Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.1.0f3 SyncListStruct Issue

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jick87, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Jick87

Jick87

I'm attempting to use almost the exact code found here, but am having an issue with the editor freezing up in 2017.1.0f3.

It seems to be related to derived classes. If I have some code like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public SyncListStruct<PlayerState> playerStateHistory = new SyncListStruct<PlayerState>();
    Everything is ok (well, except for the UNetWeaver error, which is why I'm even trying to use the derived variant). But if I instead have code like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public SyncListPlayerState playerStateHistory = new SyncListPlayerState();
    When I save the file and go back to the Unity editor the loading spinner shows in the status bar for a second and then the whole Unity editor freezes and I have to end the task and restart.

(Just assume the presence of the other required code like the class declaration, etc. I left that out for brevity. I would get some other kind of error if that was the cause. It all comes down to the line above. If I change it out with the first example the freezing issue goes away, after a restart of Unity.)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it a known issue? I think I saw something related on the Issue Tracker somewhere, but it was closed as fixed in 2017.1, so perhaps it is not the same issue?

Thanks!

Deleted User likes this.