Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Additive Animation bug

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by CodeBison, Jun 28, 2017.

1. CodeBison

CodeBison

I've got a weird issue with additive animations in Mecanim. When not using a mask, applying an additive animation offsets the character. If I apply a mask that excludes the root bone, everything looks normal.
    This is in effect in 2017.1b10 and 2017.1f1 - not sure if it existed previously.

I've created a simple repro project I can provide, though you can duplicate this issue very simply as follows:
    • Start a new project
    • Import Characters
    • Add a plane at 0,0,0
    • Add the prefab Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Prefabs/ThirdPersonController at 0,0,0
    • Create a second layer in the character's animator
    • Set the new layer to Additive with a weight of 1
    • Add the HumanoidIdle animation as the default animation on the new layer
    • Press Play
    You'll get something that looks like this (Note that the character is rotated left and partway through the floor):
    upload_2017-6-27_19-2-36.png

In Unity 5.6, you get this instead (the expected result):
    upload_2017-6-27_19-3-22.png

Please let me know if you need any additional details, or have any suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If getting a fix for this issue is important to you, I recommend to submit a bug-report, following the advice in this document. Using the bug-reporter seems to be an important step, because that makes sure the report is in their bug-tracking pipeline and has to be processed at some point.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a Case number. Unity often asks us to post the Case number in the forum thread, which allows them to find that bug-report if they look at your post.

3. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Indeed.
    Please file a bug report with your project, we'll look at it soon. If the behaviour changed, then it's definitely a bug.
    If you have the project all done, reporting the bug should take about a minute.

You can also paste the bug number here so I can pick it up as soon as possible.

4. pierrepaul

pierrepaul

Unity Technologies

Hi.

We had this bug in previous beta. ( dont have the exact numbers) but I just tried with 2017.1f1 and the issue seems to be fixed.

Thanks.

5. CodeBison

CodeBison

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I'm definitely still seeing this in 2017.1f1. I've filed this with a repro project. It's bug 925379.

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. CodeBison

CodeBison

7. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

The fix for that issue tracker listed, is definitively in the upcoming f3. (definitely not before).

8. CodeBison

CodeBison

Oh cool. Thanks for the clarification.