Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Any great asset for RPG newbie maker?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Pollawat, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Pollawat

Pollawat

Sorry for my bad English.

I'm a newbie and I wondering that.

Any mechanics system asset for an RPG maker or some kind of template that cover these things.

- AI
    - Leveling and Stats system.
    - Item and Inventory system.
    - Skill system.
    - Multiplayer

Please give a an example that for a newbie developer and not hard to use and quite reasonable price.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Schneider21

Schneider21

The Asset Store allows you to search for terms and filter results by price and user rating. I don't have any experience using a purchased RPG kit, so I can't give specific advice, but you should have no problem narrowing down good options yourself with a slight bit of effort.

3. Pollawat

Pollawat

I don't know that is the problem. Sorry about that. I just need to know that why I asking this. Please some body.

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Okay...

So here I searched for "RPG kit", and adjusted the filters to only show assets that cost $10 or less, and that have an average rating of 4 or more stars. Adjust the cost slider to fit your budget, and open leniency on the rating as you see fit.

You seem to have a list of requirements for what you need the kit to provide. That should make it easy to evaluate assets and determine if they'll be a good fit for you. You just have to do a bit of work to actually evaluate them, like reading reviews and the asset's provided documentation.

If you consider this too much work, you'll find the actual act of making a game to be an impossible feat. Regardless of what kit you end up using.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. Pollawat

Pollawat

Thank you very much. Now I looking for plyGame for a while, and also try to looking at the Playmaker to.

Sorry again, now I'm studying at the bachelor level, and I need something to finish my project. The reason is to make an education game for a children with no profit.