Search Unity

[Solved] Android - This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by elenzil, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elenzil

elenzil

howdy -

i'm sure this is a common one.
    I'm trying to get IAP going in the google play store.

as far as i can tell, i've hit every item on this checklist.
    the only one i'm a little unsure of is "Test account (not developer) - is the main account on the device.",
    but the test account is logged in to the play store, for sure. the APK was uploaded over 24 hours ago.

IAP successfully initializes, and indeed pulls down pricing that i've set in the Play Store.
    When i initialize purchase, i get what looks like a fairly normal "This will cost $1.23" dialog,
    which seems like a red flag per the bottom of this page, and then when i attempt to purchase
    i get the wildly helpful message "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play".

looking at the ADB log, i see very little.

I'm side-loading the APK (with the save version & build-number as uploaded to play store) via `adb install`.
    One catch is our app is > 100MB, so the version uploaded to Play Store is build with OBB file,
    but the sideloaded version is not split in that manner.

How can i get more info out of the android device than just "at least one piece of this large complex puzzle is wrong" ?

tia,
    Orion

2. elenzil

elenzil

crudely hacking out sections of the app to get the APK size under 100MB and then uploading to play store resolved this.
    altho it's not recognizing my account as a tester account. will test sideloading soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.