Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

does AI have avoiding system ? or they keep pushing each other to reach player ?

2. zenGarden

zenGarden

I would also like ot see how it works with 5 or 10 characters, does they behave correctly and does they use some queue system to only keep few around the player ?

3. Invector

Invector

Since there is several good options for AI in the store, we will keeping focus on the CharacterController for the player and the AI will continue to be a bonus for now ;). This way we have more time to focus on new features, new actions and integrations.

4. Weblox

Weblox

Hi Invector,

Can you confirm any of the AI Packages to work with the Melee Template? I'm also looking for a way to implement Animal or Monsters (non humanoids) into the Project. Thanks a lot. ;)

5. Invector

Invector

I think pretty much any AI could work with our controller, you just need to attach our bridge script vCharacterStandalone so our controller can do damage and use the Lock-On, and to receive damage you could use our vObjectDamage into any collider, and finally creator a simple script to activat/disable this collider when your custom AI is attacking :)

Alexarah likes this.
  6. Steinhyu

Steinhyu

Hi i'm using invector to make npc walk along a path of waypoints in my game.
    On most waypoints everything is fine but on some one ai stay stuck and then all others pile up behind.
    This behaviour doesn't always happen, sometime the ai goes on sometimes it stops. My navmesh is created with the specification from the invector doc.

Do you have any clue on what can cause this behaviour ?

Ps : sorry for my bad english it's not my native language.

7. Weblox

Weblox

Thanks for your quick respond. Right now I'm still learning Unity and integrating different Assets on my own is still above my skillset. However, I'm hoping for an official AI - Asset Integration at some Point, maybe Emerald AI e.g .Thanks a lot.

Invector likes this.
  8. drewradley

drewradley

I've integrated it with AI Behaviors and Behavior Designer pretty easily. It's usually just one or two lines of code for them to get damaged but that's just the most basic of interaction of course.

Weblox, Alexarah and Invector like this.
  9. Weblox

Weblox

Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe at some point there will be a Tutorial. I have Integrated Assets following a proper Tuto before, but figuring out Code changes on my own is still something I have to avoid for now. ;)

10. Invector

Invector

Sure thing! we will focus a little more on integrations after the release of the Shooter. Actually we're already working in parallel on the Adventure Creator integration and it's almost done, after this one I think ICE would be next :)

wood333 and Weblox like this.
  11. Weblox

Weblox

Awesome! That will both be helpful Integrations. I will keep my eyes on this thread not to miss them. Thanks for all your great work. ;)

12. drewradley

drewradley

Well, if you have either of the AI packages I mentioned, I could give you a quick tutorial on the AI taking damage and damaging the player. However this doesn't require that much skill since the code you will need already exists in some format in the packages. I highly recommend you get you code skills up to that level at least before you attempt to make anything more serious than roll-a-ball. If you can't read the code to figure out what the damage and take damage functions are in both packages and figure out how to make them work together, you're pretty much stuck using stock assets. There's nothing wrong with that (there are some great assets!) but you clearly want more than that and it's better to figure these things out than to rely on other developers. I'm a dyslexic artist and I can do that much. :)

Weblox likes this.
  13. Weblox

Weblox

Thnks @drewradley. A basic Tuto for Behavior Designer and/or Emerald AI would be helpful, IF you find the time to go that way. As far as I understand Behavior Designer would enhance existing Behaviors to act more smart, but its NOT a complete AI System in itself (AI vs Behavior Tree). As I am looking mainly for a way to integrate animals and creature AI into my Project Integration for e.g Emerald AI might be better suited.

I totally understand what you are saying here. Reading through the scripts inside my Projects is slowely making more and more sense, also I recently followed some Integration Tutos and started to write my first tiny little scripts. I hope to be on the way, but its still taking some time ... ;)

14. drewradley

drewradley

I don't own Emerald AI and I'll dig up the BD changes I made when I get a chance. But it's just the most basic: find player and attack; take damage when hit and die when killed. I've got Walker Boys AI Behaviors fully integrated with the kit, including stealth and stealth kills.

15. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Do we have any movement on the Shooter front? I try and check in once a month to see how thing's are going. I've finished progress up to linking the controller up to my development console and control systems, and fussing with environmental shenanigans over the past half a year, but I am holding off on combat-everything until I see how you guys integrated it.

16. Invector

Invector

I just finished test the Mobile version yesterday, so I would say that is pretty damn close :D
    Particular happy with the results, I don't like to create hype posting promisses or w.i.p stuff that maybe will be on the final version or not, but there is some impressive stuff that I'm sure you guys will love it :cool:

antoripa likes this.
  17. Invector

Invector

Screenshot Contest Status
    (http://invector.proboards.com/thread/245/invector-fire-storm-contest)

Hey guys, the screenshot contest is still on! ;)

Chronicman is having trouble with his computer, so we're postpone the final date until he comes back.
    Meanwhile you still have time to upload your screenshot, take a look into some of the awesome projects that are being developed with the template:

by xenoblackinc

by rolfy

by dreadlord

by yondaime08

by shadex

pcg, Malbers and Weblox like this.
  18. drewradley

drewradley

Spoke too soon. Forgot I integrated an older version of both. Doesn't work in the new versions.

Weblox likes this.
  19. Weblox

Weblox

No Problem. I have bought BD lately on sale and I 'm trying to get it up and running inside another Project. I got the Integration done, but still have some Issues to solve. :)

Awesome Screens! Dreadlords shot looks so great. ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. Invector

Invector

21. SkullKing

SkullKing

Does the melee combat template inlcude a setup with mouse aiming camera, and free movement while fighting? similar to rune orcs must die 1&2, Thir dperson skyrim, chivalry, and mount and blade?,

22. Invector

Invector

Yep, you can mix several features like: strafe only, free only, free with strafe to combat, lock-on or not
    and the next update will have options like limit to walk while strafe and free movement with lock-on

23. Invector

Invector

Great news guys!

The Shooter Template has just gone GOLD
    (gone gold means that we finish development, and not that is available right now)

It will be available very soon at the [vStore] and we already ship to the asset store, so probably 15~20 days from now.

24. Brian-Ryer

Brian-Ryer

Got my credit card waiting :)

25. jayimagination

jayimagination

I've been so waiting for this :)

26. Invector

Invector

Aaaaaand it's AVAILABLE right now at the [vStore]

Also, first tutorial:

antoripa and drewradley like this.
  27. Weblox

Weblox

Awesome!! ;)

28. drewradley

drewradley

Will it be released on the asset store? If we buy it from the vStore, will you be able to transfer that to the asset store when it is released there? The asset store is so convenient!

29. Invector

Invector

"It will be available very soon at the [vStore] and we already ship to the asset store, so probably 15~20 days from now."

I wrote that on the post with images, and the account can not be transfer.
    the AssetStore is great, but they really take a long time to approve news asset or even updates :/ that's why my inbox is full with requests to upgrade to the vStore in order to receive the Shooter faster.

drewradley likes this.
  30. nproject

nproject

Great!
    If I have Melee Combat Template, Do I have to purchase Shooter Combat Template? If yes, how much?
    Thanks

31. Invector

Invector

We're trying to make all the templates more accessable to everyone, so we lower all the prices to include the Shooter ;)

32. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Looks great man! I'm eagerly awaiting it's appearance on the Asset Store!
    (The wait time is amazing, I'm also struggling thru it.)

Invector likes this.
  33. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Please release a demo that uses the melee and shooting mechanics in 2.5 mode. I'm considering buying specifically for 2.5D and want to see how well it works. Thanks!

34. Invector

Invector

We don't have a 2.5D Shooter Demo yet, this will required another Aim solution but is already on the roadmap :)
    We're currently working on more Integrations right now, starting with Adventure Creator ;)

Weblox and Malbers like this.
  35. Invector

Invector

nproject and Weblox like this.
  36. zenGarden

zenGarden

Nice work. But it lacks one thing, ennemy AI shooter to become as complete as Melee Combat template.

37. Invector

Invector

Weblox and zenGarden like this.
  38. nproject

nproject

39. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Invector ,

I know you are working hard on Integrations right now and I appreciate that a lot. I hope this is the right time to bring up the old topic: Please Go Multiplayer !! :)

Is there a chance you will add native UNET/Photon Multiplayer support to a (near) future update? Like the other User said, this is so much wanted and would make TPC easily the best choice on the Store. ;)

Thanks for all the good work,
    Weblox

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  40. Invector

Invector

We still have a lot of plans to the template, there is many features that we want to add for the controller it self but multiplayer is more complicated subject, mostly because we have almost zero experiencia with. There is some conversations about multiplayer and some users already did this integrations and got it working, I think we will be seeing multiplayer integrations by users soon at the vForum. But one step at the time, we will get there eventually ;).

Weblox likes this.
  41. makotospecter

makotospecter

Please Fixed Axis , UI Rpg, And Jump

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  42. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

That is awesome news on the Rewired integration!

I know @guavaman will like this too.

Based on the invector proboards forum thread. You are only mapping the XBOX-360 controller and not the dual analog gamepad template. You should map the Dual Analog Gamepad Template and that you can handle all of the gamepads easily and only have to map once to cover all of them.

See this URL for more information on the Dual Analog Gamepad Template.

http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/ControllerMaps.html#controller-templates

Invector likes this.
  43. wetfiregames

wetfiregames

I see the Shooter Template was approved on asset store, awesome. I thought there was going to be an upgrade path, but looks like its just $75 straight up. Let me know.

f1chris likes this.
  44. Invector

Invector

Looks like you lost your InputMapping settings, perhaps you override with another complete project?
    About the jump, in the last version v2.1a we use the follow values:
    Jump Timer: 0.3f
    Jump Forward: 3
    Jump Height: 4
    and the custom add-on RPG Pack was not design by us, the creator is having trouble with his computer and when he get back he will update the add-on to work with 2.1+

I just create the upgrade choice, take a look again ;)

45. Invector

Invector

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    LudiKha, Malbers and drewradley like this.
  46. drewradley

drewradley

NICE! I know what I'm doing today!

Malbers and Invector like this.
  47. makotospecter

makotospecter

its right, but result Failed edit input, But Can Be Disable "Vinput or vinputtype" Permanently in script

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  48. drewradley

drewradley

Hey everyone. Here are instructions on getting guns to work with an inventory system that instantiates a prefab on an equipment mount. I use it with ORK. If you saw the one I posted yesterday before deleting, I discovered another issue that needed fixing. I've fixed that and here are the steps:

First create new script called "GunControl" and attach it to all the gun prefabs:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using Invector;
    5. using Invector.ItemManager;
    6. using Invector.CharacterController;
    8. public class GunControl : MonoBehaviour {
    9.     vShooterManager shooter;
    10.     // Use this for initialization
    11.     void Start () {
    12.         shooter = GetComponentInParent<vShooterManager>();
    13.         shooter.SetRightWeapon(this.gameObject);
    14.     }
    16.     // Update is called once per frame
    18. }
    Then edit "vControlAimCanvas": Copy and paste the entire start function and rename it "reStart".
    Under "public void SetWordPosition(Vector3 wordPosition, bool validPoint = true)" (around line 110) add
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (cc == null) reStart();
    Let me know if you have any issues with it and sorry if any of you managed to get the bad one yesterday before I removed it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Weblox likes this.
  49. Invector

Invector

I don't quite understand the question... can you try again please?

@drewradley did you manage to integrate the template with ORK? if so can you share your experience with us? we're looking into integrations and here is the list so far (we test most of the assets and some integrations are made by users, others by the developer of the asset)

Integrations:
    - Playmaker
    - Adventure Creator
    - Final IK
    - Emerald AI
    - Rewired
    - ICE Creature Control
    - Cinemachine
    - DestroyIt
    - EasySave2
    - DK UMA
    - Horse Animset Pro
    - plyGame
    - Gaia
    - Morph 3D
    - And more coming!

Malbers, jayimagination and Weblox like this.
  50. drewradley

drewradley

I'm still working out some of the issues with ORK and a lot of what I do is specific to my project. Most of what I have done I have shared here such as the gun and the melee instructions I posted earlier.

Here's the script I'm using to set the TPC health and stamina as ORK status values:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using ORKFramework;
    5. using ORKFramework.Behaviours;
    6. using Invector;
    7. using Invector.CharacterController;
    9. public class ORKBridge : MonoBehaviour {
    10.     public Combatant me;
    11.     public vThirdPersonController tpc;
    12.     // Use this for initialization
    13.     void Start () {
    15.     }
    17.     // Update is called once per frame
    18.     void Update () {
    19.         if (me == null)
    20.         {
    21.             me = ComponentHelper.GetCombatant(gameObject);
    22.             if (me == null) return;
    23.         }
    24.         if (tpc == null)
    25.         {
    26.             tpc = GetComponent<vThirdPersonController>();
    27.             if (tpc == null) return;
    28.             me.Status[0].SetBaseValue((int)tpc.maxHealth);
    29.             me.Status[2].SetBaseValue((int)tpc.maxStamina);
    30.         }
    32.         me.Status[1].SetValue((int)tpc.currentHealth,false,true,false,false,false,false);
    34.         me.Status[3].SetValue((int)tpc.currentStamina,false,false,false,false,false,false);
    35.     }
    36. }
    The only other thing I have done thus far is to change several of your codes to include:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using ORKFramework;
    2. using ORKFramework.Behaviours;
    and (in various Update functions)
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  if (ORK.Control.InEvent || ORK.Control.InMenu || ORK.Control.Blocked)
    2.         {
    3.             return;
    4.         }
    But that only works properly if the player isn't moving.

I have yet to set it up to use ORK abilities and whatnot. If I want the player to cast a fireball, I just create a "gun" and call it a spell focus or something and they have to equip it like a gun. So I still have a ways to go before I'd call it fully integrated but I will certainly share everything I do and you have my permission to include any scripts I post here in your own integrations.

Invector likes this.