Search Unity

2D Trail Renderer Help

Discussion in '2D' started by KerMatt, Oct 26, 2016.

1. KerMatt

KerMatt

Right, i'm in the process of creating a 2D and the player (the plane you see in the image) is able to move up and down. But the trail renderer is following the player, and if possible i'd like it to come out the rear of the plane and off into the distance (off screen) whilst still following the location of the plane. I'm new to unity and have searched the web for solutions but have found nothing similar to what i'm trying to achieve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. renderer.PNG

2. KerMatt

KerMatt

Thanks in advance.

3. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

Can you rotate the trail object 90 degrees not sure what axis it would be usually Z, and then move the trail behind the plane.

4. KerMatt

KerMatt

Doesn't work, as the trail follows the motion of the plane sprite. Is it even possible to have a trail float off into the distance?

5. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

Unless your sprite is actually moving to the right, the trail will not be trailing off to the left.

You may want to instead use a ParticleSystem, with the starting velocity going to the left.

6. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

I thought you had used a particle system on the trail, that's why I said Rotate it.

7. monptitghetto

monptitghetto

I think that you should use a ParticleSystem.