Search Unity

Adding head tracking for android to Split Stereo Display (non head mounted)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by simsmode, Jun 23, 2017.

1. simsmode

simsmode

Greetz!

I am devving a pitch for an android device.

Is there a way to add head tracking to a VR enabled project that has the Split Stereo Display ( non head mounted) SDK loaded in the player settings WITHOUT using GvrMain?

I am doing a project that has scenes in both AR and VR and am having issues with Vuforia and GvrMain when it builds to my device ( specifically rendering: it renders my geo far away from my Image Target---i've also tried troubleshooting this. ) . Split Stereo works fine, but then I have no head motion when my VR scene loads, so it seems a solution would be to implement head tracking with the Split Stereo Display.

I'm using up to date SDKs from Vuforia, Google and Unity.

OR is there a way to have a scene ignore the Google Cardboard SDK when it loads, while still having other scenes utilize it?

First time dev here, I've looked for an answer, can't find it. Hopefully you can help + apologies if this is a big ask!

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

You can try loading the None VR device on scene load to turn VR off, though you'll have to manually check VRSettings.loadedDebiceName on other scenes to check if you need to re-enable VR and then do the LoadDeviceByName, wait a frame, enable VR dance if so. That is the recommended way of moving in and out of VR in Unity.