Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.6.0f1 Game crashes unless in development mode

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by ciwolsey, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ciwolsey

ciwolsey

2. ciwolsey

ciwolsey

The issue was a single plane in my scene, with no scripts attached, only a substance material. Recreating the plane and attaching the same substance material to it seems to have fixed it. The only change on the substance material was "Bake and keep" rather than the option that generates it on level load.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I believe it would be from advantage, if you can create a small project that triggers this crash and submit it via the bug-reporter, following these guidelines. Once you submitted a bug-report, you receive a Case # a few minutes afterwards, that Unity often asks to post here too, in order to find that bug-report if they look at this forum post first.

Unity can then use this project to reproduce the issue and test their fix against. Otherwise, it's unlikely that Unity is going fix this issue on their own if they don't have a bug-report in their system (from my experience).

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi ciwolsey,
    As Peter already suggested, please file a bug report with a reproduction case. If you do, please reply in here with the case #.