Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[20% madness sale] Renderator v 1.06

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kamil_Reich, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Fair price?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2016.
  1. 10$

28.6%
  2. 15$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 20$

42.9%
  4. 25$

28.6%
  1. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Version 1.02 finished, soon in asset store, so for now changes on video:

2. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Version 1.02 is in asset store :)

3. Weisse

Weisse

Hello again, i done a test trailer and how you can see, its littlebit laggy. I need 60 or 30 FPS, without lags.
    What im doing wrong ? Please help.

4. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, it looks like it's time for version 1.03 :) But if you need it now just change variable in lines 163 and 185 to give your pc more time than lowest possible which may give lag as we can see. Here is video with value changed to 500:

I gave it some trash script to make lags and I had them but in modified version they disappeared. Please let me know if this works for you.

5. Weisse

Weisse

It helps dude, thank you!
    Anyway, im watiting for tutorial about the best way to merge all images into video.

6. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Good to know everything is clear :)
    Here is tutorial:

And result video from tutorial:

I also adde version 1.03 to asset store for review, should be soon :)

7. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Version 1.03 is already in asset store :)

8. Braza

Braza

Will the audio be added to the video as well if it is present inthe scene?
    What output formats do you support?

9. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

ATM not supporting audio, png files 24 bits.

10. tonisillanpaa

tonisillanpaa

Hi there!

What an amazing asset! Really pleased with the quality & ease odf use. Totally recommend!

One question, I am trying to do a video using SALSA 3D with random Eyes and need to figure out a way to trigger the animation so that renderator pro captures the animation. Any ideas?

11. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, you may use any trigger way you want - OnTriggerEnter, animations, script. that's no matter, it will work. I saw video about SALSA, it's real time, am I right? In that way you need to record it to animation or take rotation values via script for those bones, save them and load them in next gameplay. in that way you will be able to render this into higher resolution :)
    You may try this:
    https://github.com/newyellow/Unity-Runtime-Animation-Recorder
    I didn't test it.

12. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Christmas sale :) from 20$ to 14$

13. Mark_T

Mark_T

Unity 5.5.0f3, Renderator Free downloaded today, renderator_suzi scene= "Failed to store screen shot"
    I was curious to see how it works, maybe I go for the payed version.
    One question. Can I render a sequence of materials and output one frame for each material?

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  14. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Thanks, really no one get it before :) Well my mistake, but solution is simple, just replace lines 33 and 53 to this:
    Application.CaptureScreenshot(path+"/Render"//pathtofolderwithrendersandfirtspartofthename(Render)
    That's for free version mistake. If your model isn't moving you may write script to change material via button press and use free version to get those renders. If you need help to integrate it with pro version just let me know.

15. Mark_T

Mark_T

Yep, that fixed the issue. Thanks!

16. Mark_T

Mark_T

Sent you a PM. I thought it`s better to ask first instead of just buying it.

17. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, I get e-mail notification when get PM but I'm not able to use pc all day, mostly on evenings :)
    You have respond on PM :)

18. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

With conversation on PM we found bug. If you are using unity 5.4 or newer resolution may not be exactly what you want. just change line 138 from this:
    V.height=R.height+R.y;
    to this:
    V.height=R.height+Mathf.Floor((R.y+R.x)/2)-1;
    I will update this ASAP to asset store, then script will recognize unity version and set it rght up :)

19. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Just to let you know we have added Renderator PRO to AssetStoreDeals.com.

When you have other sales, you can add them to this website yourself simply by pasting the link to your asset in the designated area.

Best of luck to you with this sale!

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  20. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Thanks, nice site, added to bookmarks :)
    Added also my two other assets.

21. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Which are the other two assets on sale, and what was their price prior to the sale?
    For the assets that are on sale, it would be helpful if you added a line to their descriptions so that it is clear that the assets are on sale, and how much they have been reduced in price.
    Good luck on your Christmas sales!

22. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

I will remember next time to add in description :)
    1. https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/christmas-sale-professional-flashlight.268738/ from 15$ to 8$.
    2. https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/c...tem-released-limited-time-30-discount.397256/ At start price was 50$, reduced in days to 35$, now on sale is 20$.

23. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

Hi I got an error using Ren Pro version 1.01 with unity 5.4 then the game view is totally blank. Stopping the game then re inserting game window to the editor didn't help. The camera preview is normal in scene and now even after removing the script from the camera and rebooting unity I still get nothing on camera in game.
    Game runs since I hear audio but totally blank (grey) screen.
    Any idea how to rectify this or avoid it again? It's been a brilliant asset up to now and probably something stupid I did but really need help rescuing my project!

24. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Joe-Faith, have you tried this one?
    Do you get any messages in console?

25. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
    The original error message which happened when I started the render with game screen pulled out of the editor as per instructions said something like : ! game screen outside of acceptable position, must be 0,0,0
    So I put it back in the normal place and removed the script but Since then it's just grey.
    I haven't got Ren Pro script attached to anything now so I don't think the changes above will change anything. I have updated now to ver. 1.03 for future use.
    Now there is no error message in game play but just blank grey.

26. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

On first site, there was also problem, try to turn off anti alliasing (settings and via script).

27. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

ok tried that but no change. Just to be clear the grey screen is in normal play mode just not when using the script for rendering.
    Is it possible that there is a residual change made by renderator ver 1.01 which even after removing the script has altered some settings or scripts somewhere?
    I originally added ver 1.01 to my first person character camera, I wonder if this is the problem? perhaps I'll try removing the FPC and reinstating a new one from standard assets.
    Once again, any other ideas you have would be appreciated since I really want to use this great asset again after some great results in the past.

28. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @Joe_Faith, sorry for not responding, well Christmas time :)
    Script do some changes in time depends on framerate you set up, but they are made in play mode so they got back while quit play mode. It's working only if turned on when starting playing.
    May you post here (or PM) some screenshots or video with grey screen and settings (player, quality, etc)?
    Asset do nothing to other assets, everything should run ok, reinstalling other assets are unnnecessary.
    It's rendering on camera where you put script.

29. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 2.11.38 PM.png

Attached Files:

30. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

hi, no probs hope you had a good one :) I have posted the player and quality settings above as well as a zipped short vid capture of the grey screen in game where you can also see the scene before hand and the first person character inspector where you can see there is no renderator script anymore.

Attached Files:

31. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

32. volomrey

volomrey

Hi!

Really cool asset, but has one issue preventing me from easy importing the sequence in Premiere Pro.

The script saves each frame with name Render_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS_NNNNN, which I find really annoying, cause each frame has different name, when only frame number should change. Hope it'll be fixed, because Premiere Pro won't load sequence correctly if frames are not named the same with changing numbers at the end...

Actually I can edit naming by myself, but I think it'll be better if frames named correctly 'out of the box'...

33. Joe-Faith

Joe-Faith

Solved. Thanks for those links.
    Simply had to reset the widows layout to factory settings using the layout tab top right corner of editor in case anyone else has this problem.

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  34. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @maxocklze, in lines 160-164 and 189-193 is code to add name into renders. Everything is commented and explained, if you don't want part of name just take an line into comments.
    Good to know :)

35. jaraen

jaraen

Hi,

I just bought this asset which, and I wasn't really happy about what I got, but I would like to share my comments first, as for what I've read later the author is willing to improve and support it.

First, conforming to the description "Renderator PRO allows you to create videos of your game". As the free version promises that "allows you to create screenshots", I immediately supposed that the pro version was actually doing precisely what it says it does: capture game camera and store as a video file. I was very disappointed when I saw that it only captures png files that I have to mount with some 3rd party software. I think this description is confusing and misleading, so I would suggest to include a better and more precise description in the store, explaining how it works.

Image size does not work correctly when using retina displays. Image result in double of the size. Setting it to 800x600 results in pictures of 1600x1200. Not a big issue, I can just set it to half of the needed size, but would be good to detect from code though.

In general, I was expecting some more options to control the recording. I.e. buttons to start/stop recording in the editor and/or some public methods (start() / stop()) so we could call the script from other components. Setting the length to record is not always the best approach, as could happen that you need more time or you don't want to start recording as soon as you press play.

Also, as suggestion, while attaching the script to the camera is ok, I think passing the camera as a public var would make the script more powerful. This would allow to have several cameras and to record only the active one updating the script with this cam.

Please take this comment with the best of the intentions. I think with some improvements, it could be a great asset and you could ask way more for it, but still needs some love ;)

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  36. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Thanks for suggestions, I will update desription if this is confusing.
    May you give me your screen resolution? And when you resize game window manually to max? And unity version?
    I may do something like in free version, where you press key from keyboard to take one, here could be to start/stop taking sequence.
    That's secondly :) Firstly bug fixed, because we catched some here :)
    Later I will work on many cameras if you need it.

37. bhengst

bhengst

Hi,
    how can I get PNGs with alpha-channel? Unfortunately there is no how to description in your manual or anywhere else. At least I didn’t find any. Thanks for help...

38. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi,
    It's in manual called "Little tip". Last page on PRO version and 2 page on free version.

39. jaraen

jaraen

My screen resolution is 2560x1600 and Unity version is 5.4.1f1. I send you an screenshot where you can see my game view stats and renderator pro component, I hope it helps.

One more suggestion for the wish list ;), would be great to be able to select also JPG format and compression/quality, although maybe it affects performance... but that's something I can easily do modifying the script anyway

Attached Files:

40. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, I'm waiting for approve new version which automaticly recognize unity version. Sice 5.4 something happened with Game window. ATM use this solution.

41. jaraen

jaraen

And I was about to modify the script by myself and I was really really surprised by the low quality of the code... :(

Having var names like mnoznikRozdzielczosci or czasPomiędzyRenderami in polish (or any other language not english) is an ugly practice, but having a var called just "blabla" or functions called "kakao" and "makao" is definitely a no go. :(

You honestly should not charge for this script. Share it, open source it or whatever you want, but pretending to make money as is it's, IMHO, an offense to many other developers selling top quality assets in the store.

42. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, I'm always giving weird names to some variables (easier to remember) but everything is commented what is going on. It's looks like simple solution here but it took time to refactor and I made some progress than you cannot find on internet so i won't give it for free (correct game widnow size; taking sequence without lags, bugs, graphic issues; working on every pc may just run unity).

43. jaraen

jaraen

Unfortunately that does not make you a better developer, and probably you're too young or too unexperienced to realize that your words does not make any sense. You may thing that it's not my business, but accept a suggestion: use meaningful var names and you won't have to comment so much. Best code is the one you can just read and adding more text does not make it better commented. Weird names are in *no way* easier to remember, not for you not for anybody.

There are hundred of books and links about how to write better code (this is a good one). Just to mention some online resource, have a look to first tip here.

It's fair that you pretend to earn money with your work, there's nothing wrong with that. My suggestion is that you provide not only a working-for-you solution, but also quality in what you sell and how it's done. The way your code it's done would not pass any exam, any evaluation nor any code review by _any_ professional developer. You can ignore me or listen and try to do it better, it's your choose.

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  44. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, I will update them with new version (start/stop functions), ATM I'm waiting to accept "bug fixes" version.
    I bought one book for unity and I wasn't happy. Since that moment I was learning everything from internet. Thanks for links.

45. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Bugs removed on update, both version.
    New feature to free version, now you can easier modify path to save, like in pro version :)

46. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Pro version has been updated to 1.05: renamed variables.

47. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

HI @jaraen, just added start/stop funcion to script so you can use multiple times in one gameplay, just prees key from keyboard :) soon in asset store. If disabled it's working like old one, hovewer if this is true just remember to set up length to high values, if current frame reach total frame it will quit.

48. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Version 1.06 is in asset store, I'm living Christmas sale price for now :)

49. mk1978

mk1978

I have been testing the free version so far and I really like the simplicity of the asset. One quick question. I am not getting any shadows in my terrain. Is it so that I will not be able to render shadows with this tool?

After testing it seems that shadows just dissapear when hitting play. In editor the shadows are still visible. Anyway, this is also the case when renderator is not used. It seems that something happened when I imported the package.

EDIT: Problem solved. The reason for above problem was actually shadow distance settings. It seems that the problem was caused when renderator was imported and shadow distance settings were set to default.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Kamil_Reich likes this.
  50. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi, problem may be when import all whole packcage, when actually you need only script. Maybe I need to put it into script, not systems :( Anyway, good to know you have solved the problem :)