Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Endless Runner Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Jul 15, 2014.

1. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I was really busy yesterday.

The Run and Jump is still work in progress. You can PM me your e-mail and I will send you the Run&Jump demo scene. But it's still missing few things, that's why I didn't include it in the asset and I haven't announced it as a feature to the asset yet. But I left the run and jump player control code in there. Apologies for that.

2. OussamaB

OussamaB

Which version of Unity are you running?

3. OussamaB

OussamaB

I couldn't reproduce the bug on Unity 5.0.0 nor on Unity 5.3. When you hit an obstacle with the player object while having the shield on, it will simply hide the object. And when that same wave will be used again, it will activate all of its objects because all of them get hidden when they move off the screen) before using it.

4. janeDoe9173

janeDoe9173

I am using Unity 5.3.4f1

5. OussamaB

OussamaB

I have tested it on Unity 5.3.1 and it's working fine. I'm downloading Unity 5.3.4f1 as we speak so I can see if the problem exists with that version.

6. OussamaB

OussamaB

Please check your e-mail for the run and jump movement demo.

7. bill2432

bill2432

Hi, in my case when the player hit an obstacle with the shield on it destroy it and when the same wave comes again it does not load the obstacle that hit before it is the wave without the obstacle. I have unity pro and I tested on pro 5.2 and on pro 5.3.4. I also test it on Mac and on PC and same problem. I do not know if I have to do some settings on unity please if any other player have the same problem I will be very happy to hear a solution.

8. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm still not able to reproduce the bug, if anyone is facing this bug please let me know.

Have you imported the asset to an existing project?

9. bill2432

bill2432

I import the asset on a new project with unity 5.3.4f1. When I buy the power up and the player hit the ground with the shield on it destroy it and does not clone any more, the same problem with the waves. I make a video please check the link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g0fzlmsq3ahkpy/2d.mp4?dl=0

10. OussamaB

OussamaB

Thanks for providing the video. At first you mentioned that obstacles in the waves were getting destroyed, I got confused because the ground sprite is considered as a background in the game. Thanks for reporting this bug, I'll update the asset ASAP. Please PM me your e-mail and invoice number so I can send you the fix before the update hits the asset store.

11. bill2432

bill2432

Hi I send you my email and the invoice to the support contact of your site http://soumidelrio.com/contactme/ Thanks again

12. OussamaB

OussamaB

It seems like the contact form is broken. Please PM me the details here. I already have fixed the bug you mentioned by the way.

EDIT: Found your e-mail and sent you the fix.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  13. saraht1

saraht1

Hi, from the demos it looks like the character has to be a flying one. If I want to do a game in which the character is literally running on the ground, sort of like Alto's Adventure, does this kit support it? Thanks!

14. OussamaB

OussamaB

At its current state, this kit is not the best choice for that type of endless games. The run and jump control type (60% done) update is put on hold since two weeks (and maybe two more weeks after this post) for personal reasons. I'm trying my best to answer all the support requests ASAP. Thanks for understanding.

15. Tanooky

Tanooky

Hello, I would also like to have something like this, as I had a very similar issue with the kit. I appreciate your support so far!

16. OussamaB

OussamaB

Please PM me your e-mail address and invoice number.

17. harraj128

harraj128

Can this be used in a run and jump endless runner??? I'm stuck on character selection

18. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hello. The asset can be used for run and jump movement. Could you explain exactly the problem you're facing with the character selection?