Search Unity

Animate CC Individual Sprite Size

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by kapopixel, Apr 24, 2017.

1. kapopixel

kapopixel

Hello everyone,

I want to use Animate CC to create animations in my 2D game so to create sprite sheets. However, I couldnt find a way to set sizes of individual sprites in a sprite sheet (not the size of whole sprite sheet).

Since I want to slice my sprite sheet as 256x256 in Unity, I need to set sizes of each individual sprites as 256x256 in my sprite sheet. Everytime I generate a sprite sheet, Animate CC sets random pixel sizes (let's say 210x250) for each individual sprites and this is what I am trying to set, I am trying to make these sizes 256x256 so I can easily slice them in Unity.

Does anyone know how to do this in Animate CC.

I've tried to use Guide Lines but did not work. My next plan is to put little dots to four corner of the canvas so I can push Animate CC to generate each individual sprite in the canvas size but this sounds weird..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Ive only used Animate CC sparingly at work.
    You could probably create a fill shape at the size you want the sprites to be 256x256 and place it in a background layer. If anything like illustrator - that will define the size of the creation upon export.
    However this might cause issues when trying to derive the alpha for the character so youll have to be creative to force the alpha to match the character shape excluding the 256 bg shape.

3. kapopixel

kapopixel

Thank you for your reply. I think I devised a sort of solution to this. What I do is, I create a Mask Layer that covers all of my other layers and that is size of 256x256. So in a way I determine borders of my canvas via this Mask Layer and it works. When I generate sprite sheets in this way, it only detects what I have inside my mask of which size is 256x256.

4. FrankThe2nd

FrankThe2nd

Not sure if this helps, but if you can export the individual sprites as images, you can then use a web based sprite generation tool I created which will optimize and generate a sprite image with JSON (if selected) in power of 2 sizes (i.e. 32x32, 256x256, etc). You can then use integrate the JSON into your scripting and order the sprites Alphabetically. If you need a different feature, let me know: https://www.facetstudios.com/sprite-generator/

kapopixel likes this.
  5. marthasimons

marthasimons

Animate CC it's like a flash editor just, does export in html

Attached Files:

• cc.pdf
      File size:
      243.5 KB
      Views: