Search Unity

About Game Design forum - Read before posting!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Aurore, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

About 'Game Design' - Read before posting!

Want to design better games? Then you've come to the right place! Here, we discuss the theory, the practice, and the business of designing better games. Find a great discussion on the internet? Link it. Want to share a theory? Go for it. As long as it's related to designing better games, we'd love to see it.

What to Discuss!

Many things impact the design of games. Things like:
    • Theory - flow, choice, simplicity, color schemes, interface design
    • Practice - juice, mechanics, balance, difficulty, keyboard vs mouse vs touch
    • Business - virility, monetization, and minimally viable products

On Discussing Your Own Games

Working on a new game and want some feedback? Fantastic! We've create a weekly Feedback Friday thread just for that purpose. Every Friday, we'll start a new one. Of course, you can also share your work in Showcase or Works in Progress.

!!! WARNING !!!! -
    - If you're starting a new thread, make sure it's not spam in disguise. Posts like "I Need Help With The Design Of My New Game! Bubbles-And-The-Banana-Hat!" will be deleted, locked, or moved. The moderators are developers too, and would rather spend their time building games, than managing spam.

Additionally, this forum is not for "How do I make this in Unity" or "Can this be done in Unity" Threads.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.