Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SALE 25% OFF] 2D Character Creator - Easy 2D character creation!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by xamur, Feb 20, 2016.

1. xamur

xamur

Asset Store | Video | Support E-mail
    Currently, 2D Character Creator is 25% cheaper than normal!

Introduction

Hello everyone and a big "Thanks!" to everyone who is interested in this new plugin for the Unity Asset Store! But before we get further into this I would like to introduce myself. If you're not interested in my person you can scroll down and just read what this plugin does exactly.

________________________________________________________________________________________

What is 2D Character Creator?

Like the name of this asset already says the 2D Character Creator is a fully functional and editable Character Creator to create hundreds of unique 2D characters for your game.

This package contains a full pre-built character customization UI with (already set up and) different sprites for each body part or clothes (etc.) so anyone can easily set up a good-looking 2D character for any type of game.

With the 2D Character Creator you can make any person you like. But if you don't want to use the included sprites for your characters it's not a big deal to implement your own! Just name your own sprites correctly and select them in the Sprite Editor of Unity and that's it!

Because of the fact that there weren't any 2D Creator for In-Game Characters yet, this package was released. Maybe you have additional ideas or want to add more than just the already included things to your scene, so you can still edit the commented code to implement custom features and adapt it to your game. The most important things in code are explained by text.

But if you like everything how it is you just need to add the scene to the Unity build settings menu of your project and play.

There isn't an easier or more comfortable way to create your own 2D characters for your game.

Features:
    • Working and easy to handle 2D Character Creator,
    • Already included 2D sprites to create unique characters,
    • Select different things (e. g. 'Left Arm') and choose which one you want,
    • Explained code for important things (for editing code),
    • Additional "Documentation" (*.pdf).
    Maybe you have some ideas for new features!

If you want to know how you can add your own sprites to it and use them, watch this Video!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, I hope you're interested now in what I wanted to show you and hopefully like it. Of course, if you have any ideas or just want to tell me what I could do better, talk to me!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. xamur

xamur

SMALL UPDATE #1

I'm currently working on a feature to save created characters as a prefab or something like that. I figured out how to do it without any code, but it seems that this method doesn't work every time and is also not really user friendly, because I want something where you just have to click on a button or something else.

If someone have an idea how to manage this in a good way please contact me!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. xamur

xamur

SMALL UPDATE #2.2

I think that I may found a good solution for the "problem" I have!
    Just to be sure that it works exactly how I want, I will not include it into a new version of 2D Character Creator and test it again in some example scenes which will be created by myself in the next weeks.
    Hopefully, if everything is easy to handle, I can include it in a new update.

EDIT: Doesn't work like it should... Maybe after some new tests and improvements.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. xamur

xamur

SMALL UPDATE #3.5

In addition to the mentioned problem in my last post I made some new sprites for the 2D Character Creator.
    I will add them soon, so additional 2D characters can be created. I am also planning to a
    dd some sprites which are for 2D Platformer games, what means that the sprites look like these:

NOTE: These sprite sheets weren't made by myself, it's just an example!

5. goutham12

goutham12

hi sir,
    Am working on small 2d top down game. where the player animation is sprite sheet animation. the problem is i have different skin colors and different hats and different hairstyles are there. player can choose any of his choice.
    with his choice making character is easy but how can i play sprite animation related to it. my question is can your asset solve my problem. if yes sure i'll purchase your product.
    please do replay as soon as possible since i need it in emergency.