Search Unity

Any solutions for Error : 'X509Certificates' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Crypt

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jjennings1990, Aug 10, 2017.

1. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Hey guys I have recently begun working on a Windows 10 universal project. When I try to make a builld I am having issues with the encryption classes not being found using the current . net subset even when I changed it to .net 4.6 . The errors express the title text . Has anyone else necountered this issue?

One offered solution was to simply switch the back end to IL2CPP but unfortunately when I try to do that I am met with an error that says "Currently Selected Scripting backend ( IL2CPP) is not installed.

I began going down the road of figuring out how to install IL2CPP but the heart of the issue has to do with the missing encryption class libraries for building with .Net

Has naybody encountered/ solved these issues ?

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Those classes are simply not available when targeting .NET. It's not our decision (Microsoft controls that).

Using IL2CPP is the right way to go. To install it, just run the Unity installer again and tick "Windows Store (IL2CPP scripting backend)" component.

jjennings1990 likes this.
  3. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something with this error I will focus on using IL2CPP then.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Sounds great! Let us know if you run into any issues with it.

jjennings1990 likes this.
  5. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

No issues whatsoever I was able to build fine with IL2CPP . I am getting weird FOV issues with my cameras/ eyes while in the headset but I will open up a new post to address those if I feel like I need more help diagnosing that. thank you !