Search Unity

3D Buzz Tutorials

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by septien, Feb 2, 2011.

1. septien

septien

Hello all,

the amount of content 3D Buzz has been putting out is the most comprehensive Unity's coverage, far beyond any of the offerings currently stickied.

Not only it is free, it is on a league of its own.

-LINKS-

Unity Fundamentals
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/content.php?176

Unity - Custom 3rd-Person Character and Camera System with C#
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/content.php?212

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 1
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?188331

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 2
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showt...Platformer-Game-DROP-2-available-for-download

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 3
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?188848

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 4
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showt...tformer-Game-DROP-4-is-now-ready-to-download!

Unity Character Development with Maya 2012 NEW
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?191483

Unity - Simple Game
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/37093-Over-7-hours-of-Unity-Training-Videos-Download-them-now!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. acs_andrew

acs_andrew

I second the request to make this a sticky.

I think you can reduce the first few links though as there's now a convenient single page for the Fundamentals downloads:

www.3dbuzz.com/unityfundamentals

3. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

It is a must. It has to be a sticky. 3D Buzz Free training material is through and invaluable

4. septien

septien

Merged the Unity Fundamentals into a single link, as acs_andrew suggested.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. ryanzec

ryanzec

They have already released Drop Three

Highly recommended for anyone using Unity, especially ones needing some sort of 3rd person camera.

6. septien

septien

Unity - Creating a Custom 3rd-Person Character System (Drop Three) added

7. Anslem

Anslem

It's done? Amazing! Thanks so much

8. DaneC020

DaneC020

This content is just simply amazing.. Even the fundamentals have covered tools that I have been using forever but still taught me something new. Definitely worth a watch for those of you who are new or want to make a cool 3rd person camera.

9. kronholm

kronholm

Thanks for stickying!

I just wanna throw in a few kinds words about 3dbuzz.com. I've been with them for 9ish years, as a learner. Every since I received my first video on physical cd, sent free of charge to me over 10.000 km's, I've been hooked (It started out as a 3d training site where Jason shipped free video cd's to all parts of the world, out of his own pocket). Of course now, they do streaming.

The teaching style is phenomenal, and for some reason it just sticks. There's a certain atmosphere in their training videos you won't find elsewhere - They really love to teach, which shows, and do their absolute best to make you understand.

Can't recommend them enough, and with their recent Unity focus, I'm hope many of you will be enjoying many hours watching their training :) It's the way to learn, hands down.

10. thomasrh

thomasrh

Highly recommend this. Especially to anyone who hasn't seen any 3D Buzz content before. The depth things are explained in while still keeping it easy to understand is amazing.

Also I find the general tone (or setting) of their videos makes them very entertaining. I think that's down to having two people talking, and also discussing and asking questions to each other, rather than having just one person doing it all him/herself.

A lot of video learning material, while explaining things good, can get very dull and boring very fast. Almost like reading a book yourself. But I think 3D Buzz have done a great job avoiding this with their style.

Cheers.

11. Focus

Focus

I can sign on this. 3D buzz is the reason I got into 3D animation from start, there is simply no training site on the internet that offers such friendly and easy learning environment. A fiendly and helpfull conmunity, and very solid VTMs where they break down somthing that is hard and make it easy to learn, and have a lot of fun on the way.
    I have tried other training sites, but always return to 3D buzz because simply no one has such beginner friendly and fun videos, they always show everything step by step. They are the reason I have started with Unity.

12. septien

septien

Unity - Creating a Custom 3rd-Person Character System - Drop FOUR download links added

13. acs_andrew

acs_andrew

Thanks for keeping this updated.

14. retaf99

retaf99

The Unity training at 3DBuzz is top notch and the amount of material is mind boggling. Their casual approach and some use of humor makes even the longest videos easy and fun to watch.

15. Redbeer

Redbeer

Unity should really arrange some sort of "official training partner" deal with 3DBuzz. 3DBuzz seems to be the only online video trainer that comes close (or even tries) to explain the "concept" rather than just how to go through the motions of making a specific thing for a specific purpose. This is true with all the videos I've seen from them, they actually try and TEACH the subject rather than just create videos to "show how something is done". The distinction is important, and often missed.

16. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

This series they have on Unity is unbelievably useful. With drop 5 around the corner it's all super exciting

17. septien

septien

Unity - Creating a Custom 3rd-Person Character System - Drop FIVE download links added

18. septien

septien

Unity - Creating a Custom 3rd-Person Character System - Drop SIX (Integrating Maya Characters) download links added

Note
    The character assets will be provided to Member Sponsors only.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  19. septien

septien

Unity - Creating a Custom 3rd-Person Character System - Drop SEVEN links added

20. septien

septien

Condensed all Unity - Custom 3rd-Person Character and Camera System with C# into a single link pointing to its specific landing page at www.3dbuzz.com

21. septien

septien

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 1 now available

22. septien

septien

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 2 now available

23. septien

septien

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 3 now available

24. MITAGAMES

MITAGAMES

Awesome tutorial! Great work!

25. rockysam888

rockysam888

(bookmarked)

26. MrRudak

MrRudak

Great work

27. septien

septien

Unity - 3rd-Person Platformer Game DROP 4 now available

28. Adeno

Adeno

Thanks! Your tutorials were the first I found when I discovered Unity3D! I love your teaching style as well! Your videos are effective and entertaining to watch. I'm in the middle of watching your videos actually, and I dare not skip one!

Thanks and I hope you continue to create more awesome content! I'll most probably watch your tutorials in 3d modelling and animation when I get to that part. :p

29. Nateao

Nateao

I wen to check the tutorial,I like then subscript to the site there is i lot information that will help me out in making the game am working on

30. Adeno

Adeno

After 2 months since I first started learning about C# using the XNA tutorials on 3D Buzz, I finally felt ready to put what I learned into use in Unity. I finally installed version 3.4.1 of Unity and downloaded all of the "SimpleGame" files on the first post. The version in the videos was older, I think it was 2.6, but the ideas are still applicable even in 3.4.1. Only thing that changed was Unity's interface, but everything Busby and Zack taught worked without a hitch.

Personally, I consider Busby and the 3DBuzz people as awesome and great teachers, my favorites actually. They made learning C# become an easily understandable subject. I think that going for the extra mile and learning C# first before diving straight into Unity made scripting in Unity a lot more sensible, especially the concept of inheritance and "what to think of" when trying to make something happen while programming. It was all confusing at first, but the more I listened to them and did what they were showing on the screen, the more things started to make sense.

After going through probably hundreds of video material learning C# using their XNA series, I can say that I simply love their nice and relaxed teaching method. Busby really makes sure you understand what's going on. Whenever something new pops up, he actually "simulates" what's going on in the computer on a piece of blank Photoshop layer (which serves as his whiteboard) as you're using it. Even if it's your first time seeing it, by the end of each video you'll have a good idea of how the thing works, and it's only up to you to practice it again to make sure you really got it. After a couple of related lessons, he usually gives you a "Knowledge Review" or an exam. There's usually a problem and you'll have to use what you've learned in the previous lessons to solve it. I never thought I'd say this about exams but they're actually fun to tackle and solve! I guess that's the difference between exams in college and with something from 3DBuzz. You don't have to worry about "failing" anymore. There are no grades to worry about. The only thing you have to achieve is actually getting things done no matter how many times it takes until you finally get it without a problem.

I really recommend 3DBuzz materials to anyone who's just starting with C# and Unity or even experienced programmers and computer science graduates. Use their videos as review materials. I also advice you to follow along what they're doing. If they're programming something on screen, do it as well even if you're not required to. The act of actually experiencing what they're doing on screen yourself adds to how effective you'll understand what they're teaching.

31. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

I love watching 3D Buzz content with all the tools that they teach, but in terms of trying to learn everything in a short period of time, since they release so many videos in a short period of time, I'd almost have to pull at least three or four all-nighters just to keep up with everything. I try to watch what can, where I can, but...it's tough.

32. septien

septien

Unity Character Development with Maya 2012 added to the list

33. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

Yep, downloaded the first videos from that one. Might give those a whirl and see how far I can get.

34. septien

septien

Unity Character Development with Maya 2012 - Drop 5 added

35. msl_manni

msl_manni

I have a request.
    Please make a tutorial on how to make a game like Mortal Kombat - Street fighter. I am especially interested in the Camera system and Combo system of these games.

36. RyanSchurton

RyanSchurton

3d buzz really does have some awesome tutorials I have competed the SnowWorld tutorials which you guys can try right here http://www.mediafire.com/?4kpv7p7ucmv9mxy and I am not working on the Top down space shooter. I recommend 3dBuzz to anyone who want to make video game

37. cutepants

cutepants

all the links the op posted lead to paid tutorials. except the 3rd person game in c, and the character creation in maya.

Are they ment to be this way? or were they moved?

38. Archania

Archania

Go to their website and search. They redid it all recently so links might have been changed.
    Http://www.3dbuzz.com