Search Unity

5.5 released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Nov 30, 2016.

1. NGC6543

NGC6543

Same problem here. I built an app for tvOS using Unity5.5.0p1 and inside xcode profiler the memory grows quite fast. After changing 'foreach' to 'for', the slope significantly reduced.

2. PygmyMonkey

PygmyMonkey

Hello,

In the release notes of 5.5.0p1, there is:
    "macOS/iOS/tvOS: Enhancement to allow developers to use Xcode's manual signing paradigm by specifying a provisioning profile in Player Settings."
    But I can't find anything in Player Settings regarding a provisioning profile.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks!

3. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

There should be 3 new properties: appleEnableAutomaticSigning, iOSManualProvisioningProfileID, and tvOSManualProvisioningProfileID.
    If appleEnableAutomaticSigning is false, Unity will try to use the provisioning profile ids you've specified. They show up in the player settings if the automatic signing toggle is unselected. You should then be able to browse to a provisioning profile and select it.

IMG_2133.PNG

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Nice release ! Outline selection is not working ... macOS Sierra 10.12.2 + Nvidia Web Drivers

MrEsquire likes this.
  5. radimoto

radimoto

Running into an issue on 5.5.0p2 (Mac) with one of my projects.

Basically stuck in an endless loop when loading due to "Failed to load package manager"
    Have tried re-installing and registering my license again but still the same issue.
    Doesn't happen on all projects. Only issue is this one is pretty big so I'm not going to be able to upload it as a bug report.

This loops endlessly:

Platform assembly: /Applications/Unity 5.5.0p2/Unity 5.5.0p2.app/Contents/PackageManager/Unity/PackageManager/5.5.0/Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /Applications/Unity 5.5.0p2/Unity 5.5.0p2.app/Contents/PackageManager/Unity/PackageManager/5.5.0/Unity.PackageManager.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Failed to load package manager
    ...continues to:

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Modules/ModuleManager.cs Line: 135)

EDIT - deleted the Library folder except for all .prefs and .asset files, no go still goes into the same loop

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  6. larku

larku

Why not delete the whole Library folder?

7. radimoto

radimoto

Tried that as well, still fails to load. I'm restoring from backup will try again otherwise will downgrade back to 5.5.0p1

EDIT - success! restored from backup, and then upgraded project to 5.5.0p2 without any issues.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. DDNA

DDNA

We have run into a fairly serious bug with 5.5. When we load our scene with LoadSceneAsync. Unity Hangs and never returns from the load process. We have spent a week trying to figure out why unity will not complete the load, but we are not able to figure it out. Unity gives no errors or anything, it just never returns. The Scene loads fine with LoadScene. It is if there is some deadlock inside of unity. It is worth mentioning that works fine in 5.4.3p4 so it is specific to 5.5

Our project is fairly large (like 30GB) so I cannot submit it in a bug report but I could provide it if needed.

I filed this as Case 862849

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  9. s_guy

s_guy

I believe this hang can happen if you try to activate a scene from LoadSceneAsync before a previously loaded scene is activated. That is, it seems you're expected to activate them in the same order they're loaded. Or you could just wait for the async.isDone to be true for loading another scene. Since a scene auto activates when loading (unless you've told it not to, in which case you manually activate it), it could possibly be a race condition in your code that is triggered in 5.5, due to something like a change in scene load times. If so, it could also manifest for other reasons, like having different hardware (SSD vs HD).

... or maybe it's just a 5.5. bug.

10. DDNA

DDNA

I have isolated this problem. If a scene contains a reference to a Substance Material, LoadSceneAsync will hang. I have filed this as case 863716

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

The "Open in Unity" link in that assets store doesn't work. Well, it works half way through; clicking on it actually launches Unity but doesn't open the Asset Store view. I have to open it manually and search the store for the project I want to open.

I didn't report this as a bug because I know that the team won't be able to reproduce the problem; they never do.

Also, something that hasn't been working forever for me: the Window short cuts to open different views; I tried all of them, from Ctrl+0 to Ctrl+9, none of them work. I tried using the numpad and the keyboard figures.

I'm using Windows 7 sp1, up to date and Firefox 64bits, also up to date.

12. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

Any place where the new features are demonstrated with videos or documentation?

13. PygmyMonkey

PygmyMonkey

Thanks for the answer!
    I wasn't finding it because I'm targeting Mac Standalone, and it seems there's nothing available for this target :/
    Is it only iOS and tvOS? When I saw macOS I thought that Standalone Mac was included too.

14. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Ah, alright, that explains it. It's indeed iOS and tvOS only.

PygmyMonkey likes this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's the third time in less than 24 hours that Unity freezes my computer entirely while I'm using the colour picker. Even Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't work; I had to close the computer using the off button.

I won't file a bug report about that because nobody will be able to reproduce the problem; the bug report will then be closed and nobody will ever pay attention to that problem. :)

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fourth time, just now.

17. unicat

unicat

Having often black screens using Unity. My scene only has a terrain and a camera. The entire Windows Screen goes black and i must restart my pc. Using Unity 5.5 p3 and Windows 10 (newest graphic drivers). It only happens with Unity.

Edit: I think lightmapping eats my hole ram (16gig) and cpu is on 90 %. If i turn it off i don`t have Problems anymore. Must investigate further.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  18. Hodgson_SDAS

Hodgson_SDAS

19. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Seems fine here.

--Eric

20. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

21. Hodgson_SDAS

Hodgson_SDAS

Seems to have been resolved already.

22. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

REGRESSION: colliders no longer have handles on osx 10.9
    bug# 868310
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 1.58.27 PM.png

23. Gokcan

Gokcan

Hi All
    I am working on a VR project. My harwares are: GearVR,Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. My unity version Unity 5.5p3. There seems to be a problem with anisotropic filtering. It works on editor but when I built to gearVR, aniso looks so bad. Can a unity developer confirm it?

24. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

very stable but quite buggy and very very slow at dealing with assets

870574 - drag and drop unresponsive
    870567 - cryptic error after build to ios
    870579 - extremely slow scene load
    870578 - collab revert prefab never resolves
    870581 - apply prefab doesn't blue the hierarchy
    870580 - apply prefab is very slow

MrEsquire likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

This never happened to me so far.

26. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I think some is related to the recent bugfix in asset database. What's your system specs and DCC pipeline? Might help them narrow it down.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

My system specs:
    • Windows 7 SP1, up to date,
    • 4gB of ram,
    • AMD APU A10 series, 2 gB of vRam,
    • DirectX 11.
    What the heck is a DCC pipeline? :)

28. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

how do you import 3d assets maya, lightwave, 3dmax etc...

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ah, I don't do that for now. :)

30. TranDanh

TranDanh

I built a tizen game using unity 5.5.0p3
    They said I'm using an API, which is not officially documented in the Tizen SDK, has been used in the source code of the Application package.
    How can I fix this bug?

31. Paradoks

Paradoks

I work on Win7, in my moba game i am making lifebars with unityUi, i am moving the lifebars with this kind of simple script:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Vector2 viewportPoint = Camera.main.WorldToScreenPoint(entityToFollow.position);
    3. thisRectTransform.position =  viewportPoint;
    It worked very well in 5.4 And now in 5.5 it is like flickering, i mean the 2 pixel line between the Hpbar and the Mpbar, is changing his size when i move, from 0 pixel to 3 on screen.
    even worst:
    i got very problems with collision, the character act like he is colliding but there is nothing to collide with !

Does someone has the same problem as me ?

32. breban1

breban1

I am receiving the same error, but not the "Assertion failed on expression:" in Uity 5.4.4p1:
    '(sharedData.instructionCount == 0) || sharedData.combinedBounds.IsValid()'

No other info if I click on it in the console. Is this an issue, or is it harmless, anyone know?

33. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

(Case 872711) editor drag and drop doesn't work when the hierarchy is filtered

34. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We can't seem to reproduce this. Can you send in a repro project folder so we can investigate, this issue could be specific to your project.

35. Zuicis

Zuicis

@SaraCecilia many users waiting any feedbacks on 856773 issue, in this moment ~167 votes from 1.december - it`s more then 30 working days (december 22 w-days, january - 16) . Reproducible: 5.5.0f1-5.5.0f3, 5.5.0p1-5.5.0p4, 5.6.0a5, 5.6.0b1-5.6.0b4

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  36. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hi yes, apologies for the wait. It was a more complex problem than the team initially thought. There is a fix for 5.6 on the way which is being tested right now, and it will also be backported to 5.5 and 5.4. We will know soon from QA in what upcoming patch this fix will land in.

37. Zuicis

Zuicis

Super! Thanks for the information :)

SaraCecilia likes this.
  38. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

What exactly are you doing that causes these errors or is it during a specific point while the project is running? We have a fix for this in 5.6 as users were finding it in 5.5 and we were able to reproduce it.

39. vakabaka

vakabaka

40. larku

larku

41. breban1

breban1

Well, there's a lot going on when it happens, but I think it is when I scale up some UI elements. I haven't pinned it down because I wasn't sure if it was an actual problem or not. Was it fixed because it was throwing a false error, or is it an actual error that can cause issues?

I *think* it is only happening in the editor, I'm going to take a closer look today on Android/iPhone and I'll get back to you.

42. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

It's funny because we have notifications about patch releases, but 'minor' updates are 'silent' :)

MrEsquire likes this.
  43. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

One guy updates notification for patch releases, all he does, dont think he replies or anything on boards.
    "he has one job to do" lol.. rest up to the forum staff.. and they usually wait abit before notification, I think they can make some kind bot addon, when main webpage is updated automatically creates forum notification

44. ttermeer

ttermeer

Is 5.5.1 only available with download assistant ?
    It is very inconvenient to deploy on mutiple post

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think so.

You can save the different executables to a location of your choice during first installation though. ;)

46. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

is 5.5.1 same as 5.5p4?

47. breban1

breban1

It looks like my error is only happening in the Editor (is that what it's called when you run the game in Unity?). On devices I'm not seeing the error.

48. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Since we started building in Unity 5.5.1 (from 5.4.3), several of our users seem to be getting this when they run the game:
    And then it reverts to DX9.

Any one else experiencing this?

49. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

5.5.1 patch 1 is out with Tizen fixes (shocker) :)

50. khan-amil

khan-amil

When builidng on mac with virtual reality enabled, the app doesn't even get to the splash scren, stays on a black screen. Maybe a regression on issue 759211 ?

Anyway, submitted a bug report for that on 5.5.0p4.