Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Fury

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Loden_Heathen, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Web site
    On Facebook
    On Google +
    On BeHance
    Steam: Greenlight
    Indie DB

There are a couple of demos available on the "Web site" under the [URL="http://projectfury.webs.com/media]Media[/URL] section and details on the game through the site. The general concept is the that the player will play as a rookie ship captain in a galaxy on the brink of civil war; the player may choose through decisions in the game which faction/s to support or may create there own faction.

Game play however is more about the space shooter experience. At current I have the traditional top down kind of view and have plans for a fleet system where the player may build a fleet up to join them on missions. I also have designs for "on-rails" type missions which are a bit more fast paced. Aside from the missions there are a few elements of empire building depending on how the player chooses to go about it; you through missions can take control of sectors which may unlock additional fleet, ship or faction options/upgrades.

Check on the sites and let me know what you think; I still have a long ways to go on the project and welcome any feedback.

The Faction Logo concept:

A screen shot from an "under construction" mission area showing a small planet, station and a few ship varieties.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

I have updated the main site with some more information on character development. The game stores play data in a "Profile" on the start of a new game the player will populate some basic information including gender, persona and origin which help to build out the initial dialog and will be used later in the game through dialog.

3. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

New updates are available on the main site including a demo on the In The Game page

4. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

new information uploaded to the main site, I have cleaned up and replaced a few skyboxes and improved performance. The "firstrun" level being the tutorial esk mission I have been using to test concepts with is shaping up and I expect to have the first level completed and initial testing done in the next couple of weeks.

I will add screen shots for the briefing screen soon and shortly there after I hope to release a single level demo of what I have to date on the main site.

5. mamoniem

mamoniem

where is the fur ?
    when i saw the name i enterd quickly to see how it looks inside Unity, but it seems just a name :)
    anyway good screenshots goodluck;

m;

6. drewradley

drewradley

You're missing an "R" for this to be about fur. Furry.

7. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

:) nope no fur just fury, the name was originally just a working title dealing with some of the early concept work story bits mostly and thanks hope to get something playable up on the site in the next month or so no fur but always looking for feedback.

8. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

I have recently added a plyable demo on the main site (Project Fury, in the game) it may take a bit to load I didnt really build this one for web deployment but wanted to get somthing enteractive up for people to see.

9. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

I have updated the main post with the new vid and what not; as usual the best place to get details is on the main site or the Facebook page. Please let me know what you think.

10. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

A few new additions to the main site and am prepping up to release a new demo on the main site. Most of the recent changes are geared toward simplifying mission development so not much in the way of new content with the most recent changes but I am always looking for feed back.

Coming up with the new demo will be the first "on rails" mission. The bulk of the missions are top down style shooters where the player can freely move there ship around and fill the objectives of the mission; the "on rails" or "assault" missions are intended to be extensions or sections of main missions such as the initial mission "first run" in this mission the player is sent to sweep a salvage yard after having received distress calls from the area; the mission introduces the player to combat and the HUD elements once the main objective is cleared the player is presented with 2 options (return to fleet or assault) if you choose assault you will jump to an "on rails" mission where the camera orbits your ship and flies on a pre-set path; the objective of these missions will very, in general its destroy key targets or simply survive the assault. This mission type gives the player a closer view of there ship and the action than is offered by the top down and less focus on tactic i.e. ship/fleet maneuvers, objectives, etc.

I hope to have the demo including the assault preview up shortly after Jan 1; had to make some changes to the flight behaviors as I had originally intended to keep things locked to a single y plane but the changes have been easier than I had thought.

11. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Few new updates to the main web site and a change of structure. The project its self is nearing a nice point where I can focus on mission development at this point the massive bulk of the game logic code has been written and now I need to sit about scripting out the mission and building out the galaxy the game takes place in.

Asset creation is my biggest hurdle I am a programmer and a bit slow on Blender (the 3D modelling program I use) if anyone is interested in lending a hand just let me know.... Posting on this thread or on the related Facebook page as linked on the main post would be your best way of getting in touch on the subject.

As for new media on the game I have done a great deal of brushing up especially in terms of the UI and hope to release a new version of the current gameplay demo within the next month or so. I don’t expect to release much more in the way of content in the demos but will put screenshots up as I get them.

Thanks

12. Tesla-Coil

Tesla-Coil

I did not yet noticed the game so far in WIP.
    I really love the space theme. I often played Space Rangers and Sins of a Solar Empire.

2 really great games. Still I really think Project Fury can do better than these 2 titles if you give it some time and Unity!
    Good luck and i keeping track!

13. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Thanks for the kind words;

Sins and games like it have been a source of fun and inspiration for some time, with the help of Unity and its community we hope to do the genre honour with Project Fury and entertain the gamer with more space based goodness.

14. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Few new images added to the Facebook page will get them over on the main site with in the next day or so.

We are working on a few new assets for the game including a modular space station setup and huge colony transport ships which will both play part in the main story arch and the strategic side of the game.

For note the modular station is more to help with level design than it is a game feature at current there are no plans for a station builder though it is a cool idea .... perhaps if there's time that could sneak in there.

15. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Updates to the main site as mentioned above have been completed in addition I have the template done for planets and am pretty happy with the results. While there are a number of nice looking tools on the Asset store I decided to give it a go with my limited graphic art skills and with the help of tutorials came up with a decent looking planet, animated moons and basic atmospheric and cloud effects.

I went with the simple approach and started off with spear, added 3 materials (land (Bump defuse), water (Spec) and clouds (Trans Parallax Spec)) with a simple billboard for the atmo. While low tech in comparison to the various options I found this proved the easiest and checked all the boxes and hasn't had a notable impact on performance.

In the game planets are initially decor and later resource nodes and recruiting centers.

16. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Updated the main post with a new vid; in addition the vid has been posted to YouTube, the games main site and Facebook. This update shows off some of the recent changes I have been working on including improvements to AI flight patterns and general tactics. Improvement to the visuals of the game and some work under the hood to help speedup the design and build of new levels.

17. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Updated screens for the command console;

The console is where the player will choose what to do next and provides a view of the galaxy with nodes over the available sectors; with sectors you will find a number of "sub-sectors".

With 60+ sub-sectors available at any given point each with the possibility of multiple missions the player will need a way of quickly and painlessly finding what they want to do next. The console will render a short list of "active" sector/sub-sectors along the left hand side iconed to indicate what type if any of events are available within it; by selecting a sub-sector from the menu you will be presented with a list of available "events", when an event is selected the console will present the player with a view of the main point of interest or POI in the event and allow the player to accept the event starting the mission.

What events are available will very as you progress through the game, this is based on your actions in the events you have played as well as which events you chose to accept or skip as the case may be. Depending on what path you choose to take in the game you may even be able to take control of a number of sectors and form a faction of your own.

18. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Few more updates from my long weekend; more of the command console has been populated and some tweaking to various mission objects in addition I have completed an upgrade for the planet template to allow for rings and slightly smother curves.

We are also starting to get some improved audio into the game so look or listen back soon for updates on that front

Proof of concept for the new world template rendered in game

19. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Project Fury is now on Steam Greenlight under Concepts. Please drop by and have a look, let us know what you think and while you at there is a Facebook icon give us a like .... if you like :)

In addition updates have been made on the Facebook, Main and Google+ sites with more information on the game story, concept, etc.

20. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

21. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

New vid uploaded to YouTube along with the rest of the sites

22. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

New updates across the various portals. Today we uploaded an example of one of the events this was done as a presentation and can be found on the main site under In The Game we also have new concepts published this time its faction concept logos

We have started to use a new tool Atricy Draft: SE for our design; the main drive behind getting this tool was to help bring all the design elements into a single tool so we could smooth the publishing pushes to the community. Over the next few weeks we hope to release more story flow examples, maps and details on ships, upgrades, etc.

Let us know what kind of information you would like to see of course there will be plenty that doesn't get shown the light until release especially around the story side of life but in the same we want to include the community in the dev process and get your feedback sooner than later.