Search Unity

Analyzing microphone input, and also have it recorded into the Everyplay video?

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by villeHelin, Sep 8, 2015.

1. villeHelin

villeHelin

I'm currently reading mic-in, having the user talking to the mic, analyzing the data, and doing different things depending on the amplitudes and frequency, but I have trouble getting the user's voice recorded into the video at the same time:

a) if I direct the mic-in to audio source output, Everyplay records the mic-in to the video, but as the physical mic-in and audio out on my iPad are pretty close to each other, the mic-in voice will start to loop/echo...

b) if I try to use Everyplay's FaceCam, it will just kill my mic-in, and I cannot analyze the audio.

Any suggestions how to improve the app? Thanks! :)

EDIT: We are making an iOS app, but possibly might release it on Android as well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @villeHelin

FaceCam requires exclusive access to the microphone so in your use case it is not the optimal solution.
    Unfortunately feeding mic audio into main audio stream -feature is not on our roadmap.

Cheers,
    Simo

3. MaestroMMT

MaestroMMT

Hello guys,

Any news about it ? We are using microphone recording but it doesn't work with everyplay.

4. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

@villeHelin You could recommend players to use to headphones to record the mic input (option a). If headphones are not attached, just record the gameplay. Not actually what you wanted but at least a bit better :)

5. MaestroMMT

MaestroMMT

@pmjo If you do like this, the player will hear himself with the delay in the headphones. We already tried this. Just a comment :

Did you consider giving access to the audio track of the recorded video ? It would solve those kind of issues and allow for much more flexibility, as we could simply post-process the track by syncing the user's guitar on it. Even allowing to replace the audio track would be enough.

Thanks anyway

6. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately there is no plans to expose the gameplay or FaceCam video/audio files at the moment.

7. Firemaw

Firemaw

I too have a game where I use the microphone to listen to the player's voice for control input, using Microphone.Start. When recording with Everyplay and FaceCam on iOS it works, but on Android, the resulting video has a white thumbnail with the text "Loading FaceCam failed!" (the FaceCam was displaying during the game, but in the rendered video popup it is white for the whole video). @pmjo @ullatussimo Do you know why this is happening?