Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

About NetworkError.NoResources

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Natrem, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Natrem

Natrem

Hello !

I am using Unity's LLAPI NetworkTransport class in a client-server pattern. However sometimes I get the error NetworkError.NoResources when using NetworkTransport.Send().

I'd like to report a typo in the documentation, in the description of NetworkError.NoResources: No internal resources ro acomplish request.
    I also would appreciate the addition in the documentation of the potential causes of such an error (or a more specific error at runtime). I guess it's some parameters in ConnectionConfig but which ones?

Thanks in advance.

Ethan_VisualVocal likes this.
  2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Unity Technologies

I'll pass this on to the docs team.

3. Natrem

Natrem

I can see that the description of NetworkError.NoResources was updated to:
    But you didn't add any information. Can I please have an official list of the potential causes? The only things that appear with a "NetworkError.NoResources" Google search are this post, that post and the documentation.

I didn't get this error with 20 simultaneous connected clients for more than 2 hours, and I did get this error after 4 minutes of one single connected client. They were all doing exactly the same thing. I think (can't reproduce it so I can't be sure) that once it starts to display this NetworkError.NoResources for a client, it won't work anymore until that client is disconnected.

4. Ethan_VisualVocal

Ethan_VisualVocal

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. darthtelle

darthtelle

I'm getting the same error when a client tries to join a full lobby (connection count is defined in NetworkServer.Configure). But I can't find any documentation/posts about handling this situation. It's handling fine, as in the client disconnects smoothly after they receive a disconnect message (I'd rather they received a "lobby full" message) but I can't seem to control this. I'm not even sure how this error relates to this situation!