Search Unity

Animations not playing on mobile

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ccklokwerks, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ccklokwerks

ccklokwerks

Hi all,

I've got some sort of export or settings problem I don't understand.

The simplified version is, I have an asset bundle containing a 3d model with two animations (an open and close). The asset bundle is on a server and downloaded for use (which is fine) For testing purposes I removed any trigger or conditions on the animations, so it should just play open/close/open/close forever.

In the editor, this works.

On (iOS) device, nothing happens.

I thought it *might* have something to do with Quality settings, so I set that to Fantastic. No dice - it still doesn't play any animations.

Does anyone have an idea what might be happening?

2. ccklokwerks

ccklokwerks

I got back to look at this again and added some visual debug messages.

So now I know that my problem is that the Animator never initializes.

Has anyone else run into this problem lately? (P.S. I am currently using v5.4.2) I tried looking for recent discussion of this issue but only found older hits.

3. Roman-Amiri

Roman-Amiri

i have the same problem : asset bundle containing a 3d model with animation , works perfectly on android but on IOS device asset will download but animation cannot play.
    anyone know the solution

4. pszNicx

pszNicx

Experiencing this issue as well. Animations are playing fine on Windows and in the Unity editor but on iOS some of them just aren't working.

5. BooBi

BooBi

Same issue here. Animated perfectly in the editor nothing works on IOS (People Pack from the asset store)