Search Unity

InGame Advertising Network for Unity launched

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sebb, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Sebb

Sebb

Hi folks,
    I want to announce the first AdNetwork specialized for Unity-based games.

http://www.gameadtrading.com

We offer a free SDK that connects your game to our AdNetwork. We can deliver brand- and performance advertisings into your games. We share 80% revenue with you.

Signing up is also for free. We have added a in depth tutorial and an example project in the member area.

Your benefits:
    - You have 100% control over placing the advertising. You can integrate ads in your game without annoying your users.
    - You will get a high revenue share.
    - The SDK is a native Unity plugin. It's straight forward and minimizes your implementation effort.

You can find a demo here: http://www.elblabs.com/demo/car_demo/WebPlayer.html

I would like to welcome you on http://www.gameadtrading.com. Feel free to get in touch with us on any concerns.

Best, Sebastian

2. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

Good initiative. I'd might just take a stab at it.
    What kind of advertisements do you provide? Couldn't find it that quick on the site.

3. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Pretty cool. I think things like this work perfectly for racing. But how do you incorporate something like into an RPG without breaking the immersion and annoying players.

4. Sebb

Sebb

Here you find a list with AdFormats: http://www.gameadtrading.com/readmoreadvertiser/?lang=en#adformats

You can either use those formats for putting banners into your GUI (e.g. loading screen, game menu, HUD etc.) or create 3D assets to put ads into your game. You just have to make sure that your advertising area (whether it's real ingame or in GUI) has the aspect ratio according to our AdFormats. What you receive from our AdServer is a power-of-two texture.

All 3D-assets that are shown in the demo are included in our SDK package.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  5. Sebb

Sebb

@hellraizerhhh: You developers / game designers are in charge of placing the ads into your game. So if you think ads in your RPG will annoy your audience, place them somewhere else. As I mentioned above: "You have 100% control over placing the advertising."

Make up your mind and put the ads where you thinks they are suitable.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. MentalFish

MentalFish

Finally someone made this! Thank you! :) Signed up and looking forward to get it up and running.

7. Joel-Santos

Joel-Santos

Looks preaty good. Finally my facebook app will have ads like the mobile version

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I signed up. Do you have a good amount of companies to advertise in our games/apps? It doesnt explain if this is one of tyhose clickthrough pay or if we get paid as per add.

9. Ethan

Ethan

Looks interesting!
    How long will the promotional 80% revenue share last if i sign up till 31.08.?

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Will Apple allow this on ios?
    Is there a way that the user can click on an add i have inside my ios game?

11. Sebb

Sebb

@dreamlarp:
    Currently we are reaching out to some major players.

You get paid per AdImpression, AdClick or AdAction. We track these events with our SDK. You'll get an idea by testing our demo (see above). We are working on other advertising types such as video or rewarding.

@Ethan
    It will last until 31st of Dec. 2012

@RandAlThor
    I have not heard that it is not allowed.

As show in our demo you can specify clickable adSpaces e.g. in your game menu or loading screen. It also works for mobile. You can also mark 3D-Objects with an AdClick campaign. In such case you will have to trigger a function TriggerTakeOver() from our API manually.

12. kodagames

kodagames

1) Is this a Unity "Pro Only" ad network? (In other words can use your ad service with unity basic (free version))?

2) If I register for GameAdTrading can I use the same login details for GameAdTweaking? or are they 2 separate things?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  13. Sebb

Sebb

It's "Pro only". Sorry for that.

There is a lot of confusing about these two web-pages... GameAdTweaking is for free and you can use the same login for both sites.

14. kodagames

kodagames

Thanks for the reply Sebb greatly appreciated!
    I wish it could work with the basic version Id get a lot of use out of it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  15. ncst

ncst

Is that true for both web and mobile? I downloaded the example scene, and it worked fine in the editor with Unity Basic. And, I set up some test ads with GameAdTweaking, and the ads (clickable) seem to work fine in the editor and in a web player (using Unity Basic).

16. Sebb

Sebb

@ncst: Thanks for providing some quality assurance ;)

We were playing around with video ads. This is probably the reason why I was claiming it "Pro-only". We will investigate it. It does not officially support the Untiy-Basic until I make an official statement here.

Another thing I want to point out: Please deactivate any ad-blockers while surfing on www.gameadtrading.com or www.gameadtweaking.com. We were experiencing some problems just because the url contains the word "ad".

17. kodagames

kodagames

Hoping for the Official Statement :D

18. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Image based ads is just fine for now I think :)

19. jtrencsenyi

jtrencsenyi

What is your experiences about GameAdTrading? Revenues, fill rate, etc...

20. Michitaro-Naito

Michitaro-Naito

I'm interested in GameAdTrading and have registered just now.
    The activation process requires their review and I'm waiting for it.
    I will report details if accepted. :)

21. MacHulk

MacHulk

Cool, you have a 3D Ad!

22. Jawad

Jawad

This is not for mobile??

23. Wolfos

Wolfos

24. lnjuanj

lnjuanj

Hi elblabs,
    How is your project going? I am very interested about it: it would help me a lot not having to implement one ad system for iOS, another one for Android and another one for Webplayer.
    Did you get to introduce major advertisers?
    Do any users have experience with gameadtrading?
    Thanks in advance,
    Juanjo

25. Jawad

Jawad

how much anyone earn from this ad??

26. Michitaro-Naito

Michitaro-Naito

[TABLE="width: 300"]
    [TR]
    [TD] $snap1.png
    fig.1[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    I have tried the SDK and I'm going to share what I know about it.

About the official site:

• Registration requires reviewed.
    • Game Profile has 3 states: "In Development", "Unconfirmed", "Published".
    • Once selected, "Platform" of Game Profile cannot be changed.
    • Submission (making the state "Published") requires reviewed and cannot be canceled.

About the SDK and Ad

• The SDK works.
    • 3DAd cannot be clicked. (There is no popup for it.)
    • 2DAd can be clicked. But "Dummy" does not work.

What will be displayed for Ad:
    [TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD]State[/TD]
    [TD]Testing = true[/TD]
    [TD]Testing = false[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]In Development[/TD]
    [TD]TestAd like fig.1[/TD]
    [TD]Dummy[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Unconfirmed[/TD]
    [TD]Dummy[/TD]
    [TD]Dummy[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Published[/TD]
    [TD]?[/TD]
    [TD]?[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I will share additional information when I get a "Published" profile. It will take a few-several months.

27. Jawad

Jawad

This is not for unity free?? :(

28. Sebb

Sebb

@Wolfos: We are planning to go for Flash but we don't have a timeline yet. And: Yes, it works on mobile!

On mobile we are quite good at providing worldwide ads. The webplayer and stand-alone version is in alpha-stage at this point.

@Jawad: To be honest, we didn't test it yet. For now we only provide support for the Pro version. I will queue this into our QA-pipeline again.

@Michitaro Naito: "Dummy" is the default texture. You can change it in the inspector (e.g. your company-logo). An AdSpace can only be clicked, if there is clickable AdContent on it. You can trigger clicking an 3D-Ad manually by calling adSpace.OpenLandingPage(). But you have to implement the click-test yourself.

@all: Brand-Advertising
    The thing about brand-advertising (3D-ads) is, that your game has to have a lot of players (at least 10.000 MAU) per country. In our case this means in Germany, because we don't have an international sales-team yet. Having less players probably won't work, because normally advertisers don't want to link their brand with a bad game. If you want to be successful with 3D-ads, it is highly recommended from our side to have additional clickable 2D-ads (e.g in your game menu). This will increase the chance of finding advertisers dramatically, while you don't have numbers like FIFA or NeedForSpeed.

Sorry for the late reply. Can anyone tell how to switch on auto-notifications here?

Best, Sebastian

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  29. Sebb

Sebb

If you are planning to integrate 3D ads into your game, please get in touch with us first. So we can have a look at the game before and discuss if "branding" would be suitable for your game.

30. Gintas_

Gintas_

I'm little confused about this and free/pro versions. You said it's "pro only" and later you said "we didn't test it yet". So how is it? This could be very great opportunity for a new developers or who doesn't have a pro version yet to get some money for hard work.
    P.S. I was wondering few months ago, why nobody thought of 3D in-game ad :).

31. Sebb

Sebb

Hey folks,
    Our Plugin is compatible with;
    - Unity Free / Pro (Webplayer, PC and MAC)
    - Unity Android Pro
    - Unity iOS Pro
    We are working on a version that can be used with Unity Android Free and Unity iOS Free. It will be released shortly.

Check this video here.... http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195875-InGame-Advertising-Mobile-Games-Tipp-Kick-Klarmobil

BTW: Is anybody at the Gamescom in Cologne? We would like to have a chat with you guys...

Send me an email to: wendrich@gameadtrading.com.

Best, Sebastian

32. CypherGames

CypherGames

I think the best placement for ads in any game is in loading screens

33. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Has anyone given this thing a shot yet? How is your revenue stream... details on clicks... etc... That kind of information would be awesome.

34. Bomzj

Bomzj

Right now i am looking for ads web player solution and it seems this is just only one on the web player market.
    Interesting to know how this ads works in terms of cpm, fill rate and etc.

35. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Let us know if you get it working. My programmer had trouble and rather then pay him additional money to trouble shoot with them over email, I just switched to use admob instead. Im still hoping they end up as being something useful, because I like the idea of using 3d advertisements in a game. Once I build a game that is 3d like that :)

36. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

37. Destroypattern

Destroypattern

I have this question as well. I'm specifically looking to start on Facebook then move on to other platforms. And I would like the ad system I use to support all of them.

38. L-Tyrosine

L-Tyrosine

Is there some sort of filter to get account approved? Commercial companies only or some sort of country restriction?
    For I'm waiting a long time for account activation/review to start tests and using but got no reply. Wrote twice to support with no return.

39. shail4221

shail4221

Any updates now as to how successful your advertising is?

40. devotid

devotid

Is anybody using this or something similar? Ive got four finished PC Stand Alone games im looking to give away for free and am looking to add ads to them.

Thanks

41. L-Tyrosine

L-Tyrosine

There are some discussion about a similar product here

42. ThaiDat

ThaiDat

How to receive money. Can I receive via Bank or Paypal