Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-virus problems

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by andeeeee, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry100

Barry100

i have been having some strange issues with Steam and the Unity based game I am building. When I am testing my game with friends through steam, 2 of my friends can not even download the game through steam. The first time one of them tried he got a virus warning. he is using Bullguard AV the other is using Karpersky. I really need this issue resolved. I am releasing my game on steam in a month or so.

2. Esfuerso

Esfuerso

Portal Test\PortalTest\Temp\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll TrojWare.Win32.Krap.T@101925166
    Virus scanner: Comodo internet security premium 10
    The popup happened when I tried importing the Characters package

3. NatalyCreates

NatalyCreates

Hey, just encountered an issue with Google Drive flagging my build as a virus. (Unity 2017.3.1f1)
    Basically, I created a Windows build of a simple game, put it in a RAR file (tried ZIP too, made no difference), uploaded to Google Drive, and then when I try to download it Google Drive warns me there's a virus. I wouldn't care, but this is a build I need to share with other people and Google Drive is flagging it as a virus which is creating difficulties with sharing, and I don't want my clients to experience this as well.
    As far as I know, Google runs files through several antivirus services, so probably one of those is flagging falsely as a virus, but I don't know which.
    For the moment my solution is to go back to Unity 2017.2.0f3, but I need this to be resolved to be able to use the latest Unity features. With this version of Unity the issue doesn't occur (I uploaded a RAR of the exact same project).

Also, I ran both files (2017.2 version and 2017.3 version) through VirusTotal, and in both cases, Baidu is the only service on there that's flagging a virus - "Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.16070401". Very obviously a false positive of their heuristics. However, since Baidu is flagging both of the versions, it might not be the service responsible for the Google Drive issue.

Hope this information can help resolve this - I can provide the file/project if needed.
    Edit: tested with an empty Unity project just in case, same issue.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  4. Dennin-Dalke

Dennin-Dalke

This is a dead thread, right?! Anyway, perhaps some dead soul can help me figure out if there's any other official thread or bug case where I can attach an Antivirus flagging Unity issue?

VOTRUBEC likes this.
  5. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

i need help too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.