Search Unity

Android Keystore works in Unity Editor but not Unity Cloud

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Tekuzo, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Tekuzo

Tekuzo

I am trying to update my android settings in Unity Cloud Build so that I can digitally sign apps.

I have my android keystore that works in the Unity3D editor, the editor is able to sign and export apps locally, but when I go to cloud build, upload my keystore, enter the alias and put in the passwords I get an error stating that validation failed, either because of an invalid alias or password.

I have even made a new key inside of the keystore and tried to re-upload it and try the new alias but still no luck. Is there something simple that I am missing? I find it frustrating because I can use this keystore successfully in in the Unity3d editor just not in Unity Cloud Build

2. JayArgh

JayArgh

I have the same problem. My alias works with those passwords in Editor just fine, but Cloud Build just keeps displaying that validation error.

3. unitychrism

unitychrism

Can you please direct message me links to your respective projects in order to investigate? Thanks!

4. DNSavar

DNSavar

I have the same problem, somebody has a solution?

5. IvanAlvarez

IvanAlvarez

6. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi there,

Thank you for pointing this issue out. It is in fact a bug that's being looked into as I speak, and we'll have a fix in as soon as we can.

7. unitychrism

unitychrism

The issue with Android keystore configuration should now be resolved, thanks for your patience.

8. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

@unitychrism
    This bug is still appearing in our project. Exact same thing is happening
    [REDACTED project link]

We are using a .jks file

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  9. longmang

longmang

If this was fixed its broken again "Failed to update credentials! Keystore failed validation (invalid password or alias)."

Using the following command demonstrates the various passwords are correct, so its a Cloud Build issue

keytool -keypasswd -keystore mykeystore.jks -alias myalias -storepass mystorepass -keypass mykeypass -new mynewkeypass

10. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

Still occurring for us as well

11. lrb

lrb

Hey guys, this problem is still ocurring here three years later!
    I'm getting "Failed to update credentials! Keystore failed validation (invalid password or alias)."

In the Editor works just fine!
    Our Alias has some SPACES and SPECIAL CHARACTERS as well.

ina likes this.