Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

5.5 Splash not appearing in build...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by petey, Dec 1, 2016.

1. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

5.5.1p1 is out, still not fix? There is still no 856772 in the release notes for 5.5.1p1.

2. lordnedox

lordnedox

I believe it's fixed as 810571

AdamLiu likes this.
  3. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Yea it could be but I havent tested yet. Thanks for pointing it out.

4. ooblii

ooblii

@tessellation just wanted to report back that setting the WebCam and Mic fields to "not used" got both my apps through review. Cheers!

karl_jones likes this.
  5. comu

comu

Seems to be fixed. Thanks Karl!

karl_jones likes this.
  6. MemoryMakers

MemoryMakers

hi
    i updated my project from unity 5.4 to unity 5.5 but i don't have new splash image editor in player settings. but if i create a new project it has new splash image editor settings in player settings.
    it is like when i update project, the splash image section of project not updated!!! what can i do?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you using pro or personal edition? Is the splash enabled in the player settings? If it's not enabled then you won't see the options, you will just see the single enable splash option instead.

8. MemoryMakers

MemoryMakers

i'am using personal edition, but why when i create new project all splash image options are available, and i can click on preview button and ....

9. MemoryMakers

MemoryMakers

i reseted playersettings. now all options are available.:)

i replaced old ProjectSettings.asset file in ProjectSettings folder, and splash option gone again:(

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  10. ooblii

ooblii

I'm noticing the android splash screen on 5.5.1p3 is displaying a lot longer than usual. The splash animation will end, and just hang on the background color for an additional 5-10 seconds . Time varies depending on device. On the cheapest Kindle it lasts about 10 seconds. A few less on an HTC One M8.

11. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

There is a bug where If you disabled the splash and then upgrade with a personal licence the option won't allow you to enable it. To fix it right click on the inspector and enable debug mode. Look through the settings for show splash screen and enable it. Now switch out of debug mode and the options should be visible.

12. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Sounds like it's still loading the scene. Try an empty scene to see if it's faster.

13. ooblii

ooblii

thanks Karl. will do.

karl_jones likes this.
  14. yruizw

yruizw

Hi,
    I was building my project with Unity 5.5.0p4, for android in this case the issue of the black splash screen is solved, but on IOS I have the issue, so just following this post I decided to update to 5.5.1.p4 and here the issue now is on Android.
    Do you know which is the right release in which this issue is solved for Android and IOS?
    Thanks in advance
    Yuri

15. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Which issue? All the discussed issues in this thread are fixed in 5.5.1p4 or are caused by long loading times due to large scenes/audio files etc.
    Do you have the problem with a new project or empty scene? Do you have anything set to the iOS splash screen(not the custom splash)?

16. yruizw

yruizw

Sorry for not provide the detail, I'm talking about the splash screen loading, on Android with Unity 5.5.0 p4 works like a charm, but same project for IOS load a black box and then the game starts, I read this was fixed on 5.5.1 p4, so I have tried my project with this one, the problem here is that on Android tries to load the splash screen and it get stuck with a black screen and the sound trying to start, but I never get the game working.

From my understanding under 5.5.0 p4 IOS Splash screen should works?, but not using the custom splash?

17. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

So the game will not load anymore on Android with the splash? Can you file a bug report with the project or a simple version that also has the problem?
    Are you just using the custom splash screen or are you also using it with the ios/android specific splash screens?

18. yruizw

yruizw

Yes, on Android the splash get stuck with 5.5.1 p4, I can try to address a bug, but it means that I need to install again this release create a project and try to get the error on android.
    Related to splash screens I just setup the Static mode for this on IOS/Android

19. Tutanhomon

Tutanhomon

5.5.2f1, the pug is still present

20. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you file a bug report please?

21. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

22. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

23. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

I made an empty scene - used the script above - nothing on iPhone. Suhbmitting bug report.

karl_jones likes this.
  24. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

Is this fixed in 5.6? Bug reporter is hanging for long periods of time - can't get it submitted. Waited over an hour. Is it trying to pack my whole game?

Alternatively, I am hoping on building the splash screen manually and displaying it that way. I am ready to send this game to Apple for approval.

25. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Yes it sounds like the bug reporter is packing the whole game. Send it from a new project.

26. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

Submitted. Do you have a link to the logos so I can insert it manually for the time being?

27. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

28. Tutanhomon

Tutanhomon

Well, the bug does not reproduce in empty project, only when loading takes time when the project is pretty huge

29. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

What platform is this on?

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

I had to reset my Player settings and put my options back in. I don't know which setting caused the issue but for me it was present in 5.5.1f1, and xCode8.3.1. I was stuck on this all day yesterday so just reset your Player options in unity and try again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  31. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

Shoot - that didn't work. Simple empty scene, with and without the Splashscreen code attached to a game object.

I am in xCode Version 8.3 (8E162), I will upgrade later - didn't know that 8.3.1 was available. Dev team got back and said that this is working in the latest version. I will try updating xCode, then install Unity 5.6 on another machine and see how that goes. Failing that I will put them in manually. It shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    karl_jones likes this.
  32. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

So updated xCode to 8.3.1 (8E1000a) - still no logos. I am sure it something simple and probably something in my setup. Recap: I reset the player settings, updated xCode to latest published simple scene with and without splash screen code listed above.

I am going to install a fresh version of Unity 5.6 on a new computer and see if I can get the logos working there and see how that goes.

33. ardakoyuncu

ardakoyuncu

34. Tutanhomon

Tutanhomon

Android, not sure about iOs

35. MonkeyPuzzle

MonkeyPuzzle

36. fafase

fafase

On 5.6.1f1 building for Hololens.

"Show Unity Logo" is off. I have two custom images in the Logos section. Preview shows fine but build shows the Unity logo.

37. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I'll have to check(I'm not near the source code at the moment) but I'm fairly certain the holo lens does not use the custom splash screen and just shows a unity logo.

38. fafase

fafase

Splash did work on Hololens in previous projects. I would need to check whether it is only that one project I am on now or does it affect all projects.

One key point, that recent project with failing splash was started as a duplicate from another project. I went to change all the settings about naming in BuildSettings and used the code from old project as starting base.

But when running the app on Hololens, I can see in the console that some items are still being attached to the old project.
    All the CoreCLR calls on start are still rooted to the old project:

'NewProject.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\OldProjectVS.Debug_x86.fafase\entrypoint\NewProject.exe'. Symbols loaded.

it also says:

Player data archive not found at `C:/Data/Users/DefaultAccount/AppData/Local/DevelopmentFiles/OldProjectVS.Debug_x86.fafase/Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

It is Pro version just in case.
    Could it be a lead?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  39. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

"Show Unity Logo" is off. I have two custom images in the Logos section. Preview shows fine but build shows the Unity logo."

I have one custom image in the logos section. Preview shows fine. Build shows fine also - but only on my machine. On the client machine, the machine I need it to work on, it shows the Unity logo. Same exact .exe... Even erased registry settings rebooted machine... nothing. Shows unity logo on client machine, proper logo on my dev machine... How is this possible?
    Even changed company name etc. in player settings and still nothing.

5.6.1f1 on Win 10.

40. fafase

fafase

Has there been any fixes on this issue for 5.6?

41. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Which issue? There are several discussed in this thread. What issue do you have?

42. fafase

fafase

The fact that the splash screen does not work for unity 5.6 on Hololens.

43. Kubic75

Kubic75

On 2017.1.1f1 I have the iOS-Splash back again!

My question is about the Splash Dolly Animation:
    The splash appears to big for me so I expect to decrease "Fill percentage" parameter to make it smaller.
    But this does not change anything, the splashimage is always blown up to fill the screen in the end of the animation. My image is only 512x512 and I don´t want to have it bigger to save ressources.

Is this a bug?

PS:
    I would expect 3 parameters:
    1. Duration of the dolly animation in seconds
    2. Scale in % screensize at begin of dolly animation
    3. Scale in % screensize at the end of dolly animation

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  44. ramprasad_ranganathan

ramprasad_ranganathan

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018