Search Unity

android sdk not found

Discussion in 'Android' started by KhmerDude, Feb 13, 2013.

1. KhmerDude

KhmerDude

last night I spend 2 hours trying to figure out where is the location of android sdk and finally got it to work but now it not working and it doesn't give me any error message. it doesn't say android sdk not found it just direct me to search for android sdk and which I did but once I did that, the build and run just exit. does anyone have any idea?

youssefmoussaoui1706 likes this.
  2. Ogien

Ogien

I had the same issue, here is what I found works for me:

1. Make sure SDK 4.0 is installed even if you are using 2.3 or something just install 4.0 using SDK Manager
    2. Run Unity as Administrator (Right Click -> Run as Administrator)
    3. I find stopping the adb.exe process works,
    4. If you find the first build works but the second fails, try the above, if they fail, restart computer.

Adam

3. luther

luther

I have the same issue, please let me know if you solved it. Since I'm just starting I'll rather give up wit unity and change engine

4. luther

luther

I'm working on a intel i5 8gbram windows 7-64bit
    updating status after 20h, this is what I've done:

-uninstalled unity
    -uninstalled java JDK 32bit and 64bit versions
    -uninstalled all the android sdks
    -uninstalled android studio
    -installed jdk 1.7 32bit(only)
    -installed android sdk 4.0(api14) (in C:\Program Files (x86)\android-windows-sdk)
    -installed unity (in directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor)

Result is that nothing changed, while trying to build/run for android, UNITY can't find "android-windows-sdk" directory.

Please help???!!!
    thanks

5. PawelBodytko

PawelBodytko

I have exactly the same issue -- UNITY can't find "android-windows-sdk" directory...

6. annaharris

annaharris

I found same issue. Please share any suggestion to solve this android SDK issue.

7. plus347

plus347

This is my solution way; its really simple also. When Unity ask you for "android-sdk" , i showed a directory which is in "USERS".

" C:\Users\BEEFER\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-14 " its also works for my computer. "AppData" is secret folder, be carefull for this issue.

Adt MUST close while this processing time...

InmersysDev and sanjayovs like this.
  8. annaharris

annaharris

Thanks Man, for sharing quick solution about SDK issue.

9. likethebossiam

likethebossiam

I am using Unity 5.3.5.f1 and Android 23. Just C:\Users\'UserName'\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\ worked for me. Please note that you MUST replace 'UserName' with your user that has the SDK and Unity installed. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem now!

NaP_14 and gbbishop like this.
  10. acthr33

acthr33

I'm using 5.6 and I'm getting an error that unity cannot locate sdk path although I navigated to C:\Users\'UserName'\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ . Can someone tell me the director structure of the sdk folder? A photo of mine is attached. Thanks

Attached Files:

11. unity_Awu5BtltImCFHw

unity_Awu5BtltImCFHw

Same here. There's no exe file in the folder. Whenever I try to show sdk in Unity, to show SDK exe, I can not see it.

12. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

13. Bibrosko

Bibrosko

**UPDATE 2018**
    hi, here's how i fixed the problem (maybe it's not the perfectly orthodox way but it worked for me)

1) install JDK 32 bit ONLY
    2) install Android studio
    3) download the sdk-tools-windows-4333796
    4) keep it in a different folder than the android studio one
    5) open android studio and launch the SDK manager
    6) change the install folder (select the root of the sdk-tools-windows-4333796 you downloaded on step 3)
    7) let android studio update all pakages and tools (i installed eanything but maybe it-s not necessary)
    8) open unity and go to edit/preferences/external tools
    9) set the JDK path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\
    10) set the SDK path to the root folder used on step 4 C:[your folder]sdk-tools-windows-4333796
    11) done

14. huxley

huxley

Wow what stupidity! Not only are the command line instructions now out of date, but Google has removed the SDK manager GUI from Android Studio altogether! Who are the ass hats who make these decisions? Don't they realize that there are a suite of tools that are dependent on these things?

A much easier way to solve this SDK setup is to download the SDK directly from the Android archive and then update the SDK to a version that will work with the current version of Unity (for me it was r28) using the SDK Manager.exe which is at the root of the unzip location

http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows.zip

LiamDeveloper likes this.
  15. ToroidGames

ToroidGames

Why have you posted a link to r24 yet have quoted r28?

16. MayuriGupta

MayuriGupta

Consider this solution only if :
    You have android sdk installed already on your system.

You need to also install sdk module in Unity. For that :
    • Open Unity Hub
    • In "Installs" tab, click on the three dot menu of your version card
    • Click on "Add modules"
    • Select "SDK" under "Android" option
    • Agree and move further(clicking next) with following installation steps (as usually done)
    • Try "Build and Run" again !

This worked for me atleast.

cyberpanda491 likes this.
  17. emmettbebop

emmettbebop

To add to unity_-Nhr9kakg87-1w's response. I did that and still had the build error.

To fix, where they say "Select "SDK" under "Android" option"
    Also click the down arrow next to "Android" and also check the boxes for JDK and NDK.

For me the boxes were unchecked for some reason.

18. AlexisLeclerc

AlexisLeclerc

Hi,
    I had the same issue here with Unity2019.2.20f1.
    This video helped me

Basically it's:
    1. cd Unity/Hub/Editor/*unity_version*/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngine/AndroidPlayer
    2. chmod +x OpenJDK/jre/bin/*
    3. chmod +x OpenJDK/bin/*
    4. Download Android SDK "Command line tools only" for Linux from developer.android.com/studio, and extract it to Unity/Hub/Editor/*unity_version*/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngine/AndroidPlayer/SDK
    5. chmod +x SDK/*
    6. chmod +x NDK/*
    I needed to do an extra step, because I had an issue also with the NDK not being found.
    In the edit/preferences/external tools set manually the NDK path to /home/<you>/Unity/Hub/Editor/<version>/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/NDK/android-ndk-r16b (by default it's only .../NDK !)

19. atulpateltmspl

atulpateltmspl

Open Android Studio > Sdk Manager
    Please untick checkbox Hide Obsulate Packages

==>SDKTools ==> Androis Sdk Tools(obsulate) Ticked CheckBox after install

Attached Files:

20. manuelurias

manuelurias

Excellent, thanks

thanks this works for me.

atulpateltmspl likes this.
  21. KimJammer

KimJammer

Works for me too, Thanks a bunch

22. LiamDeveloper

LiamDeveloper

This solved my problem, I had installed SDKs correctly through Android Studio and the command line - nothing worked! I spent an entire day investigating this.

Downloading this SDK manager and installing the latest Android version finally let Unity detect the SDK.

23. shanpjose

shanpjose

Man you are a STAR.
    I was going mad installing and uninstalling Unity, Android Studio and Java.
    Such an easy fix.
    Thanks a ton bro.

24. rogodoy

rogodoy

Download this pack: http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows.zip [ The same
    huxley said]

It is old version, but it will work fine. Install this pack to a new folder.
    If you has windows: change the variables in system : by setting ANDROID_HOME to $HOME/Android/Sdk
    after change the system variables.
    Go to Unity preference> start Build your project, use the adress you installed the android pack. If a window appear, asking for update to r26 or higher click Update. The files will be update to a higher version.
    There is a another way is updating manually using a higher versions like r26. I believe this happen because we use Unity older versions.
    If you have installed this r24 version, just update it will fixed the problem.
    I just was going crazy, this tread help me a lot to find this solution. I always had problems if android Studio.They change a lot the software. But is fine we get working now.Thank you,

cy118 likes this.
  25. Ubuntun

Ubuntun

It works perfectly now for me. . .Thanks for saving my life.

26. vive_creative

vive_creative

Not quite sure what would be the solution. Unity seems to have tied everything to Hub & Hub is the most corrupt application Unity ever developed. It fails to update, fails to add modules. Why can't the unity connect their android build directly to android studio i wonder?