Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

(70% off ) Modular Sci-fi pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by naads, Aug 14, 2017.

1. naads

naads

Hi,
    Here's some info on my latest Sci-fi pack available on the Unity asset store which has 70% off at the moment.

Textures are using substance for generation max size 2048x2048 and include Albedo, normal, metallic, emission, occlusion and height.
    Exposed parameters for colour, damage/wear, dirt and roughness means you can tweak each material to your liking and create endless versions. More details in included documentation.
    Demo scene from the video is also included in the pack.

Hopefully i will be developing another pack that will add on to this one.
    adam-sharp-scfi-still-08.jpg adam-sharp-scfi-still-01.jpg adam-sharp-scfi-still-03.jpg

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/82705

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. CWolf

CWolf

This looks great. The link to your asset doesn't work though. When I found it on the Asset Store it doesn't say it's 70% off.

3. naads

naads

Hey thanks. That's weird the link is working here. It won't say 70% off as i have dropped the price by 70% and i don't believe publishers are allowed to add that info to the images? I could be wrong.

4. CWolf

CWolf

5. naads

naads

Thanks for the heads up, i've changed it to that link now.

CWolf likes this.
  6. plmx

plmx

This looks interesting. Some questions:

Have you tried your scene in VR (Vive/Rift)? This question aims at aliasing in forward/msaa mode. In particular, I am interested in the the amount of normal/height mapping that is in use, as well as any potential aliasing as a result of the smoothness setting (i.e.: what are the smoothness values 0...1 of the materials?).

Regarding the lights in the scene (color strips etc.) - are these plain emissive materials or did you add lights to them? In any case, where is the scene illumination coming from?

Is the video rendered in forward/msaa mode? Any image effects?

How many ms/frame does the scene in the video take to render on standard hardware (I'm always using the base VR hw for comparison; Intel Core i5-4590 / NVIDIA GTX 970).

Thanks.

7. naads

naads

HI, Thanks for your interest.

Have you tried your scene in VR (Vive/Rift)? This question aims at aliasing in forward/msaa mode. In particular, I am interested in the the amount of normal/height mapping that is in use, as well as any potential aliasing as a result of the smoothness setting (i.e.: what are the smoothness values 0...1 of the materials?).

I haven't tried the scene in VR as i don't have the kit for that. The antialiasing in the demo scene was added as an image effect as it uses HDR, but i believe the latest version of unity has addressed that problem and you can now have msaa with HDR without adding antialiasing as an image effect. There is quite a bit of normal/height use on the textures, height is around 0.08 and obviously can be turned off. The smoothness for most materials is 0.9.

Regarding the lights in the scene (color strips etc.) - are these plain emissive materials or did you add lights to them? In any case, where is the scene illumination coming from?

The strips are plain emissive materials, which add bounced light into the baked maps. The scene is lightmapped and uses mixed lighting. There are 47 point lights in all.

Is the video rendered in forward/msaa mode? Any image effects?

The video was renderd in forward with image effect based antialiasing. It also uses image effects: Bloom, DOF, Noise/grain, lens aberration, camera motion blur and tonemapping. Most of these are using the " Cinematic Image effect" pack.

How many ms/frame does the scene in the video take to render on standard hardware (I'm always using the base VR hw for comparison; Intel Core i5-4590 / NVIDIA GTX 970).

On my Intel Core i7-4790k / NVIDIA Quadro K4200 its 71fps 15 ms

Hopefully these answers will cover the questions. Let me know if you have any more.
    Thanks

plmx likes this.