Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. petersx

petersx

Really thanks for checkbox node !

It is possible to set shader rendering mode to "fade" ?

2. Dark_Templar

Dark_Templar

I forgot to connect normal to fresnel node, now it's working fine, and i ditched lightning info, because i use differed rendering and instead use just vector for that purpose. Thanks for pointing it out.

3. Mark_T

Mark_T

Feature request 1: straight and/or squared wiring options, along the actual spline version we have now.
    Feature request 2: the option to draw thinner. wires.
    Thanks!
    wires.gif

4. kebrus

kebrus

Set it to "Transparent" in the blend mode dropdown, in effect it will set it to fade.

5. petersx

petersx

in ASE ? I cant' fidn it. Can you explain ? maybe screenshot ?

6. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Select blend mode from list (click to right side on "Blend" Header)

Transparent.png

Flurgle likes this.
  7. petersx

petersx

thanks - but - I can't make fade - where and how connect trans map ? how to set trans map texture (alpha source from gray scale ? Alpha is transparency ? ) I'm stuck with it :(

8. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

em... if you need texture properties then celect texture from project view & select in Inspector window. In Texture Types Prop selext Normal map default or UI sprite Textures, below Alpha/Grayscale or onother properties.

Image 358.png

9. petersx

petersx

I'am talkich about something else. I would like to achieve in ASE something that:

10. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

If you need set alpha in a shader, then after select Transparent blend mode connect Alpha (float node) properties to Opacity input in Master node & set min/max 0 & 1

11. petersx

petersx

ok - first try with skin SSS and faded hairs - I know, this is not perfect - I will try to do it better
    Unity 5.6.0b8, ASE - v.0.5.0 dev 003

KRGraphics, Flurgle and hopeful like this.
  12. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

I new man in Community, may be not correct, but as i known Skin while not support, but fade effect is work over simple power - sanuration - lerp combination (may be look in water example). And other member answer you too i think :)

13. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hi guys,

We just uploaded a new build with a new Outline option configurable from our Master Node properties.

Release Notes v0.5.0 dev 004:

• New features:
      • Outline option on Master Node properties
    • Tweaks/Improvement
      • Tweaked Tessellation material update

Here's a shot from our newest example (Examples/Official/Outline) using this feature:

upload_2017-2-17_19-16-59.png

Happy shader creations!

laurentlavigne, petersx and Flurgle like this.
  14. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Works well on mac now - thanks! Is there a way to override bbox calculation so the shader displacement value extends it? It tends to cull too aggressively on heavy displacement. (might be a c# thing, not sure if culling is done cpu side these days)

It might be too early in your dev cycle but could you have the auto update icon animate when it's cranking shader? Sometimes it feels unresponsive and I wiggle the mouse.

The gestures on mac are still not right. Two finger pinch should be zoom and two finger slide should be scroll, right now two finger click slide is scroll

What does max displacement do?

World normal + mip of 10 turns reflection into diffuse - nice! But how do I sample unity's refprobes interpolattion instead of a texture?

I should be able to connect a rgba to an inverse and get an inverse of the rgba value, doesn't quite work as you can see.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 5.14.31 PM.png

and connecting one channel doesn't work either (it should? or maybe i'm mixing up with one minus :D

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 5.16.07 PM.png

PS: the examples are incredible! dat fake window and refracted shadow !! that outline, is that a duplicate expand back face ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  15. shuncoro

shuncoro

16. petersx

petersx

Hello,
    Another example UE4 demo ported to Unity with ASE. One shader for all materials. Each material has four textures: diffuse, normal map, detail normal map and mask.

In that version ASE, when start adding new node focus after right mouse is at the right panel instead at mouse position - this is only my problem or this is bug ?

Unity 5.6.0b9, ASE - v.0.5.0 dev 004

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Gray_Master, Shodan0101 and Flurgle like this.
  17. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

@petersx, this is (Un)Reality Cool. Say me please, demo scenes used you free or paid and names of this ue4 demo.

Flurgle likes this.
  18. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Is it possible to group nodes together and repeat that group multiple times in the amplify shader editor?

19. petersx

petersx

Hi,
    Last screenshots are from free UE4 Medical Deck demo converted in Unity with ASE.

Flurgle likes this.
  20. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Thanks. i be look this )

21. ScaniX

ScaniX

When I loaded an older shader (Version=4002) in the new version (Version=5004), the transparency switched from "alpha:fade" to "alpha:premult".
    Shouldn't older "savegames" be compatible with new versions now that it left beta?

Edit: The pink smilie wasn't my idea. ^-^

22. kebrus

kebrus

That inverse probably isn't what you want, that's a matrix inverse, maybe a new name is needed to clear confusion, if you turn on the debug mode (letter "P") you'll see it has green ports so it only accepts matrices and only returns matrices. If you want to invert a color you can use the "negate" node or the "one minus", the first does "-X" while the other does "1-X"

Not yet ;( for now you need to duplicate a whole selection.

They are, only the names have changed. Before, alpha premul was called transparency, and is now called alpha premul, and fade is now called transparency, while both of them are technically transparent, alpha premul is a special kind and "fade" is the traditional way of doing transparency. So if you load a older shader the names might change to you but the functionality is the same.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  23. Cascho01

Cascho01

I would buy ASE if it natively supported "UV-Mixing" (example, example2).
    Doing ArchViz I rate this feature as "MustHave"...
    Any chance?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Flurgle likes this.
  24. ScaniX

ScaniX

Unfortunately not. It changed visually and was back to the old state when I switched it to "transparent" in the shader editor again and saved it.
    PS: The values I mentioned were from the .shader file not from within the editor, so the resulting shader files really did differ.

25. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

What are using for your skin? It looks very nice

26. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@Amplify_RnD_Rick ,

If I enable shadows on my light, Translucency doesn't work. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

27. petersx

petersx

Hi,
    It's simple shader with albedo, specular, normal, and SSS map built in ASE.
    Unity 5.6.0b9, ASE - v.0.5.0 dev 004
    Below some other examples of simple skin shader:

tangchuan, maerfl, bence02 and 9 others like this.
  28. hopeful

hopeful

The textures seem to be of higher than usual quality.

29. petersx

petersx

I use 4k textures for better closeups - I think that would not be an exaggeration to 8k ;)

Amplify_Ricardo and Shodan0101 like this.
  30. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Unfortunately you'll need a c# script to achieve this.

Eheh really like the suggestion. Will add it to our roadmap.

We are planning to do a full revision on all our shortcuts, mouse behavior, etc.
    Rest assured that we will take your request into consideration.

Are your are referring on the max displacement on the Edge Length Cull Tessellation? If so, this tessellation method does patch frustum culling and that value represents the max distance outside of frustum which is still considered to be inside.

For now unfortunately is still not possible to directly access to this. But you'll have it once we implement custom lighting.

Yes, we add an pass initial pass where we offset the mesh vertices according to its normals and render it with cull front.

You can already mix different textures with different tiling using our Texture Sample nodes with ASE. However we do not natively support unity terrains but we have it already registered it on our roadmap.

Is it possible for you to send your original shader so we can see what might be happening and fix this issue?

What light sources types are you using? Due to some internal limitations our Translucency technique only works with shadows on directional lights.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  31. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is nice... I am still trying to build my skin shader but with mixed results :(. You have beautiful texture work, but the skin is a little crunchy. Once we can get diffuse bump blur figured out, it will be a hit. I've also been using Alloy a long time and the shader quality on that one is top notch... I wanted to also recreate the skin shader from Uncharted 4

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  32. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is a shot of my current skin shader... it looks NOTHING like skin, trying to figure out how to set that up. Screenshot 2017-02-21 11.06.22.png

And here is the Alloy version of my texture... has anyone figured out a way to get diffuse bump blur working with this... I think the setup I have is not what I am looking for... also, without a custom specularity input, it will always look like plastic.

Screenshot 2017-02-21 11.08.20.png

I've been playing games like Paragon and Gears of War 4 and the skin looks marvellous... I might try and take on creating hair next.

33. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm confused about this toggle switch node... How do I actually set it up to ensure it works...? I am trying to set it up where when I set it to toggle, it will disable the property all together...

Thanks

Attached Files:

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Using your specific example, you should see the default Emission value when the Toggle Switch is set to 1 and the multiplication result when it's set to 0. The node itself only lerps between the two available ports but, with a few adjustments, you can "disable" the Emission.

If you are altering the actual Emission RGB at runtime or per-asset, I recommend connecting a Float node set to zero directly into the In port 1. This adjustment would ensure that the Emission value would be set to zero when the Toggle Switch is set to 1.

Be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions, I would be happy to elaborate.

35. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'll try this... I was under the impression that this would disable the input completely, saving some data. Also I am trying to get the Skin and Eye shaders working... especially the eyes.

EDIT: YAY! It works... I just put a float parameter in there :)

36. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys, been working on a new eye shader that simply replicates the one Alloy has. This one is called KRG Eyes. In this material, I have separate iris and sclera colours to give a nice look to the character whenever I need it. I will be adding an option for cataracts and emission for glowing to the eyes as a switch... right now, the cataracts is just a switched textures.

Not added:

Emissive HDR Controls
    Subsurface Scattering

Next up will be shaders for teeth and tongue, as well as a shader for skin which will handle the epidermal and subdermal layers. That will be dubbed KRG Skin Advanced. Enjoy.
    Screenshot 2017-02-21 16.36.31.png Screenshot 2017-02-21 16.33.39.png Screenshot 2017-02-21 16.32.30.png Screenshot 2017-02-21 16.30.00.png Screenshot 2017-02-21 16.29.50.png

SpyChar and hopeful like this.
  37. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Is there a way to get Translucency and RimLight working together?

Attached Files:

38. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is a shader update with the cataracts working... :) It looks creepy...

Screenshot 2017-02-21 19.12.01.png

kebrus and Flurgle like this.
  39. Flurgle

Flurgle

@KRGraphics its hard to tell how different your skin shaders is compared to the others. If you all used the same model it would be easier. I like what you have though.

KRGraphics likes this.
  40. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

The skin shader is Alloy... haven't changed anything but the eyes.

41. kebrus

kebrus

I just did a quick test and added translucency to the rim light example and it worked without any issues, did you do something else extra?
    rim with sss.PNG

42. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I just looked at the two examples and tried to combine them. It might be a bit difficult to see in my screen shots, but I tried to include that. Would you mind sharing an example of how you set it up so I can see all the nodes?

UPDATE -
    Nevermind, I got it to work. Thanks though.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  43. yc960

yc960

I need some how writing Unity UI compatible shaders, namely the ability to be masked. Is there a node for that? Consider me a total beginner.

44. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

If i understood you correctly, then with ASE may make mased shaders as select masked blend mode may be look in this post, but UI materials need two-pass shaders (coming soon). While existing shaders showing in edit mode, but not visible n game mode (black screen). Then be letter (or i not correct, then members say me about my error too).

PS. If use additional camera for Canvas, UI material is showing

45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Just to add to what @Gray_Master said, UI Shaders are not officially supported. Do stay tuned, we have quite a few features in development.

Thanks!

ScaniX and zyzyx like this.
  46. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We just uploaded a new build into our download page.

Here are the release notes:
    Release Notes: v0.5.0 dev 005:
    • New features:
      • Applied overall UI changes from Master Node into all other nodes
      • Added Node Previews ( yes we finally have Node Previews )
      • Added new Frame Title parameter on 'Commentary' nodes
        • Auto focus on new Frame Title text field when node is created
      • Added new Soap Bubble sample using both Reflection and Refraction
    • Fixed issues on:
      • 'Custom Expression' node
      • Repaint issues with ASE custom material editor
      • 'Scale' node
      • 'Panner' node
      • 'View Dir' node
      • 'Substance Sample' node
      • Texture defaults not being correctly written on shader meta
      • Reading alpha:fade option from older versions
    • Tweaks/Improvements:
      • Tweaked 'Component Mask' node
      • Tweaked 'Pi' node
      • Improved 'Substance Sample' node previewer
      • Refraction to now have Specularity into account
      • Removed warnings on importing ASE to Unity v5.6.0

Please note that node previews are still a work in progress. Huge node trees take a while to fully render and some types of nodes are still missing their preview.

We will greatly improve both speed and performance and add the missing previews in the upcoming releases, but we felt they were good enough for the majority of users.

Here's a shot of our Node Previews in action:

@ScaniX: The issue you reported is already solved in this build. Thank you so much for sharing your shader with us, it was key for figuring out what was happening.

Please let us know if you have any issues with this latest build and as always happy shader creations!

ScaniX, Gray_Master, petersx and 7 others like this.
  47. grogshotgames

grogshotgames

Great update!
    I was waiting for the Node Preview update like there was no tomorrow!

48. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

Hi ! is there any node that returns the color of the pixel that is right behind the mesh's pixel? to make some sort of perfect transparency thing? similar to the "scene color" node of other shader editor tools? thanks!

edit-----------------

if not, can you make your own nodes? but with nodes? like the unreal system to create functions, with nodes hahaha?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  49. kkqqpp

kkqqpp

I am wondering how to make a shader become GPU Instancing.
    I know there is a sample from the package, but I can't see any special things in the shader editor.

In other words, how to turn on GPU instancing in the shader editor.

Thank you

50. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

Another question, does this tool handle multi-pass? if so, how or where to check for it?