Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2017.1.0f1 - Problem with new NavMesh Components

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by Reedmand, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Reedmand

Reedmand

Hello. I'm using new High-Level API NavMesh Components in my project. Previously my project has been on 5.6.2f1 version, today i was upgrade it to 2017.1.0f1 and notice that NavMesh Agents won't interact with NavMesh Surface - Debug Log shows "SetDestination" error. I tried to rebuild NavMesh several times and this is don't provide any results. But if i create new scene within 2017.1.0 and then build NavMesh via NavMesh Surface then NavMesh Agents works properly. As I understood the problem observed with scenes from previous versions of Unity. Is there a solution for this situation? Thanks.

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

We have a severe bug in f1 - which is fixed in f2 - where agents are not mapping correctly to navmesh surface instances. It could be causing the problem you see.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Reedmand,
    To be on the safe side, could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case so we can check? Please reply in here with the case # if you do.

4. Reedmand

Reedmand

Thanks for your reply, I will wait f2

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'm using the new navmesh components I downloaded from github. Is this still the recommended approach?

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Our planned packaging distribution/deployment system isn't going to expand to cover our github projects for another version or two. It's in the works though.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Alright, it's just I now depend on Unity's new navmesh so I just need to be told where to get at the latest and greatest :)

8. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Yeah, now over in the 2017.2 beta forum that just opened, our new package manager initial steps are to get there. However, we're not supporting our navmesh package quite yet. (and all the needed UI, etc to make it easy to see updates exist, etc.)