Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

error (0xE800003A) - Application Verification Failed

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by marcotronic, Nov 25, 2008.

1. marcotronic

marcotronic

Hi folks,

I´m unity iPhone owner now and I have spend several hours to get the Unity Remote App compiled and deployed to my iPhone and still haven´t managed to do so.

I have obviously done all which is needed beforehand. Created and installed that certificate, created an App ID and a Provisioning Profile for that and installed that profile to my iPhone via the organizer. I have also copied the App ID into the appropriate "Properties" tab -> Identifier. In the "Build" tab I´ve setup the correct Code Signing Identity.

I have even tried to do this whole process a couple of times with fresh/new App IDs and Prov. Profiles but I always get the following error message when XCode tries to install the Remote App on my iPhone:

error (0xE800003A) - Application Verification Failed

I have changed the Base SDK to iPhone OS 2.2 and tried to release that whole stuff for "Device - 2.2 / Release" (I have installed OS 2.2 on my iPhone and also downloaded and installed the latest SDK for 2.2)

Have I forgotten something? Please help me - I have no ideas anymore what to do...

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Marco

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

3. marcotronic

marcotronic

Thanks, I have already seen this thread but wanted to avoid a complete formatting of my iPhone. :) Is it possible to rename the "Unity Remote" App? Or is Unity looking for an app with that exact name when it wants to do all that remote stuff? (What would I have to rename then exactly?) Sorry, but I´m totally new to all that (got my first IMac ever today and bought unity a couple of hours ago...

Thanks again,
    Marco

4. marcotronic

marcotronic

Now I´ve completely formatted my iPhone as suggested in the above mentioned thread. Unfortunately my error is still the same. This is really annoying...

Any other ideas? I´m still not able to deploy the Unity remote project to my iphone.

Marco :cry:

5. Jehsup

Jehsup

I am having the same error and could really use some help as well. This has been a LONG fruitless day.

Interestingly if I create a completely generic developer profile with wildcard, as so. ".*" ( a couple of other dev guys do this for iphone here at work and works like a peach), I can build and install anything on my iphone including Unity Remote, (with bundle identifier unchanged in its project i.e. still com.unity3d.UnityRemote, but when I set player prefs for the wildcard bundle identifier in unity editor to match and build, it never works. It doesn't like it.

On the other hand changing unity remotes project bundle identifier to com.21csi.gamename and unity editor player prefs to match, the remote WONT install on device (gives error causing this original post), and unity throws errors that bundle identifiers dont match.

So just to be straight, even if this works as intented, do you have to change the bundle identifier for unity remote project in xcode(and the provisioning profile to match your com.company.app) AND the unity editor player prefs every time you build a new application in unity iphone?

6. Jehsup

Jehsup

Something very strange is going on indeed. Out of the blue with xcode unity remote bundle ident, my provisioning profile name matching same, and my unity editor bundle ident set to same, it worked out of the clear blue sky on 3rd attempt AFTER restarting xcode, ipod, and unity3d. I even got the rolling ball example to show up ONCE in the unity remote, but was horribly slow, ball disappeared, ipod inputs werent coming through etc.

Since that single success, however, Unity remote is stuck at the "Waiting For Game View" screen, and wont connect to my game again.

Very frustrating. Any ideas why sometimes it works and sometimes it wouldnt? FYI it seems like XCode is a huge steaming pile of donkey doo. It wont track changes made to project for a couple of minutes or more it seems. And have to restart it constantly. Dont want to hear an apple developer gripe about MSVC again....geez.

7. marcotronic

marcotronic

Hi guys,
    hoooorrrray!!! :D I was able to resolve my issue now.

I created a new App ID but this time I just used an asterisk "*" as bundle identifier. Apple themselves state in their how-to: "For iPhone OS 2.0 development, use a wild-card App ID for all of your applications." - so I thought this might be a good idea for iPhone OS 2.2, too. I created a new Prov. Profile with this App ID, downloaded and installed it on my iphone, deleted the old ones. In the XCode project I literally used "anything" as identifier and it suddenly worked like a charm. The unity remote app was installed on my iPhone and I could see the example app in unity on my iPhone.

What a beautiful day 8)

Marco

8. morto

morto

I have been fighting with the same problem for days now!

but ur solution did solve it :D thx alot!!!

9. marcotronic

marcotronic

Nice to hear that, you´re welcome... :)

Marco

10. jooeess

jooeess

same here, been having the same problem since yesterday and your solution did the trick, thanks!

11. Arrakis

Arrakis

I just had to add a second device and the nightmare began all over again!
    So I went back to the forums and found your solution.
    I am a happy man now.
    I will sleep tonight! :)
    Thanks

12. marcotronic

marcotronic

cool! 8)
    Marco

13. mehware

mehware

rarrr this error popped up for me :( I am updating an application so I can't just create a new provisioning profile.

14. sharmoni

sharmoni

Had the same problem. Found the solution here: http://blog.sumin.us/archives/tag/applicationverificationfailed

For the Identifier under Target Info/Properties

put
    Code (csharp):
    1. com.domainname.appname
    instead of
    Code (csharp):
    1. XXXXXXXX.com.domainname.appname
    The Apple generated numbers from the Provisioning Profile break the verification process.

If you use that correct naming convention for the IPhone Bundle Identifier in Unity Project Settings/Player Settings, it will be correct for the project in Xcode.