Search Unity

3D Models invisible on Tizen

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by larsdood, Feb 11, 2017.

1. larsdood

larsdood

Hi,

I'm porting my mobile game to Tizen. Everything is pretty much finished now except I noticed something very strange on the cell phone.

My 3d models do not display at all on the Tizen emulator.

This means that the player and the obstacles are not visible.

Everything else is however visible, including: The code-generated 3d course that the player runs through, the particle trail and explosion when crashing and all UI elements (including loaded 2d images).

The only thing that won't show are the imported 3d models I sculpted in Blender.

The models do show in the editor, on Android and on iOS.

I have not attempted on an actual Tizen phone, only on the official emulator.

I use Unity 5.5.1f1 and run M-3.0-x86 emulated phone. Not sure of the Tizen SDK but it's the one that came with Tizen Studio 1.1 (should be the latest as I downloaded it just a few days ago).

On another unrelated note, although Unity builds and runs the Tizen app on the Tizen emulator, I can't seem to find where exactly it puts the finished tizen package. Almost like there's no file. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks a lot for all help :)

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

I think part of the problem may be that your emulator is using Tizen 3.0. No testing has been done on 3.0 and it is not shipping on any devices at this time. Try creating a new emulator with 2.4 as the target.

The package should be in a subfolder named Emulator in the location that your chose to export to.

3. larsdood

larsdood

Thanks for input!

I tried making two new emulators, one 2.4 and one 2.3, and building the project for 2.4 and 2.3 emulators then running.

For 2.4 the visual bug increased slightly: The course is a 3d tube generated to go in random directions. For this build, parts of the tube would not render if another renderable piece lay behind it. So if the tube first was straight and then turned right, the right side of the tube wall would not be rendered at all. See screenshot for reference. I suspect this is related to the 3d models not appearing: Tizen's Unity engine does not properly render 3d geometry in front of other 3d geometry.

For 2.3 I could not get the build to run. It did not auto-run and clicking on the icon in the Tizen OS menu did nothing, although the Settings app did run when clicked.

Both 2.3 and 2.4 were built 3 times each to make sure it was not some obscure build bug.

Any ideas? Could this be an error that exists only on the emulator and not on actual hardware?

Thanks again for any input.

Edit: Notice that for the most part of the screenshot, there are two tube walls not being correctly rendered: The inside of the right side in the straight part where the player is, and the outside of the right side after the curve. So it really is only the innermost layer that is actually rendered.

Since the player and all obstacles would be placed closer to the camera than the tube walls, it seems that all 3d geometry in all directions are rendered only if they're the furthest away from the 2d plane the camera occupies. Hopefully this'll tip someone off about the issue :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hmm, It's hard to say. Could you submit a bug for this issue?