Search Unity

Ads Close Button Raycast?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ZaimZazali, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ZaimZazali

ZaimZazali

Hey guys,

I would like to know if it is possible for me to 'hit' the close button?
    Then simulate 'click' by using IPointerClickHandler?

Since my game is using a bluetooth gamepad. So i just want the player be able to close the ads by simply press button. Thus, simulate 'touching' the close button.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

No, since ads are being shown in separate view, you cannot control it from Unity. And the Unity game is paused while ad or endscreen is being shown.

But it should be possible to exit end screen, even if using a controller. Please provide some information about hardware setup.

/Rasmus

3. ZaimZazali

ZaimZazali

It's true that I can exit the ad by pressing the 'B' button (same as Xbox 360 controller).
    But what if i want to change the function to other button?

Is it possible to suggest unity team to develop a Advertisement.close() function in the future?

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Keep in mind that purpose of an advertising network is for user acquisition for advertisers (who pays money into the network, which is then distributed to publishers), why there actually need to be user interaction where real humans are watching ads. If all ads were simply skipped automatically, advertisers wouldn't get new users to play their games, they would leave the network and publishers then wouldn't get any money :)

So, no plans for implementing a .close() method.

/Rasmus

5. ZaimZazali

ZaimZazali

aaa.. yeah true.. alright thanks for the reply. :)