Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent slowing on navmesh vertices after update

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by lubwn, Mar 22, 2017.

1. lubwn

lubwn

Excited about new features in Beta, updated Unity. Now an Agent in my project seem to behave differently then on previous version. Did absolutely nothing, just updated Unity to newest Beta.

Previous behavior:

After update behavior:

Am I just missing something? I can not see any special options, which can affect this. Now an agent seem to be slowing as early as he can to get zero velocity on navmesh vector, on which he is going to turn around. Also "steering" option in "Nav Mesh Agent" component seem to be missing in newer version. As I remember it was there before.

Actually I updated Unity because of NavMesh Surface option (which is also not there yet), because I needed to make moving platforms within my project. Would it be possible for me to just downgrade my Unity and use github components already made there?

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents

Thanks for any advice

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

Looks strange. Do you happen to also have an obstacle on the "After update" box (hard to tell w/o any debug gfx) ?

. NavMeshSurface lives on github for now - at least for 5.6, it's not optimal – but the only way currently for us to make the source available.

. Don't try to use it for moving platforms (please read FAQ : https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents#faq )

. The new NavMeshComponents (including the NavMeshSurface) rely on new API introduced with 5.6 - it will not work with prior versions of Unity

3. lubwn

lubwn

Yes the box has Nav Mesh Obstacle. I also tried to re-bake navmeshes, but it did not help.

Current setup:

It looks like an agent is slowing down on two vectors on navmesh around an obstacle.

I actually downgraded unity to 5.5.0f3 and it works again nicely.

For moving platforms, actually It looks like I will have to implement completelly different method, since build-in navigation does not support this yet and it is crucial for my game. But yet I was suprised as a begginer in coding and things how easy it was to set up navigation like this.