Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

360 degree Panoramic Images walkthrough virtual tour?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Jamiemb, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jamiemb

Jamiemb

Hi !

I am just new to Unity and one of my teacher at my school told me that it would be very easy way to use Unity to make a panoramic walkthrough. I rendered already a few 360degeree panoramic images and I want to connect them to eich other.

Now when I use the VR software I can see the images all seperated. But I want to connect them in a way. So I want to make a walhthrough through in this case my building design. For example when I am in room A and I want to go to Room B I want to be able to click or to look at a certain point or symbol in room A and switch to room B.

Maybe I didn't search well enough but I couldn't really find a good tutorial or walkthrough for this ? I assume that u make a serie of globes and place the images over it and then add a object where u can click on or something like that. Does anyone know a good walkthrough or tutorial online ?

Greetz Jamie

2. mgear

mgear

Look for VR gaze tutorial first (or if you have some controller, can just use button click and then raycast or invoke pointerclick on the target)
    Then, on button click,
    could load next 360 texture to the same sphere, and create or show the new buttons for that room..
    Maybe have array for buttons per room, so can hide/show them based on which room you are, could assign the room textures in array too.

3. gelker

gelker

I also really want to learn a navigation through photos (renders) 360. there is instaVR.co sites but this is very limited in its option free, charging 200 dollars for full version per month. It also has the https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/54789 costing 220 dollars.
    Goataria also a tutorial so I can do this navigation, for every project I have.
    thank you