Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cube - No way in... One way out

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by The Cube, Jan 29, 2013.

1. The Cube

The Cube

Note - This first post will be updated soon and only contains basic information right know due to very early development on the project, whats this project, the story, game features and screenshots will be updated

Where on IndieDB - http://bit.ly/VwuHbv

No way in, but one way out, if there is a way out but not in are you really in the cube in the first place ?
    or are out all ready out ?

The Cube, is a puzzle, horror, sci fi and mystery game i'm working on, I'm trying to make this game feel like no other. The idea for this game is to take puzzle games to the next level (this game is in VERY early development right now and there is not much to show)

Your in a place like no other, in a room you have never seen, with some cloths you have never put on...
    looking around for away out of this room you seem to be in, before stumbling on a button what moves the wall and finds a mine you enter hopping to see the day of light, but an evil is keeping in theses wall you are you in and won't let you out, you must fight because there is no way in... but one way out of this cube.

Coming Soon.​

(remember this is very early development (Cheek lates post for more screenshots))

Thank you for taking your time in reading my post on the game and would love feed back tell me what you like, don't like, what you think i should add or remove.

I hope you have a good day or night (depending on where you are in the world when you read this).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

This is a pretty good start! My only criticism from the graphical end: the lighting looks especially flat in the bottom screenshot.

3. Sean Hall

Sean Hall

Amazing work for early development, looks really good so far. Going to be following this, looks really promising.

4. roger0

roger0

the concept sounds interesting. I think it would be more dramatic if the phrase was ''no way in, no way out''. There might be a way out but maybe the entity overseeing you does not know about it either. Unless they are playing some sort of game with you.

5. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

OMG roger... You gave me the next big gameidea and don't know it... No joke. Man, don't write such stuff! lol. I'll pm you when I really do that idea.

6. The Cube

The Cube

Thank you all for your comments, and Python Blue the lighting is not fully done and the last one the lights are triggered by the player.

7. SteveJ

SteveJ

How can there be no way in... if you're in there?

8. The Cube

The Cube

someone is smart, yes how can there be no way in but one way out ? if you're all ready in there

9. kalamona

kalamona

10. The Cube

The Cube

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  11. The Cube

The Cube

No way in, but one way out, if there is a way out but not away in, are you really in the cube in the first place ?
    or are you all ready out ?

Update Coming 31/1/13

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  12. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

very interesting idea. bravo. I will be watching this with great interest. keep up the great work :)

13. The Cube

The Cube

Thank you for you comment and your interest in our project.

14. The Cube

The Cube

Hello Unity Forum's,

We have remade the first level in the cube to make it feel more real along with this we have remade the character (player) from the ground up to work to fell more smooth and realistic, We will now be working on out side the first level and continue on from there.

We will keep you posted as the new comes.

15. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

Looking MUCH better, now! The lighting is much more dynamic in these screenshots. Well done so far!

16. The Ghost

The Ghost

This is looking really good so far, and had an interesting premise as well. Keep it up.

17. The Cube

The Cube

Hello Unity Forums,

Here is a quick update with some screen shots of whats out side the room.

18. Sean Hall

Sean Hall

Really nice. This just gets better and better, are you making this on your own?

19. The Cube

The Cube

Thank you for your comment and yes i'm making this on my own, so it may take time for the game to be finished ^ ^ but i don't want to rush this project.

Have a nice day / night.

20. The Cube

The Cube

Hello Unity Forums,

Secret passage can you find them all ? Some could be a parth leading to somewhere new or a door that now can be opened or a cubit with a secret passage within, some are easy to find them others but can you find them all and find out whats beyond them ?

21. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

I like the detail on the plants. Good progress! :)

22. virror

virror

This looks very interesting! I like the idea of very different types of rooms so you will never know what to expect next : )

23. The Cube

The Cube

Hello Unity Forums community,

Here it is, a small Pre Alpha look at the game. This is not much but soon a full trailer is coming your way till then here is the Alpha Trailer for The Cube.

Thank you for your time,
    Happy Gaming.

24. The Cube

The Cube

New Update coming soon !

25. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

Not bad! I regret to say I have no speakers at the moment, so I can't listen to whatever audio is there. However, graphically, it looks very good. My only complaint is that the red text (which is pretty subtle) takes rather long to fade in and out, which, then again, has nothing to do with the game progress itself.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  26. The Cube

The Cube

Thank you for your comment and about the fade in and out, the raw video's fades are faster then what you see in the video, i don't know why that happend if that a youtube problem or something but for some reason when i upload it to youtube it makes the video slower.

Have a nice day.

27. getafix99

getafix99

Wow, I swear I thought about making a game like this after seeing Peter's iOS cube game (the game player dig the cube and 1 winner gets to know the secret - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b72HoQSQmEk)
    since I saw it I wanted to steal his idea and make a horror/puzzle multilplayer game where players solve puzzle and avoid traps inside a huge cube, and the winner who gets out get $1000 or something and then the cube resets and it begins all over again.

If you make it like this it's my 2cent it can be the next big thing, if not I might make it like this one day and I'll win all the glory :)

28. The Cube

The Cube

Thats a weird but unique game idea, so do you know if anyone found out what the secret is ?

29. getafix99

getafix99

I don't think anyone got inside it yet, they designed it so players need to clear each outer layer of the cube in order to get to the next layer, each player have certain amount of energy that refills like facebook games, and you can buy better equipment and more energy with real money.

I can see why it's appealing as a casual iOs game for most people and it's nice to just dig your share of some cubes everyday for a chance to know the "secret", but between us we know that this "secret" is bullshit just playing on people curiosity (like the game name) to make them come back and maybe spend some money, good time killer in general but a massive marketing game (not that there's anything wrong with that).

few problems with his game that I think my idea is better
    1.gameplay (basically none)
    2.what happens after someone discovered the secret? game over. in my idea the winner gets actual money/prize and another round begins.

30. The Cube

The Cube

Hello unity3d Forum Community,

A big new update for you all on The Cube. I have done some changes to Room 1,2,3,4 and 5 (theses rooms are in level 1 (the first level rooms are not that big compared to later levels)) I have also started working on Level 2 witch is called "The Cube Room - the door way to everywhere" This level may take some time to complete since it's a big one and i'm the only one working on the game, i will keep you updated with that map as it comes along.

Some Voice acting for level one will start tomorrow then after that is done a level one sneak peek trailer will be coming your way.

The polt (story) of the game is being improved and i will update the main page (summary page) once that is done. That is all for now and will keep you updated as it comes.

Now why not some new screen shots ?

Thank you for taking your time in reading my post.

31. virror

virror

Demo! : D
    Looks very mysterious ; )

32. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

What virror said!

My only concern: why are there crosshairs a la a shooter game in most of these screenshots?

33. The Cube

The Cube

Thank you for your comment. We will have a pre alpha playable demo coming very soon along with the level 1 trailer.

34. The Cube

The Cube

35. Cheburek

Cheburek

this game looks very interesting and unique!
    But "one way in and no way out" sounds more menacing imo :)

36. virror

virror

Any news??