1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

5.6 released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

I love Unity, but please...

fix all those bugs before implementing cool new features. This is how the Console looks, just because the play mode tint has been changed. This is ridiculous, several patches / nearly 6 weeks time and such a thing didn't get fixed already?

Attached Files:

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. AnneSchmidt

AnneSchmidt

Maybe you are the only one who has this kind of problem? I changed the tint too and I'm not getting any message related to it.

3. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

I am on MAC and I know at least one person (AFAIK uses windows) that tested just that and reported back that the same error occurs.

Here is another bug:

The selection handle is not centered anymore when zooming out (it moves away from the objects center when zooming out)

Attached Files:

4. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

5. S_Winx

S_Winx

Updated yesterday 5.6.0 to 5.6.1.. Now constantly pops up offer upgrade 5.6.1 to 5.6.1 :(
    Can somehow fix this without disabling the check for updates?

red2blue likes this.
  6. SamxFisher

SamxFisher

I have a problem with editor ui, the assets icons looks like this now, with a sphere behind, I cant see what asset is visually, and to the right, the preview (even the animation preview window), have a graphic problem too, when I rotate, it gets "printed" on the background, as is there was no skybox, but this is the model preview window.

[​IMG]

7. Ericks89

Ericks89

Where did vulkan go for Windows? Only DX11 or 9 is available.

8. Deozaan

Deozaan

Perhaps the "Skip this version" button will do what you want?

9. Deozaan

Deozaan

I read in a recent blog that this is fixed in 5.6.1p1. Or at least the preview window part of it.

10. SamxFisher

SamxFisher

Ok thanks Deozaan, I was afraid it only happened to me by a bad installation.

11. Goofy420

Goofy420

Still no proper support for Blendshapes? Unreal has had this for nearly three years, yet Unity is still living in the past. Without proper Blendshapes of a minimum value, maximum value, and default value, it's pretty much useless. Limiting values of 0-1 is just sloppy programming, especially for a game engine.

12. andymason

andymason

Just updated to 5.6.1. and now a game that was working fine before is playing back with a really odd ripple effect going from the bottom to the top of the screen, almost looks like a jittery old CRT monitor or something. Anyone experiencing this or have any bright ideas about what might be happening here?

mushdevstudio likes this.
  13. mushdevstudio

mushdevstudio

5.6 does not complete 5 cycle - it breaks it!

I am stuck on version 5.5 because 5.6 breaks rigid body interpolation - so weird to break something so fundamental to 3D games programming. The fix is apparently 2017.1 but I have tried beta and it distorts and twists some of my animated models so looks like 5.5.3p3 is the last good build. This unfortunately means that I can not build Android as Vulkan and also that the new IAP won't work because they require API24 for targetSDK and 5.5.3p3 does not support API 24 - wow after 3 years of work I am so frustrated by this!

"
    In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first."

14. mushdevstudio

mushdevstudio

yes I have noticed this - it looks almost like a V-Sync problem - weird part is it happened to me on my android build.

15. GilesDMiddleton

GilesDMiddleton

I see that 5.6.1f1 is released - but I can't find any info on what's the difference between 5.6.0f3 - is there a tool that allows you to view differences between version x and y? Or at least a list of things fixed in each minor release?

16. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator