Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A New, Updated Data Explorer!!!

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by marc_tanenbaum, Apr 2, 2016.

1. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Data Explorer gives you the ability to look at your data from both a general and granular perspective through customizable visual displays. We've taken onboard a ton of your requests and feedback and are proud to introduce you to the new and improved Explorer!

You can now view and compare multiple custom events and parameters to unlock deeper insight into your games, download data directly as CSVs, and save your dashboards at a much finer-grained level.

Specific updates include:

Side-by-side comparison of custom events, segments, and parameters
    Previously, you could only look at one custom event on your dashboard at a time. Now, we’ve updated the dashboard so that you can list multiple custom events (and event parameters) for easier visual comparison, giving you a quick way to identify relationships between different events.

You can use the legend at the bottom of the graph to quickly toggle on and off metrics, custom events, and parameter category data points.

You can hover your mouse along each graph to see specific data points (this isn't new, but we still think it's cool).

Pie chart
    The pie chart symbol on the left activates when you're looking at string or boolean parameters. This is great for viewing a percentage breakdown of data points for those parameters. The pie chart represents aggregated percentages over the selected time span.

Table
    By clicking on the table icon, you will see all your data points together in (surprise!) tabular form.

CSV (Comma Separated Values)
    You can download all the data in your graph as a report that you can load into a spreadsheet. Previously, you could only download metrics for one parameter at a time; now, you download exactly the data you see in the chart, as many line items as you need!

Saving Data Explorer reports
    Previously, you could only save metrics and individual custom events; now, you can customize your Explorer by saving whatever you see.

We're excited about these updates and hope you will be too. Feel free to give us feedback and let us know what else will help make Analytics a great tool for you and your games!

erika_d, angeloferro and mpinol like this.
  2. kjuanlu

kjuanlu

Hello

Great news! But I read about raw export feature, andI don't know if it's a WIP feature or it's currently available, can you tell me how to download the raw data? Thank you!

https://unity3d.com/es/services/analytics
    Regards

3. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hey @kjuanlu!

Raw data export will be available soon, though we haven't released an exact date yet. Please sign up and you'll get a notification as soon as it's announced!

4. MochiBits

MochiBits

Awesome! Looking forward to that raw data! :)

erika_d likes this.
  5. kiwimatt001

kiwimatt001

Hey Marc, I cannot emphasise just how valuable a raw data export would be for me to see what's going on with users of my game.
    I am currently having to investigate using other analytical tooling to suit my needs, which I would rather not do. Is this feature scheduled?

6. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi @kiwimatt001 ,

Definitely close...but still not quite ready (I know I keep saying this and I'm sure you're tired of hearing it). We hear the urgency — and this thread is only the tip of this particular iceberg — and I promise we're not dragging our heels. We simply need to make sure that the feature we deliver works the way you need it to.