Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Additional info from NavMeshPath

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by Orimay, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Orimay

Orimay

Hello everyone!

Is there a way to get some additional info from NavMeshPath class? Like movement cost (we have remaining distance, that, as far, as I know, does not work with NavMeshLink). Also, why is there a warning for cost lower, than 1? Like I have portals, that should have zero cost for immediate teleportation. Wierd. Is there a way to detect if NavMeshPath corner is on NavMeshLink? I need to calculate the path regarding NavMeshLinks (since it's about teleportation).

It shouldn't be hard to make those public, so I hope, this will happen soon.

2. Mycroft

Mycroft

I would second a request for this.

In my turn-based project I often want to know the TotalCost of a Path, at what point along a Path is a specific Cost, etc

Also, I would like to be able to find the points on the Path where it crosses to a new Area (and which Area it is)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. Orimay

Orimay

Here is where You can vote: https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/more-access-to-navmeshpath

Mycroft likes this.
  4. Orimay

Orimay

Still an actual issue