Search Unity

[Solved] 5.6.0b7 SteamVR Vive controllers stop working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by MSplitz-PsychoK, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

Hello,

I had a working Vive demo in Unity 5.4. I updated to Unity 5.6.0b7 and suddenly my vive controllers do not appear and do not respond to input. That said, nothing seems out of the ordinary in the output logs.

I tried making a blank project and adding only the CameraRig prefab in both Unity 5.4 and Unity 5.6, and the controllers only worked in the 5.4 version.

I need the 5.6 video API, has anyone had any luck with SteamVR in unity 5.6?

I'm using Unity 5.6.0b7 and SteamVR 1.2.0 (both the latest version available)

kavanavak likes this.
  2. Ostwind

Ostwind

Wrong forum section to post about the beta. Also:

Known issues:
    • The current beta version of Unity 5.6 breaks the normal operation of the SteamVR_UpdatePoses component (required for tracked controllers). To work around this in the meantime, you will need to manually add the SteamVR_UpdatePoses component to your main camera.

3. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

I figured the VR-savvy devs (or others who have run into this problem) would be in this part of the forum. Where did you find that info? I didn't see it in the full release notes for the beta.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Putting SteamVR_UpdatePoses on the main camera in the CameraRig prefab did not fix the problem, but did cause the game to crash upon closing. Any other ideas?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. Ostwind

Ostwind

5. Voronoi

Voronoi

Put the UpdatePoses script on the correct camera, i.e. (eyes) and not the head and it works. I think the head camera must be for previews in the editor.

kavanavak and MSplitz-PsychoK like this.
  6. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

Putting SteamVR_UpdatePoses on the "eyes" camera fixed the problem. Thanks guys!