Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Craft, build, SURVIVE.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LeoSalles, Jan 21, 2013.

1. LeoSalles

LeoSalles

Here is a game is that is all about survival, how would you survive if the society had crumble? Would you build a shelter, arm yourself, use science, uncover the history or hide in a hole? All of this should be possible for the player to choose, not to be tied to classes or to a skill tree but only by pure choice, of course there is a development of your skills but they won't restrict what you can do.
    For now there is no backstory or plot, but it will have.

The main features, up until now, are:

Craft
    Pick items and craft however you want, of course not every craft is functional, you can't put a lamp in a hammer and expect it to emit light. For now crafting is tied to nodes, you can only connect them, in the future you will be able to attach them in the available surfaces.

Build

Pick items and place them where you'd like, want to barricade the doors? Do it, because doors can break.

Breakable scenario

Doors, windows, fences they can all be broken by force.

One of the main objectives of this project is to be very moddable, any user should be able to create his own addons for the game by filling a file and making a model, and if he wants to he can also make his functions for the items he makes through C# programming. The other is to give the feeling of "I've made it through the day/night"! Imagine something in the line of Project Zomboid meets Garry's mod. In the current state is only easy to make items for the developer, I will make the config files soon.
    This is a project I've been working on for about a month now, including learning how unity works, I was only used to only work with Java and basic OpenGL programming, so at first it was a bit of a challenge, I'm was only worried with gameplay and features so that is why there is no good models or surroundings.

Level developers, texture designers and 3D modelers are needed for the project to come true. A friend of mine is currently helping me but we really need a bigger team. And if any good programmer also wants to help please send me a PM. I'll work on a semi-random world generator for placing items and buildings on the world, so it will take a lot of time for it to be done

I'd like to say Thanks to burgzergarcade for their excellent tutorials and BTM for the fracture script which I adapted to c#, if anyone want it send me a PM.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. roger0

roger0

It looks like an interesting project. I'll definitely follow the progress. is it a mmo or multiplayer game?

3. LeoSalles

LeoSalles

It will have multiplayer LAN based.

4. NitroDiesel

NitroDiesel

I want it:D

5. Samuel411

Samuel411

The ideas sound great, but the videos are unavailable. Also if you are looking for team members post on collab or commercial work topic.