

ANy idea on why is this happening?

2. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Please I would appreciate some help here =)

3. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

yes it is the behaviour expected. Users are read only. Is it a bug?

4. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

At the moment, this is expected behaviour. However, we are working on cleaning up user permissions soon.

Thanks for your patience :)

- Sophia

5. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

try to create a Group and add your user to this group. Then add project you want to this group.

I do like this.

By default a user (manager or user role) have access to all my projects, that is not what. With Group you can limit to only project you want.

SophiaC likes this.
  6. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Allright Thanks, I will try that, but still if I add an user to a group with access to one project, will he still be able to start and configure cloud builds?

I only want users to be able to see the job history and be able to download them, not start them or configure them.

7. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Thanks Sophia, still I wonder why is that the expected behavior, on the roles description it says the following:

What do the access levels "Owner", "Manager", and "User" mean?

Owner

Owners can do anything in any service, across all projects. Owners are the only users who have access to the payment instruments and billing data at the organization level.

Manager
    Managers can do most of the things in any service, across all projects. Managers can add users and do everything an owner can do, except see billing and credit card information for the organization.

User
    Users can only read and view data, not edit it.

So based on this, Users should only be able to see data.

Anyway, you said you are working on fixing this right? Would you know if that is happening in a few months or in a few weeks?

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  8. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

By 'expected behaviour', I meant that it is expected for the moment until we fix it. It is expected, but not intended :)

We do not have an exact time frame for this fix, but it is being worked on. We will update you when we have more information.

- Sophia

9. xenonmiii

xenonmiii

@SophiaC Is there any update on this?
    When assigning a role to new testers we can only assign Owner or Manager. (User is not in the list).