Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Store + BlackBerry Support?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by MrEsquire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hey,

Has anyone managed to get there game published on the Amazon store then tested on any BlackBerry devices. Of course as we do not have BlackBerry support anymore and using Unity 5.3 now, would be nice still release a game and advertise to the BlackBerry community for older devices. I know there be limitation of InApps and Adverts but I plan to make it a paid game without these features.

Or everyone has given up and does not bother any more?

Cheers.

2. mr_zog

mr_zog

Last time we tested some apps (not our own but downloaded ones from the official store -- about a year ago or so) performance was just way beyond bad.
    Currently and sadly, we are still bound to 4.x, which now also got dropped.

As soon as you have any results, I'd be really interested to hear about them!
    We don't have any numbers of potential downloads, but I can imagine, that most people look in Appworld first, before looking in the Amazon store.

I guess we might drop support for our Blackberry games some time this year, but currently, downloads are still to good (which isn't a complaint ;) ).

3. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I'm actually using the last 5.1 to build to BlackBerry for a release in a few weeks, the game was built in 5.3, I just branched in git and re-opened in 5.1, there are certain issues, but depending on your project they can be minimal, mainly lightmapping is just broke in 5.1 if you have lots of seems, but for mine, no lightmapping so thats not an issue. Although my other bigger project has lightmapping, and that actually works fine, so it's a little hit and miss.