Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.5.0f2 UI Text Horizontal Overflow Wrap mode is not really wrapping text

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by Sake906, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Sake906

Sake906

Not sure if this has been reported, nor if it is a new behavior of the component that I'm not aware of, but in some cases if not every single one, text doesn't wrap into a paragraph when it's string is too long: it only shows one line and the rest of the text disappears. I have many areas on my current game interface where this case would form nice blocks of text, but now they all get truncated.

"Best fit" partially fixes it, but it makes text behave in weird ways and it doesn't even get rid of the problem entirely: let the text get too long and you still loose lines.

Is there a way to solve this, or should I just wait for it to get fixed?

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

I just tested this and text is wrapping just fine. What is your vertical set to? And if it is truncate, is your text box big enough to hold the text?

3. Sake906

Sake906

The box sure is big enough and always worked on previous versions. Vertical overflow is set to "Truncate" and was that way before; I believe I tried changing it into other modes without any good results.

I just read on a different thread that the UI is generaly broken ATM, so I will just wait for f3

4. watsonsong

watsonsong

I met the same problem. The wrap mode will not make change the preferred size.
    But if I modify the 'pivot x' into 0, the preferred size will calculated as the text character number, ignore the text width.

This make the preferred size error, so if you put the Text under a vertical layout with 'Consent Size Fitter' on it, set 'Vertical Fit' into 'Preferred Size' mode, you will see what happens.

It really need to be fixed.