Search Unity

Advanced Unity Analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by john-essy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. john-essy

john-essy

Hi,

We currently have a game that has over 440K downloads with over 15K downloads a day. Right now we are trying to drill down into IAPs and the best model.

There are a couple things i want to ask.

1. In the segment builder you see things like minnows, dolphins etc. Is there any way to get this information in the app? So for instance i see i have a minnow playing, i do not want to show them ads, or i want to show them very little, or a certain promotion? Is this possible?
    2. In the funnel analyser i see my Levels Complete field, Now i used the dictionary approach so that i could categorise my levels, I thought in the funnel analyser i could drill down something like "Levels Complete as the event name" then i could do something like "Level " + levelNumber so that in my category i would have Levels Complete -> Level 1. This way i can see the play through and drop off rate? How could i do this as right now it only tells me Levels Complete and then in the field area Levels Complete when it should be the level number?
    3. I have a promotion system i setup with unity remote (Thank you so much for making that btw the potential is insane!) But i want to measure the impact i had in near real time so i know if my promotion is working or not or whether to let it keep running. Is this possible without having to wait for the funnel to be created? Or would i just keep an eye on the real time events?
    4. The same as number 2 i have a shop in the game, and i want to know what is the most used item in that category of item, When i pass in something like "Purchased Ball " as the event name then i pass in the buttons icon name (Which is the name of the item they select) i do something like {btn.icon,name, 1} I thought this would pass in the name of the item selected so i can see if in the funnels, For some reason all i see in my funnels is Purchased Ball as event name and purchased ball as field name. There is no data i can use here?
    Thank you.

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

@john-essy

1. We are currently working on "Segmented Remote Settings" which will allow you to set your remote setting differently for different segments of players such as minnows. While this is not available it may require some work to customize the game to suit different players.

2. I would suggest opening up a support ticket and sending us your UPID. We can take a better look at your funnel. The funnel will only complete if all events are triggered in order. You can then see how many people started the game and compare it with the number of people that completed the funnel. It won't show you when the drop off occurs. Send us a support ticket and we can look into your setup and find a solution for you.

3. Can you please tell me more about your Promotion System? Not sure I can advise without knowing what this is.

4. If you are looking to see the product purchased the most for your game then I would not recommend using a funnel. I would suggest sending an event each time a product is purchased with the name of the product, you can then use the data explorer to see what product has had the most successful purchases.

I hope this helped.

3. john-essy

john-essy

Cheers ben fella! Any ETA on segmented control?