Search Unity

3DForge Exteriors

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by S4G4N, Apr 6, 2015.

1. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

More EXTRA mesh data with the nest upload. This time nice tall chimneys.

More coming ...

Cheers
    Cobus

2. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Another BLUEPRINT for the Village Interiors Kit for you to download and use as is or just as learning how some of the pieces work
    Cathedral BLUEPRINT
    You can still add lots, like Windows, relieve strips, metal details on roofs, soo much more to personalize and make your own. I also added aa nice double height door ;)

Enjoy, small castle next

Cheers
    Cobus

3. docsavage

docsavage

With all there free updates buying 3dforge packs is like getting a couple of extra birthdays a year.

Really looking forward to the premium blueprints Cobus. They'll cut dev time down drastically.

Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  4. smada-luap

smada-luap

For those of you who haven't noticed yet, the Interior's Kit is part of the current week-long 3D Sale. Cobus has also put the Exterior's Kit on a matching sale for the same time period.

So, if you've been considering getting either of them get them NOW! while they're even more of an incredible value :D

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  5. MrG

MrG

Tried three times but apparently Unity and PayPal aren't on speaking terms at the moment...will try again in a while.

S4G4N likes this.
  6. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I second this.. If you don't have one of them (or heaven forbid, both of them), now is the perfect time to grab them. As I've always said, Cobus' packs are so value packed when they are not on sale, people should almost feel guilty getting them on sale... heheh

S4G4N likes this.
  7. henmachuca

henmachuca

Hello there, I am missing some steel like fences. The vast majority that comes with the package is wooden. Am I missing something or this is really the case?
    Thank you

S4G4N likes this.
  8. smada-luap

smada-luap

There are a few fences with metal railings (starting around fence17 if memory serves)

9. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,

In the base Exteriors package you received 3 setssuch sets out of the 27 fence sets
    They are attached to stone uprights
    3DForge\FantasyExteriors\Village & Towns\Prefabs\Fences\Fence21
    3DForge\FantasyExteriors\Village & Towns\Prefabs\Fences\Fence22
    3DForge\FantasyExteriors\Village & Towns\Prefabs\Fences\Fence23

The last update also received a whole selection of all the heights and widths at those selection of heights
    3DForge\FantasyExteriors\Village & Towns\Prefabs\CastleCathedral\Castles\BaseCastle\BaseFense

Let me know if this is what yu have been looking for or referring too.

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  10. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

I have posted in the publishers forum
    Some countries have known problems.
    What country are you trying to make the purchase from?

Cheers
    Cobus

11. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

The Unity Asset Store is currently running a 3D Model SALE and the Village Interiors Kit as been selected.
    So from my side I have added the Village Exteriors Kit on a matching sale for the same of days.
    Grab one or grab them both both.

Village Interiors Kit and the Village Exteriors Kit

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  12. N0R7H

N0R7H

@S4G4N
    The Village Interiors Kit is so very tempting...
    But I am just not sure if this really fits my requirements:
    Are the pieces tiled so that one can easily use them for procedural level creation?
    Or should I rather look into the "TaD - Sewer Kit"?

I want my dungeons to have the round ceiling you realistically need for structural stability, especially for bigger rooms.
    I also would like the occasional double door, for something like a throne room, for example. I am not really sure if this is available in any of your packs. I don't think I have seen one.

Judging from the aesthetics and flexibility I would currently tend toward the Village Interior Kit. I just want to make sure it fits my needs.

S4G4N likes this.
  13. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@N0R7H - the Village Interiors Kit is more flexible than TaD Sewers, in my opinion. But you should get both anyway. :)

Village Interiors does have a double door piece, in the style of the cathedral/castle walls.

It also has vaulted ceilings (with the cathedral pieces) using that same wall texture.

The pieces are very modular, so you could use them for procedural generation; you'd probably want to build prefabs of room or parts of rooms. I'm pretty sure at least one of the procedural dungeon generators on the Asset Store uses this kit as an example in its screenshots. EDIT: yes, DunGen uses them.

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  14. N0R7H

N0R7H

@TeagansDad Hey, thanks for the detailed answer! :)

The thing is, that I really want to avoid using pre-built rooms. I am not sure if that is actually feasible, but I really hope that I can make that happen.
    The DunGen pictures are neat and all, but since they rely on pre-made rooms, they don't tell me very much about the tiling.

The Village Interior Kit's tremendously huge list of models is impressive, and those are great for gold plating and making a room look unique, of course.
    But it also seems really complex to me, with a lot of small parts. And I am a bit scared that the bigger pieces might not fit as well as I would need them to.

Also, can somebody tell me the size of those tiles? That would really help me envisioning the rooms I could generate.
    Something like this: Floor tiles, walls and small ceilings are 3x3 standard units in size and the large ceilings are 9x9.

Thanks in advance! ;)

S4G4N likes this.
  15. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,

Thanks for the interest.

By tiles I would presume you mean modular, if so, then yes, they are super modular and extremely exploitable to produce endless possibilities via hand building of using your own or one of several procedural or automation tools from the UAS. Octave3D - Dungeon Architect - DUNGEN

Check this cool video of Octave3D tools used with the Village Interiors Kit, making the build process really fun

The best part for me is when I see screenshots of what users have come up with usage cases I NEVER thought of myself.

I have 2 FREE packs Blacksmith's Forge (Interiors sample) & Blacksmith (Exteriors sample)

so that anyone without risk can test and make sure it provides and works as they hope it would and when making a buy choice you make an informed one. I want happy customers. The tiles are 2,5mW x 2,5mL x 3mH

You don't HAVE to use prebuild rooms, it is just one way some of the UAS tools might utilize to build and operate.

Please ask if you have more questions.

Cheers
    Cobus

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  16. N0R7H

N0R7H

@S4G4N
    Wow, thanks for all the info. That video tells me way more than any screenshot could.
    The temptation is rising to dangerous levels. ;)

I'll have a look at the Forge sample. Luckily the sale continues for a few more days, so I still have time to decide.

S4G4N likes this.
  17. docsavage

docsavage

I don't have a bad word to say about these packs that Cobus makes. IMHO the top 3 are:

1. Village Interiors
    2. Exteriors
    3. TAD Dungeons

This is based purely of needs use case and amount of assets in each pack. Interiors is the largest. Interiors and Exteriors for me are essential for each other in most cases. TAD while smaller is still massive compared to some other packs on the store. It also has some interesting models and adds great variety to the other 2 packs. You can use a lot of the TAD stuff above ground as well.

They all work great together.

Once Cobus gets more blueprints released and even if other users add them to his site
    (did this get set upor did I imagine it?)then most of the work is done for you.

Plus havig the editable textures is a win win. Some users even have replaced out the textures with others as Cobus includes the UV map in some of his packs.

One thing a lot of people don't talk about is also how useful they actually are. They look great without killing performance. You can buy mega detailed models with everything maxed out for high end hardware but you'll spend ages optimising it. 3dForge stuff are good all rounders.

Hope this helps a bit.

Whippets, TeagansDad and S4G4N like this.
  18. S4G4N

S4G4N

WOW, Thanks for the AWESOME testimonial @docsavage , I am humbled.

You hit the nail on the head, no use you have super AAA stuff and later or at the end of your project you regret for the game play experience is crappy and only 5 people on the planet has machines that can play it decently. At the end user experience is what counts, not the eye-candy alone.

If anyone want excess to the UVlayouts I will gladly give them, will with all future projects just do it by default, I am sure in the right hands it provides tremendous value.

Cheers
    Cobus

Whippets and docsavage like this.
  19. docsavage

docsavage

I only discovered the effort of optimisation by working on my own game. That's what people need to appreciate about your packs. They have great design but are not super high poly. With those UV layouts and editable textures people can go to town and make all sorts of changes with minimal work. If someone wants a AAA look it's also achievable. Just use UBER or ALLOY or something similar with tessellation and you are on the way with just the standard 3dforge textures.

All with good performance as well.

:)

TeagansDad and S4G4N like this.
  20. docsavage

docsavage

This has got me thinking. If I get a spare hour I may try these packs with UBER. Maybe tonight now I'm too tired to do any real work.

S4G4N likes this.
  21. docsavage

docsavage

Well the plan was to do some tests with uber but these packs are so MASSIVE:))) they are still importing. My fault really as testing on one would have been enough but didn't resist the temptation to go all minecraft and create new worlds. And as you other 3dforge asset owners all know when this happens you need to install every 3dforge pack totalling about 1 gazillion GB of models:D..

S4G4N and TeagansDad like this.
  22. MrG

MrG

I must be missing something! With Interiors, Exteriors, Loot Kit, and all the Blueprints, I've only got 1.4GB in my 3DForge folder :)

23. docsavage

docsavage

Your probably right. It just feels like that much with all the content:). Plus since I had to rebuild the pc it seems to be running slower in most things, even importing into unity with no idea why:confused:

24. S4G4N

S4G4N

Another thing to take not of, with the end result on model level of detail and selective atlassing of textures and overall performance, I have had many users that replied that the packages works well with VR becasue of that.
    Also the scale of the 3D contents seems to be correct out the box for their needs.

docsavage likes this.
  25. camta005

camta005

http://www.3dforge.co.za/3DForge_DEMOS/VEK/Basement.html
    I notice in the Basement web demo there is an exterior and interior. I can find the exterior but not the corresponding interior. Is the interior available? Thanks.

Also I notice there are lots of interior examples, do any of them have corresponding exteriors? I've got all the blueprints, just wondering about the interior examples.

I'm really enjoying the exterior and interior assets thus far, awesome work :)

S4G4N likes this.
  26. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey there,

Thanks for the compliments, that is why I made BLUREPRINTS, they easy to use, and adds lots of value.

I will go dig that DEMO up somewhere and make it available no problem.
    If you mean all the Exteriors for the Interiors Examples that comes with the Interiors Kit, then no, but Ill be releasing more combo BLUEPRINTS packages like the Sword & Shield Inn

Cheers
    Cobus

docsavage and camta005 like this.
  27. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Here is a quick post with a Castle Example BLUEPPRINT
    *Some small NEW mesh data in BLUEPRINT will come with next update

1. Basically use the CORE blocks to block out the base shape
    2. Add flat walls to it
    3. Add corners
    4. Add windows
    5. Add other small details

One thing to add then I upload

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  28. docsavage

docsavage

I have to complain - You keep making all these fun things to play with and test and they are a distraction to my work time and therefore productivity.

In spite of this official complaint further blueprints are requested as it's too easy to make levels and have fun:)

S4G4N likes this.
  29. S4G4N

S4G4N

Well then you going to LOVE what I am almost done with...

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  30. virror

virror

Im just curious what the future plan are. Are this part of the pack complete now except for blueprints? Whats next in line, new updates for this or new project?

S4G4N likes this.
  31. S4G4N

S4G4N

For cash flow reasons I am doing one or two new packages first.
    I will reveal what they are when I have something to show.
    Still Medieval and Fantasy based.
    Will be 100% usable with most of my existing packages and something that is non-existent on the UAS
    There is no idea shortage, I have more then 70 new projects written out on paper.

If anyone have requests or suggestions, please PM me.
    The problem is there are many publishers that keep eyes open for ideas and discussing anything in public could have the result of a competitor making something similar at the same time that reduces sales potential.

Cheers
    Cobus

32. virror

virror

I was actually hoping for that : D
    The current packages are so packed with stuff anyways so it will keep me busy for quite a long time : )

TeagansDad likes this.
  33. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

FREE Update V 1.2.2d went live a few hours ago
    Grab it to get all the cool new parts.
    I will make more screenshots later today to show some more Examples

Cheers
    Cobus

34. S4G4N

S4G4N

35. MrG

MrG

Very nice...had you considered a floor hatch door and spiral stairs?

Also has anyone asked for a wind pump / water works or castle ruins (broken foundational chunks)?

S4G4N likes this.
  36. Sovogal

Sovogal

Thank you so much for the round turrets, Cobus!

37. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Spiral stairs need a MUCH wider tower in order to be playable, I'm afraid. The camera and pathfinding can't handle those tight, winding spaces very well.

38. S4G4N

S4G4N

Glad you like what you see ;)
    @TeagansDad is very correct with what he says.
    The floor hatch with maybe ladder could be cool, will look at that.

Items on the roadmap

6. Unique buildings
    - Windmills, Waterwheel, Sawmill / Lumberyard, Old Lighthouse

It is my pleasure, they do add very nice authentic look and feel to any layout you would build instead of the just square options you had.

Things to note:
    - The floor and ceiling "discs" that has been used uses it's own material
    - The current wooden texture is one of the textures that is currently in the package.
    - the "disc" geometry requires a tile-able texture, meaning, you can change that to any tile-able texture and it will be seamless on the "disc"
    - On the floor, the door frames has that small raised strip, that is to hide geometry that caused z-fighting. for the same reason the floor inside the tower was raised 0,05 above the default outsides. I also added a very thin/shallow custom colider to that raised floors strip that is basically a small ramp that will prevent players from getting stuck on it.

In the example I used single unit thick walls and I saw that the single unit wide walls that has no surface at the top so that you could add your own was not in the set, I will double check again, if so I will add another wall set with the top geometry omitted so that you can add any tiles or strip of tiles that you prefer there to match the rest of your design.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  39. camta005

camta005

Were you able to dig that demo up?

S4G4N likes this.
  40. S4G4N

S4G4N

I will look for it today, now that this update is done ;)

camta005 likes this.
  41. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad and camta005 like this.
  42. camta005

camta005

Thanks Cobus, you are a true champion :D
    Looks amazing!

S4G4N likes this.
  43. MrG

MrG

S4G4N likes this.
  44. S4G4N

S4G4N

My pleasure, glad I backed it up :)

It shows how simple it is to add a basement to the house on top.
    Same when you do an Inn with a cellar, or a house or larger structure with a dungeon of secret rooms.
    I do not know of another package that does this, so I am quite happy with the results
    Have you grabbed the Sword & Shield Inn BLUEPRINT, it also has a abasement and fully done Interiors & Exteriors.

Cheers
    Cobus

camta005 likes this.
  45. S4G4N

S4G4N

The one I gave here includes the Village Interiors Kit data.

I could not include that with the Exteriors Kit files at any time, for I will get negative reviews with things like
    " Giving incomplete files ... " and " I see oome stuff pink, broken not working ... "
    This would have negatively impact on the perception of the package content.
    So giving it now on request from a user that understands what it is and how BLUEPRINTS work is cool.

There is still very often peole that for the first time discover BLUEPRINTS and everyone happy with the delivery method

Cheers
    Cobus

TeagansDad and MrG like this.
  46. MrG

MrG

Had you considered hexagonal connectors for walls (meaning hex towers) and other "linear" components?

S4G4N likes this.
  47. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,
    There are 6 sides ones in already, but they have non-entarable version with them.
    3DForge\FantasyExteriors\Village & Towns\Meshes\CastleCathedral\Castles\BaseCastle\BaseCnr\BaseCornerG

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  48. MrG

MrG

I can't find the enterable ones...was that a typo?

S4G4N likes this.
  49. S4G4N

S4G4N

Sorry, that was a typo, non-enterable ones
    I just wated to point out between ALL the prefabs that there are in fact 6 sided ones :)

MrG likes this.
  50. Olander

Olander

Hey Cobus! So I finally decided to update Exterior Villages and bite the bullet on whatever you have added. You know how I customize your stuff but sheesh man! This thing is off the shelf awesome. I think my version is roughly 3700 pieces of goodies....now it has passed 4100 and 4200 prefabs....just frakking insane.

By the way....from a long time buyer and a friend...very well done. Loving blending the new castles with my own and a brand new awesome landscape I am making to do some showcasing. Pics in less than a month.

Thanks again for doing just awesome and being you.

Cheers
    O