Search Unity

About NetworkError.NoResources

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Natrem, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Natrem

Natrem

Hello !

I am using Unity's LLAPI NetworkTransport class in a client-server pattern. However sometimes I get the error NetworkError.NoResources when using NetworkTransport.Send().

I'd like to report a typo in the documentation, in the description of NetworkError.NoResources: No internal resources ro acomplish request.
    I also would appreciate the addition in the documentation of the potential causes of such an error (or a more specific error at runtime). I guess it's some parameters in ConnectionConfig but which ones?

Thanks in advance.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I'll pass this on to the docs team.

3. Natrem

Natrem

I can see that the description of NetworkError.NoResources was updated to:
    But you didn't add any information. Can I please have an official list of the potential causes? The only things that appear with a "NetworkError.NoResources" Google search are this post, that post and the documentation.

I didn't get this error with 20 simultaneous connected clients for more than 2 hours, and I did get this error after 4 minutes of one single connected client. They were all doing exactly the same thing. I think (can't reproduce it so I can't be sure) that once it starts to display this NetworkError.NoResources for a client, it won't work anymore until that client is disconnected.

4. MechEthan

MechEthan

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. darthtelle

darthtelle

I'm getting the same error when a client tries to join a full lobby (connection count is defined in NetworkServer.Configure). But I can't find any documentation/posts about handling this situation. It's handling fine, as in the client disconnects smoothly after they receive a disconnect message (I'd rather they received a "lobby full" message) but I can't seem to control this. I'm not even sure how this error relates to this situation!