Search Unity

Androids that work with Unity Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Wozik, Feb 10, 2011.

1. maspi

maspi

I've tested Vocworld Space (3D-Space Ship Game) on the low end Tablet

Prestigio Multipad 8.0 PMP5580C PRO DUO

Amlogic AML8726-MX
    1500 MHz

Android 4.1.1 (Last release important 4.1.0 won't work)
    Works fine

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. U7Games

U7Games

JXD Chinese Game Player works fine on Unity buils too.

3. jay_adams_1147

jay_adams_1147

I haven't used Unity for awhile, and then it was only PC/web.

Now I have a Samsung Centura (Android 4.0, 800 mhz). I didn't see it in the list, what is the easiest way to go about testing it. (Don't want to work on full app just to find out it can't be used)

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

GIGABYTE Aku A1 - works fine.

5. Count_Rugen

Count_Rugen

Motorola Droid Razr M - ARMv7 - Running Android 4.1

It works with Unity flawlessly, but did take me an initial 10 hours of troubleshooting/experimenting until it was detected by ADB. :-/

6. Kondor0

Kondor0

Somebody know if the Exhibit 4G has problems with Unity? I have been reported freezes and the accelerometer not working.

7. Reizla

Reizla

My LG L5-II runs Android 4.3.x applications (don't ask about performance - can't run too heavy stuff). But when I connect it to the PC, Unity tells me unsupported device.

8. arjeriababa

arjeriababa

Arm - 7 = Pantech Burst, Xperia Z, Galaxy Mega 5.8, Note 3, Micromax Canvas A100

9. supermud

supermud

Does the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Work

10. dapug

dapug

Does anyone besides me see the colossal issue with this thread? I mean, such a thread should not need to exist.

Do we have similar threads for Apple or Windows platforms? Nope, just Google.

Why are developers and the industry willing to put up with this??? Developers are left with no confidence that their crap will work for their customers. User are fraught with issues when things dont work as expected. And what are they expecting? Well, they are expecting that when an app supports Android, then it supports Android - and NOT have to check some list of specific magical flavors of Android to see if they are lucky. My gosh people. Seriously, what a train wreck! This is the future of mobile? This is the dominate OS of choice in the market? Man, I knew the world was in turmoil, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together, but this pretty much seals it for me.

11. scr33ner

scr33ner

Your post is probably rhetorical, but this thread is helpful.

This brings to light the problem of the different hardware configurations with Android devices. Samsung's hardware configuration that supports ICS may be completely different from KurioWorld / Nabi / Generic manufacturer.

I bought a cheap ICS based tablet as my baseline test device. I was expecting that I would be able to install Instagram on said tablet. I guess my expectations were too high-- Instagram developers said no, your device is not supported.

12. bhegde

bhegde

Tested to work on Droid Mini, Ultra, and Maxx (Verizon)

Tested to work on Kindle Fire 1st Generation

Tested to work on Pantech Breakout

13. Dakwamine

Dakwamine

Is the list from the first page updated? I'm looking for a low-middle end compatible Android smartphone for testing and personal use.

14. Reizla

Reizla

Update on my entry here. I finally figured out how to get Unity Remote to work and that works on the LG L5-II device. There are only 2 problems I experience though:
    1. the display is extremely grainy
    2. GUI options only work when I 'mouse over' them on the screen and the Android keyboard doesn't pop up when typing

I have also found that the performance needs some tweaking. Mostly because this Android phone has only ~512Mb memory and (probably) a single-core processor.

15. scr33ner

scr33ner

For those interested, Antutu BenchmarkX gives a decent hardware profile for your android device.

samauden likes this.
  16. Z11

Z11

Samsung galaxy ace 3:
    It has "Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8930 / Krait 200" tecnology.
    Is it compatible with unity????

17. yuvalhaz

yuvalhaz

ALCATEL 8008x ????

18. jeli23

jeli23

Is SE X10 mini Sony Ericsson X10 mini?Does this work with unity?How did you manage to get it work?

19. Exsight

Exsight

Motorola RAZR XT910 works well (4.1.2) but had to install a KitKat (4.4.1) to work with video (Easy Movie Texture For Android plugin)

Pipo Max-M9 is sadly not detected by Unity (surely because there isn't specific driver for it) but APK works well (4.2.2) without EMTFA compatibility... Though I will not recommend it as it runs with a Mali 400 MP4 that is known to have many issues with Unity...

20. dshewmaker

dshewmaker

HP Slate 8 Pro run Android builds. However we do have some crashes and it really got upset about some textures. It runs 4.3.3

21. saranraj

saranraj

Unity Android will be more compatible to run.

22. Runnerman12

Runnerman12

Nvidia Shield Portable and Tablet are missing from the list?

23. meatball

meatball

HTC one x works perfectly!

24. J-F

J-F

Has anyone tried unity on posh titan hd e500?

25. goat

goat

I have a Proscan PLT7223G 7" that is very low end and it works fine with UMA (which can be very calculation and texture intensive) after adjusting the texture resolution suitable for a WVGA screen and 512 MB RAM. It runs Android 4.1.1 and a very good deal for something quite a bit less than $100.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  26. Mariah12

Mariah12

It is also working on my HTC Inspire 4G OS 2.2
    Unity Android is an excellent application

27. acropole

acropole

I'm sure it don't work anymore on Wiko Cink Slim with 4.6.1f1.
    It just crash before unity's splash screen, even with a blank project (1 scene, 1 camera, nothing more).
    It was working with unity 4.5.

28. J-F

J-F

Tested briefly on One plus.
    Otherwise it works fine, except multithread rendering.
    Multithread is very unstable on oneplus and tends to crash frequently.

29. narger

narger

Nexus 5 and lg g2 run unity games perfectly.

30. goat

goat

To update...the Proscan PLT223G 7" was a case of almost but not quite. At least not without heavy optimization of a game that wasn't very heavy to begin with. Main reason why this was as I researched was the device was single core A7 CPU with a MP2 GPU (dual core GPU - which is what nearly saved the app on this platform) with 1024x600 resolution and 512 MB RAM. In fact, performance would improve the longer I play and the graphics and instructions got cached by Unity/Android and the CPU/GPU combo but would be bad again after not playing for a while or rebooting and things like that.

What I did to fix this, was buy a Nextbook 7" with Android KitKat 4.4.2 (API 19) that has a Quad Core A7 with a Quad Core GPU (MP450), 1GB RAM and 1024x600 resolution and the game can run with no problems until, common to all these mobile devices, Apple, Android, or Windows, too many applications are loaded into memory at once.

Doing this meant I couldn't honestly publish to an platform less than Android 4.4.2 but as I'm more keen to expand my game than to sell a finished game, that was fine by me.

31. Nikolausan

Nikolausan

Samsung Galaxy S, OS 2.2 and newer

32. wasiqaftab

wasiqaftab

HI

03-27 15:43:57.678: E/Unity(701): [EGL] Unable to find a configuration matching minimum spec!

when i try to fun on nook HD+ it gives this error i am using emulator. i try all the build setting like with 32 bit and without 32 bit . all what i see on forums .

any hlep on it

33. wasiqaftab

wasiqaftab

@Wozik

i have a small issue on nook can you hlep me i got this error when i import

HI

03-27 15:43:57.678: E/Unity(701): [EGL] Unable to find a configuration matching minimum spec!

when i try to fun on nook HD+ it gives this error i am using emulator. i try all the build setting like with 32 bit and without 32 bit . all what i see on forums .

any hlep on it

34. atr0phy

atr0phy

(Perhaps general discussions need to be moved to a separate thread, trying to find compatible devices in here is a nightmare.)

ASUS Transformer TF101 - working

35. mellinsa

mellinsa

Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. Works quite nice on Galaxy Note with Android Lollipop. It works with Unity flawlessly, but did take me an initial 10 hours of troubleshooting/experimenting until it was detected by ADB. :-/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  36. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Hopefully, no one's posted this one yet, but...

Unity games successfully tested and working (well, with some mali-400-specific glitches sometimes, thanks low-precision... :D) with the Peondo Pad 4.0 7" tablet
    Specs:
    CPU: Allwinner A10
    GPU: (Stated above) Mali-400MP
    RAM: 1GB (As far as I know, have yet to check it again)
    Android version: 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)

Heh... I got it running flawlessly over USB, but wifi took a while... :p

37. goat

goat

My very capable Android HW is unsupported by many apps in the app store, generally because publishers often don't understand the requirement of their own apps. Example, I know of a very popular app that won't install because my Android tablet doesn't have a cell phone chip although the app doesn't even use cell phone capabilities. Generally, devices that use cell phone capabilities are usually kept longer and so are less capable from a hardware and software perspective.

38. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

...And that's where device spoffing comes in handy! or not... :D

39. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

I'm getting reports of bad performance on the THL 5000 our game Tunnel Fish runs fine on other devices so far the THL is the only bad report. It seems to be specific to that phone's processor/chip set. Not sure how to improve performance on it. The chip the THL uses is the MediaTek 6592, while ive got a report from the same reviewer of using an Xperia C3 which has a Qualcomm chip, running the game almost flawlessly despite being a much older and slower device. Does anyone here with a MediaTek chip mind downloading and reporting in on this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NaniteGamingStudio.TunnelFish

40. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

You mean this?

All I can guess is that the driver implementation must be horribly broken!

EDIT: Will also ask around at school and see if anyone else has this phone. (I don't, I only have the pendo I posted here a while ago)

41. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Perhaps, the guy says hes tried it with two separate thl5000's I dont know how popular of a phone it is, but I for sure have confirmed issues on that phone. In good news, I haven't had any other reports of poor performance (specifically) yet.

42. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

A friend of mine answered your question; He had never heard of it... :D
    Like I said before, it's most likely that either the driver support in android is horribly broken, or something with the phone's hardware is not working like it should with unity. What do you get in logcat?

43. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

I dont know what logcat is(stillarelativelynewandroiddeveloper). I just know what the guy's saying is happening, which is large fps drops.. Honestly, I'll probably just disable the device's ability to play my game. I'm not overly concerned about the THL5000 users rising from the ranks to overthrow me and my game. =]

44. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Ok then... :D

45. Kronnect

Kronnect

Testing Samsung S6 here. Works ok with "Force Open GL 2.0" enabled. If set to automatic, app crashes at startup.

46. BrotenStudios

BrotenStudios

Nvidia Shield,
    Nvidia Shield Pro,

tested with Nvidia Tegra X1 SDK for Android 5.1 using Unity pro 5.1.0f3 Editor

47. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Welp, that was to be expected. :) How good does it look? (I am assuming there aren't shadows there)

48. BrotenStudios

BrotenStudios

Doing testings still but I did find Real Time Soft shadows draw always as Hard Shadows. Real Time Hard Shadows are ok.
    Hardware wise I believe the Tegra X1 could do soft shadows. But the Unity Android PlayerEngine might not.

49. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Yes, that's the sad part fo unity android... the soft shadows never draw regardless. :/

And I can say that it's possible to get shadows on ALL platforms... just takes a bit of tweaking and scripting! ;) And yea, the X1's power if it does soft shadows is really wasted there.

50. Hlloyy99

Hlloyy99

@ Wozik
    Samsung gaalxy s4/s5
    Sony
    LG
    Huawei
    Meizu