Search Unity

Animals Full Pack By PROTOFACTOR, Inc // Updates are coming!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Jul 25, 2017.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Fox v2.0 is now live on the Asset Store!
    Forest Animals Pack v2.06 with all character upgraded is live as well.
    Animals Full Pack v2.06 (with Fox upgraded) is currently being uploaded and should be live in a couple hours.
    Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Next will be the Farm Animals Pack, starting with the sheep

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  2. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Thanks for doing the updates in pack order! On slow internet I have to fight the urge to download the full pack with every update. heheh Easier to justify grabbing it when each of the smaller packs are finished. I'll grab it tonight after the upload with fox is approved! Thanks for putting the time into updating these guys! :)

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You're welcome. I think all customers must be pretty happy to see those updates coming without having to pay any extra.
    Btw, Animals Full Pack v2.06 is already live... You can go grab it whenever you feel like it.

4. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Definitely! To be honest, I was surprised when I found out it was going to be a free update.

Are there plans to add more animals later as a paid update? Or maybe more animals as a second full pack?

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

we are considering adding a few animals ( it can be a female version if it differs too much in shape and proportion to the base model) up to a total of 30 animals (the current count got to be around 25 at the moment) means that there is some room for up to 5 new models) but that would also mean a price raise. The final price wouldn't be more than $149.99 though). Nothing is sure at the moment...

mons00n and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sheep is on its way. Model is currently being animated. Here is an early sketchfab viewer of the current WIP:

BackwoodsGaming and mons00n like this.
  7. mons00n

mons00n

That sheep fur looks fantastic!

hopeful likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not that into sheep, but this is probably the best looking one out there.

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Mmmmm... lamb chops with ratatouille... yummy

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sketchfab viewer has been updated with the latest version of the sheep
    Sheep v2.0 is now live on the Asset Store!

Farm Animals pack v2.01 with the upgraded sheep is now live as well.
    Animals Full Pack V2.07 will be live in a couple hours max.
    download links have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Next will most likely be the pig.
    Have a great week end! :)

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Animals Full Pack v2.07 with upgraded sheep is now live!

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Pig is almost done. the animation set from the boar is currently being retargeted with some few tweaks. Model should be ready tomorrow.
    Here is the early sketchfab viewer to check it out in real time:

edit: forgot to mention that model will have a clean skin version as well and maybe a few morph targets.

13. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

BACON!!!! :p

Love the look of the new pig! Great job!!!

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks!

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

goat is on the way... Still need to update that animation set... This one is the old one retargeted to the new rig

Cheers! :)

mons00n and hopeful like this.
  17. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

These animals look fantastic now. Before they were good, now they are fantastic :)
    Thanks for the updates. Very good Job.

I hope the Performance will not slow down too much ...

18. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

PS: After the upgrade, what I would really like additional to the animals full pack which I bought:

having a "child" for each of the main animals from the full pack or at least the farm and forrest animals...

It would be totally okay for me to pay for that. Maybe a new pack, animals full pack kittens or something like that :D
    Would be a perfect addon for many of the games which use the full pack I guess.

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for your kind words. We're currently focusing on upgrading and releasing as fast as possible the animals that are currently included. We hope to have this process completed by December 2017.
    Once we'd be done with this we'll publish a road map for 2018. it'll be indicative of what we plan on doing, most likely not something that we'll be able to stick to the letter. According to feedback, critics and demands we'll see what we can incorporate in that road map.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Also, forgot to ask... If any of you are really happy with what's going on and with the direction the pack is taking, we would highly appreciate an updated review or a brand new one (even better) if you never reviewed this asset. Indeed review can help a long way... especially since this pack has mostly really old reviews from back in the v1.x era.
    Thanks in advance for your help! :)

21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Farm Animals Pack v2.03 with upgraded goat is live on the Asset Store.

Animals Full Pack should be live in s couple hours.

Have a great week end

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Animals Full Pack v2.09 is finally live (with the upgraded Goat).
    Next week: Cow and chickens.

24. ivendar

ivendar

Woah great work and updates on those animals. :)

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thank you!

26. Teila

Teila

If only we had a ram to go with that sheep! Seriously awesome!

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, while the sheep was being created, we noticed that it could be possible to just add a toggle horn mesh to make it a ram... this will be implemented very soon. Just like for the goat which might have two updates: female without horns and with udder (once the pack is pretty much complete) and a white version .
    We try to be careful with adding extra skins because of the size of the package... it's already more than 1 Gb and we're only a third of the way... adding a new skin double the size of a package almost... the cow will definitely need about maybe 3 skins... We need to see how much space is left of the 4 Gb limit before we can go nuts on adding female or male versions, new skins etc...

28. Teila

Teila

I bet some of us would not mind paying for a second package. :) Some non combat animations would be lovely too in a new package. Farm animals need to lie down and sleep....and actually, I would love a hibernating bear hidden in a winter cave.

But...for the future. Really looking forward to your birds. We use those extensively in our project.

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We will most likely add those animations. regarding the birds, we're still contemplating the best way to handle them. that's why we kept them for last.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Cow is on its way! Mew! It's already modeled, textured (3 skins) rigged and skinned. We just need to update the animation set and it'll be ready. Here is the early Sketchfab viewer:

Cheers! :)

30. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Sleeping Animation is a wonderful idea!

Teila likes this.
  31. Teila

Teila

Don't you mean, moo? :) Maybe that is only for english speaking cows.

Now, how about removing those udders and giving us a bull. :)

Cow looks great!

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

glad you like the cow. For the bull, we'll see what we can do. Adding a bull isn't the most difficult part. However keeping the pack under the 4 Gb limit is... adding a bull means more textures at 4K²( especially with 3 skins as well... which is a lot) once we'd be done or almost with the entire pack we'll be able to figure out what we can add. We don't want to create a paid Add-On. So we have to work around all the limitations....
    Yep it was Moo... lol ... pretty late yesterday when posting...

hopeful and mons00n like this.
  33. Teila

Teila

I wonder if you can make the udders a separate object and we can hide/show it when necessary. Neat thing is that if we want herds, we can maybe write code that will hide/show based on percentage of herd. And the code can even be written to allow a herd to change percentage of male/females as time goes by. Great for strategy sort of things, like a farmer growing his herd, culling out the males for hamburger, etc.

Disclaimer: My grandfather was a farmer so spent lots of time on a farm. Did not mean to denigrate male cattle. ;)

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Same here, Gand'Pa was a farmer... cows, chickens, rabbits... wheat, corn, potatoes etc... I think the bulls won't take any offense.
    It doesn't work that way, sometimes with horns, antlers you could get away with just separating the mesh. But here, with udders it's another story... Would need a brand new mesh. We try to provide detailed animals we don't want to have those harsh effects with meshes stuck together. This would be for old mobile devices.

Teila likes this.
  35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

36. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

The correct german spelling is "Muh" :)
    By the way, the cow Looks great!

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

1 .. 2.. Polizei

38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I love your models. Any chance you will make a Giraffa camelopardalis one day? Nobody did it before, at least I cant find a good one.

39. Teila

Teila

Which is why I said moo is only for english speaking cows. lol

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I think we can all agree that the etymology comes back to the Latin root: "Muuis" which then became in some more recent Latin languages: meuh in French, Muuu in Italian and Spanish. I think I'm gonna create a thread on wikipedia about this specific onomatopoeia.
    Now Cot cot codec... where does that one comes from??? :)

Teila likes this.
  41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you like our creations. We don't have that one planned unfortunately. Sorry

42. hopeful

hopeful

My chickens don't say that. They curse like Irishmen, but their beaks give them a lisp, so it sounds like "cluck." ;)

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Never let the chickens curse!! they need rudimentary pieces of education otherwise you'll get ran over. Stupid chickens!

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Chickens are done! They'll be available tomorrow! The Farm Animals Pack will be complete tomorrow as well. Chicken will have 3 color variations to chose from. Here is the Sketchfab viewer to check it out:

Next will be the African animals.

45. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, my chickens have much larger wings. When they spread their wings, it's pretty impressive. Not quite like an eagle, but each wing probably covers an area greater than or equal to the side profile of the chicken. So probably at least double the current breadth.

But probably people who don't own chickens wouldn't notice. ;)

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

giving bigger wings would have been super annoying to put them in the standard position... Most of the time they never use their wings. I was a necessary choice.

47. hopeful

hopeful

I figured it was probably a modeling issue. ;)

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

49. Teila

Teila

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Creating a rooster and chicks is something we already considered. The answer is the same though... lets finish all the animals first in order to see what kind of space we have left... So far, bull, rooster, chicks...
    Also, there will be a big update with LODs for all the animals, 2 or 3 level of details. LOD0: 2 fur layers, LOD1: 1 fur layer, LOD2: no fur layer, maybe LOD3: geometry optimized.

Teila likes this.