Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Force Field 2.41 • Shield and impact shader. Mobile Ready!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by s7, Oct 2, 2014.

1. s7

s7

Force Field is the ultimate deflector shield and impact shader. Works with any mesh and PhysX collisions. Mobile ready.

NEW: Edge Fading and Vertex Animation shader • Space Ship model • Reactor & Hangar scene

Works with RigidBody and MeshCollider!

Key features:
    • New model: Wasp Interdictor
    • New scene: Reactor and Hangar
    • Multiple contacts and collisions perform on any surface.
    • Full control over impacts points and shield visuals.
    • Shader options for colors, masks, static field, edge fading, and vertex animation.
    • Counting 15 premium sounds and several particles hits.
    • UV1 Shader to go along with the built-in unwrapping.
    • Outstanding performance on many platforms: DirectX 9/11, OpenGL, Mobile.
    • Seven example scenes will get you started in no time.
    • … and more

Click to Buy Force Field

Shields are up, Commander!

LEARN MORE

Discover extra details in our Blog or check out the Force Field Product Page

Head here for the Online Documentation Center

Changelog: [Version 2.41]
    ----------------------------
    - Package import error has been fixed

Changelog: [Version 2.4]
    ----------------------------
    - PBR Space Ship model with docking animation.
    - PBR "Reactor & Hangar" scene
    - Edge Fading and Vertex Animation shader
    - UV1 shader to use with an automatic lightmap unwrapping which helps fitting shield texture on a complex mesh
    - RigidBody and MeshCollider should be fixed now! Check the new example scene.

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHATS COMING
    Swing by our forum and help us build the community! We also highly encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list for the latest updates and the development progress straight from the farthest corners of the galaxy!

-----

REACH US OUT

Found a bug?

Please submit a case in the Bug Report thread, and we will squash the bug away!
    Want to share your thoughts?
    We sincerely appreciate your time to give us comments and ideas. There are always things that we could do better. Please share them in the Feedback and Suggestions thread.

Have a question or need help?
    For a non-urgent matter, please submit in the Technical Support thread. You can also use our Contact Form to communicate to us directly. We'll give you a prompt a thorough response.​

Available in the Unity Asset Store
    Click to Buy Force Field

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Play_Edu likes this.
  2. ZJP

ZJP

Nice upgrade. :cool:

3. s7

s7

Force Field 2.1 Update is pending review in the Unity Asset Store

Whats new in 2.1:
    • Non-uniform scaling of shield objects. There's a check box added to the inspector that allows to control this behavior.
    • Fade mask code optimization. The script will no longer send unnecessary values to shader when the shield is completely faded.
    • New bonus particle effect included.
    • Force Field scripts now have a new icon.
    • Added [Header] sections to the inspector.

4. s7

s7

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the new update :)

5. save

save

Looks amazing! Nicely done. Creds to you on your website as well, clean and inspiring. This will go well. ;-)

hopeful likes this.
  6. s7

s7

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

7. s7

s7

Force Field is now updated to version 2.1 in the Unity Asset Store

8. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

cool stuff.

9. s7

s7

Force Field deal: Enjoy an extra $10 off

10. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

ooohhooooooooooooooo .going to buy............

11. J_Troher

J_Troher

I love the shader. But It doesn't seem to like if it's parent has a rigidbody :/

12. s7

s7

Hey, thanks for coming by. Can you be more descriptive and provide some details on your setup? Providing screenshots will also help.

13. J_Troher

J_Troher

I apologize. I posted kind of soon ;) I do appreciate the quick response by email though!

(I still believe the model I'm trying to use it on is just modeled wrong)

14. s7

s7

Force Field copy giveaway!
    Voucher code: Redeemed. Stay tuned for more!
    To redeem this code go to Asset Store - User Account page - Redeem Voucher. New voucher code will be posted soon. Be the first one to grab your free copy!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  15. s7

s7

Force Field copy giveaway!
    Voucher code: Redeemed. Stay tuned for more!
    To redeem this code go to Asset Store - User Account page - Redeem Voucher. New voucher code will be posted soon. Be the first one to grab your free copy!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  16. Zurusona-Kitsune

Zurusona-Kitsune

Thanks a lot for the code, I've discovered this asset a month ago and I was very impressed by it. I wanted it since but couldn't afford it yet.

17. s7

s7

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy using it. Please take your time to rate the asset using the asset store page and feel free to leave any feedback in this thread.

18. Zurusona-Kitsune

Zurusona-Kitsune

thanks. I can't try it right away since I'm busy with a project but once I try your asset, I will definitely leave a review.

19. s7

s7

Giving away last Force Field copy!
    Voucher code: Redeemed.
    To redeem this code go to Asset Store - User Account page - Redeem Voucher.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  20. s7

s7

Congratulations to all lucky winners! Hope you enjoy using Force Field and may the Force be with you ;) Please take your time to rate and post a review. Feel free to leave your feedback and suggestions in this thread.

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Did not expect to win :)
    Great effect. Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  22. s7

s7

Force Field 2.2 is now available!

Whats new in version 2.2:

- Mobile: shader value controling the static shield effect
    - Added a mobile example scene
    - The asset is now Unity 4.6 and 5.0 fully compatible

23. toto2003

toto2003

i just own this asset and it s just simply awesome. thanks for release this asset.

s7 likes this.
  24. rushbier

rushbier

Will you be eventually be selling the turret scripts in the Force Field 2.1 demo as a separate package?

25. s7

s7

Yeah, I will include the turret script and the exampe demo scene showing the initial setup in the next Sci-Fi Effects pack update.

rushbier likes this.
  26. Skyrox

Skyrox

I am having issues with using the force field scripts and shaders, i've heard they do not work to well with odd shaped objects, but even with this non-uniform system i can not get it to work proper, the model i'm trying to put it on isn't too complex, its a oblong sphere separated into 4 sections (making a 4 point shield) but it doesn't seem to like it that much;
    http://puu.sh/ggtGt/881d4b3a26.PNG

27. s7

s7

Hi Skyrox,

Can you provide me with your sphere model, and the model import scale setting you are using either by email at support@forge3d.com or sending a download link via forum PM?

Thanks.

28. rushbier

rushbier

Just to be completely sure you're saying that the force field example demo scene will be in version 1.2 of the sci-fi effects package?

29. s7

s7

I have received several request to update the current turret script seen in the Sci-Fi Effects with the one from the Force Field web player demo.

What I'm saying is the turret script used in the Force Field web demo will be included in the next update for the Sci-Fi Effects (next version is 1.2).

I will also provide the example scene to help with the initial setup. This scene will incude the existing turret model from Sci-Fi Effects and the updated turret script.

By the moment you have posted your initial question, the 1.1 update was pending the review in the Unity Asset Store.

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you about the whole Force Field web demo and I want to thank you for your understanding.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  30. rushbier

rushbier

Awesome to hear and also sorry about the double message the first one didn't appear on my screen so i thought it didn't go through.

31. s7

s7

Awesome news about Unity 5 going free! Huge thanks to Unity Team for all the unlocked features!

How do you feel about trying Force Field with this free key?
    *KEY REDEEMED*​

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  32. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

If I hadn't just bought it a few days ago, it'd be a bit more exciting I suppose. :D

33. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Anyway to make the non mobile shield version stay on as in static like the mobile one?

34. s7

s7

Yes. Send me a detailed request email at support@forge3d.com and I will make the necessary changes for you.

Also make sure to provide your invoice number with your email.

35. super-cypher

super-cypher

Hi
    on the plane demo, how would you make the shield effect pass/ripple the whole way over the plane when its hit rather than in just the one small spot? is this possible?

thanks

36. s7

s7

Hey there,

Well I'm pretty sure you can play with the Mask Offset and Feather settings on the shield material:

And also you can set the scripts settings to achieve the desirable effect:

Just play with the settings and see what works best for you and the mesh scale you have.

Hope this helps!

37. Shadowing

Shadowing

Idk Ive been trying for 6 hours can't get this package to work.
    It seems it doesn't work if the the parent game object has a rigid body.

Open up the Ship Example
    Give the game object "Plane" a rigid body
    Shoot at it and shields no longer work

Error
    Non-convex MeshColliders with non-kinematic Rigidbodies are no longer supported in Unity 5.0.

38. s7

s7

I know about this issue in Unity 5.0 with their changes to physics engine. Seems to be that Unity team is still working on reasonable solution to enable non-convex mesh colliders with rigidbodies support like it was before in 4.6 so it ensures backward compatibility.

Here is the original post and possible workaround: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u5-rigidbody-mesh-collider-trigger-problems.306698/#post-2094352

Hope this helps!

39. Shadowing

Shadowing

I actually had it working just now but the issue was my mesh wasn't the same rotation as my model. I was really wanting a custom sphere to use as a mesh instead so its more of a bubble mesh.

Thanks for the response I'll read that link and mess with it some more.

40. twomack37

twomack37

Hi,
    I was wondering what the best way is to have the force field work with a GameObject that is made up of multiple meshes?
    I am using a spaceship asset that puts together ships with different pieces. Any help would be appreciated!

41. s7

s7

Use a combined/custom shield mesh made in a 3d modeling application and a single script instance per ship. As an option you may also have multiple combined shields made with ship pieces.

twomack37 likes this.
  42. Shadowing

Shadowing

I pretty much abandon the use of shields for rigidbody. I can still use this package for static stuff so its all good. I don't like the work around idea.

One idea I came up with that actually may work pretty well and not be to heavy. Is if the shield gets hit transport the shield to the rigid body object but this idea would only work with using none mesh colliders. Which is fine for the bubble shield effect.

43. hoesterey

hoesterey

Hi,
    HitPower does not seam to have any visible effect on the shader. What effect should I be seeing?

I'm hoping to change the "Size" of the effect based on the damage done by the weapon, should I be looking at hit power or another field?

Thanks!

44. s7

s7

Hey there,

Hit power is the size of the hit spot you see on the shield surface. Check the example scene and theres the keyboard controls which will let you see how it works. Make sure you try the negative and positive values as this is how it works.

Hope this helps!

45. alenmusic

alenmusic

So, purchased FF and one maybe noob question. Why if I set to anything that hits the force field "Is Trigger" shield no longer works? Any way of enabling that trigger objects activate the force field?

46. s7

s7

Hi,

A trigger doesn't register a collision with an incoming Rigidbody. Instead, it sends OnTriggerEnter, OnTriggerExit and OnTriggerStay message when a rigidbody enters or exits the trigger volume.

The thing is the shield has to receive the collision coordinate, thats why it stops working.

You can use an additional primitive collider if you require Trigger events.

Hope this helps!

47. alenmusic

alenmusic

Yes it helps..went that road already.

48. hoesterey

hoesterey

Hi, I'm still not seeing the size of the hit effect change with hit power. I created a youtube video here:

You'll notice the effect looks exactly the same regardless of how high or low my hit power is. I'd expect the "radius" of the hit to change based on the hit power. Am I missing something?
    Thanks.

49. Candescence

Candescence

Is there any way to get this asset to work with skinned meshes? As far as I can tell, they're not supported. I'm asking this because having a shield outline a character's figure rather than be a generic shape would be damn cool.

50. s7

s7

It is not supported. Otherwise you have to update your mesh collider to match with the original deformed mesh which is quite expensive.