Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fray

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by BrainCandy, Jul 6, 2011.

1. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Hello everyone, we would like to present to you the game we have been working on for over a year now, Fray. When we started Brain Candy, we wanted to create games that were original and reflected our creativity, so we set out to make a strategy game that played differently. We came up with this idea while reminiscing about XCom and past TBS games, and thinking of how we could update this style to today's standards. Over a year later, here we are :)

We have just opened Fray to pre-orders, allowing players to join in the alpha testing of our game.

Releasing an Alpha is an exciting time (albeit a bit scary), we are at a crossroad of shared visions, putting our baby into other people's hands, so that players can help us shape it into the product THEY want!

We would really like to get as much feedback as possible on every aspect of the game, to make it the best multiplayer turn based strategy experience, and that will only be possible with a solid community. So we really hope that some of you will join us in our test sessions, use the free CD Key to play with a friend and hang out on our forums or our chatroom!

Cinematic Trailer:

All footage was rendered in Unity 3D with the game models and environment.

You can purchase your pre-order Fray here for the price of 19.99$/17.99€/14.99£.
    http://www.fray-game.com/other/pre-order/ or join the beta HERE

System Requirements:
    Dual Core
    3Gb+ Ram
    8800GT or higher

FRAY is a unique and fast paced multiplayer simultaneous turn-based strategy game for PC and Mac.

You must plan your orders swiftly and watch the action unfold as all the players' squads execute their turns simultaneously.

Choose your characters among 6 different classes and arm them with a vast arsenal of weapons and items.

Before each combat, you can pledge your allegiance to one of the 3 dominating global corporations, and gain access to faction specific bonuses and enhancements.

In 2098, our world is dying.

After decades of crisis, mega-corporations have emerged, taking control of governments and worldwide economy. Global warming gives way to a dramatic cooling of the planet, upsetting the geopolitical map and the face of the world. Humanity joins hands with the corporations to face this common challenge, menacing their very survival.

They failed, condemning the world in the process.

Now, a desperate humanity looks for refuge in simulated worlds as a means of entertainment, to escape the harsh reality, and seek out a promised salvation. One of the most popular cyber-environments is Fray, a combat module where players can fight each other for fortune and glory, seeking benefits from the corporations they endorse.

Please note that these screenshots are a work in progress and don't include all the elements present in the final version ((Lightmapping, illuminated windows, props, new glow etc) and the interface shown is still a work in progress, but it will give you an idea of what we are aiming for.

Here are the current shaders and graphical enhancements we have created or changed for Fray:

Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
    Screen Space Global Illumination
    Relief Mapping
    Volumetric Fog
    Custom Depth of Field
    Color Grading
    Chromatic Aberration

If you have enjoyed what we are showing, and would like to stay updated, please follow us!

Company Website: http://www.braincandy.fr
    Game website: http://fray-game.com

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. janpec

janpec

Very nice!

3. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Whoaaa!!!

4. c-Row

c-Row

Shame this doesn't include a singleplayer mode since it looks TOTALLY AWESOME. :(

5. LucasDaltro

LucasDaltro

OMG!Awesome textures,awesome models,awesome shaders...Awesom:D
    It's good to see unity games like this

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Exciting is the word.

7. zine92

zine92

OMG. First look, AAA game. And i love the models. More screenies? Checked out the website and cool website too. Good job. :D Oh and when is the game coming out?

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

Did I mention this looks awesome? Because it does.

9. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Thanks for the kind words! We currently don't have a precise releaser date for Fray, but we are aiming for beta in Spetember/October. We will let you know as soon as we do :D

10. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Hello Boys and Girls,

Just a quick update to let you know that we are still alive and well, working hard on Fray as we approach the launch of our Alpha. Here are a few screenshots to show how the game is looking, it still isn't finished but it is shaping up nicely. We are currently finishing up the final meshes, playing around with animations, weapon trailshots and putting all the props in the scene. It takes time to polish, but hopefully you'll all be pleased with the final result!

In other news we are working on a trailer that will show the environment and long overdue gameplay, it should be ready in a few weeks so stay tuned ;)

Alpha is set for launch mid October, alongside our brand new website and forums!

Enjoy!

11. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

SUPERB!

I love the style! It all looks very awesome, also the website.
    You got me curious for sure!

12. ivanzu

ivanzu

Im not big fan of turn based game but this looks so good that i just dont care that its turn based.

13. Pixelstudio_nl

Pixelstudio_nl

This looks Very nice indeed! any ingame footage available (video) ?

14. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Thanks for all the kind words! We'll have game footage available in the upcoming weeks, I'll updtate the post once it is online.

15. NomadKing

NomadKing

Love the screenshots so far, looks very impressive :)

16. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Updated for Alpha release.

17. Earthquake

Earthquake

18. nomnomnomplant

nomnomnomplant

Awesome! I like the modern/tron feel :D

19. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

Thanks! Updating the game everyweek with new builds, so the game is changing all the time! I might start a devvideo thingy each week to showcase changes.

20. Meltdown

Meltdown

It's looking great. Well done and good luck with the rest of your project.

21. BrainCandy

BrainCandy

22. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Damn, this looks really good!

23. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

One word: AWESOME. three points to prove this:
    • The game looks more like a Wii U or PS4 title than anything else! (reason why i mentioned WiiU? take one look at Mario kart 8 and see for yourself!)
    • The bird in the plaza reminds me of Pokemon, And that's because the bird looks a bit similar to Yvetal... (is that how to spell it, pokemon fans?)
    • The plot reminds me of the Matrix, only in reverse: the humans actually want the virtual world, rather than get freed from it!
    That is why this game deserves more attention than it is getting: this has potential, so keep it up!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014