Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.1 offline not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by daxiongmao, Jul 15, 2017.

1. daxiongmao

daxiongmao

I am unable to run in offline mode. I did a manual activation of my license to see if that would help but it doesn't.

If I disable my internet connections it will recognize its as offline and i can get into unity.

As soon as i reconnect it prompts again for the login. I enter my account it, waits and says work offline. I choose work offline. The window closes and then another opens again. This happens constantly.

I am currently in China and it seems the login server is not available.
    I did not have these issues previously on 5.6.

Basically its not possible to use 2017 now. As being disconnected from the internet is not really an option.

RalphWeis likes this.
  2. CyanSlinky

CyanSlinky

Offline is also not working for me on 2017.1, when i open unity when there's no internet it simply shows an empty window and i cant select any projects or anything. hopefully this is not intended and will be fixed soon?

Aidan_Leeuw075 likes this.
  3. David-Kamunyu

David-Kamunyu

I've also ran into the same problem i.e. when I start Unity without a net connection it prompts me to work offline, however after clicking the button, I end up with an empty window same as @CyanSlinky.

A simple workaround for now is to open the scene you are working on directly from Windows Explorer. This way you'll be able to keep working on you project instead of having to rollback.

4. salihkallai

salihkallai

Same problem here, empty window, Cant choose project

Attached Files:

5. Srki94

Srki94

Same here. I lost internet connection two times in the past two days and I couldn't work on my projects due to the issue described.

Is there a way to force offline mode or somehow avoid launcher while opening the projects?

Edit :
    I tried to open the recent project from the context menu in the taskbar, but that still starts the Launcher.

6. Arkaid

Arkaid

Same here. It's broken D:

7. DrunkReaperMatt

DrunkReaperMatt

Why isn't it working?

EDIT:

Removing the licence files from the programdata folder and redoing the activation process, the launcher should be able to work now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. RalphWeis

RalphWeis

Doesn't work for me :(. The launcher still show blank instead of giving me the work offline option if i block it with firewall.

Either let unity access their server or turn off your wifi. Opening the scene workaround works though

9. DrunkReaperMatt

DrunkReaperMatt

That's just my own solution that seemed to work.

10. OtakuD

OtakuD

Just had this issue today.... Oops

11. S_Winx

S_Winx

The computer is completely disconnected from the network (no network cable is connected, Wi-Fi is turned off):

1. At the first start, right after the splash screen, an empty window appears, in which there should be a list of projects.
    2. When I close the window and start Unity again, the window will show the button for going offline, but it does not work.
    3. And only after the next closing of the window and restart runs as expected - the switch button works and a list of projects appears.
    (bugreport send)

12. prasadxna

prasadxna

13. Zuius

Zuius

I had the same problem and after restarting Unity it worked :)

Hope that helps.

14. Maddy27

Maddy27

Still facing same issue
    upload_2017-8-15_15-3-35.png

15. Fabian-Haquin

Fabian-Haquin

When your computer is connected to a network without internet, it seems that Unity just wait for internet to come without giving the choice to work offline.

Try to disconnect from your network by unplugging the cable/disabling your network and relaunch Unity, it should work.